Date of Incident
    December 16, 2022

Your Character Name?
    Prime Empress

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    DEADmetal03

Accused Character Name
    DMT

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    1:10pm-ish EST

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 8. Suicide, Rage-Quitting

Description of the incident:
    He frequently goes AFK for seemingly no reason without recourse. I have noticed a pattern of DMT going AFK in the hive whenever he cannot evolve to lurker. For instance, in this round, he went AFK during hive siege while there were very few xenos left, including another 3 AFKing. In total 4 AFK xenos out of 12 total.

Due to there being no admins online there was no way to free the bodies... but really this happens so often with DMT that he should be banned.

I constantly see DMT wasting larva slots and just perpetually going AFK as runner if he can't be a lurker.

He should play the game rather than constantly going AFK without ghosting.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Logs - pull history if you wish

Do you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I was a player in this round.

Chichii made a hive and placed a core just east of where comms were located, far southeast of the LZ. Said hive eventually fell, but I did not participate in the siege.

However, I did patrol it later, clearing weeds to deny backliners healing. When visiting the wrecked hive, I couldn't help but notice DMT's dead body in the hive. He was a lurker. This was another siege, before the one stated by Chichii. That makes two AFK deaths in that round.

I play xeno, too, and I can testify, along with many others, that he AFK's and refuses to do anything until lurker - other times even AFK as lurker, such as this round in particular. I have played queen a lot and every single round he's been in, there was one point where he would just sit AFK on the hive core, even when ordered to do something and/or threatened with banishment.

While I know that often admins will use the "you can AFK until ordered not to" clause, I'm sure this is void, as he often AFK's even when told otherwise (as stated above) and it happens way too often for it to be just incidental.

He actively hinders the hive and eats a T1 or T2 slot that someone else wanting to go back into the game and help could take.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good effort, nice metareport, but I'm sorry to inform you of the following. In both cases here I was waiting for the caps, that were in advanced larva stages, to burst. See, when I have the opportunity of doing so, and when there is no one actively pooling caps, I would choose this way of helping the hive instead of playing as a runner. I find pooling caps to be much more effective in this sense than landing a slash or two on a marine occasionally.

I didn't die while "AFKing" in this round. First death was due to the fact that the hive was walled out on the end I was trying to escape from. I was also trying to save one host there. Originally the hive was all walled out and the tunnel was located where marines pushed in from. I pooled a few caps there soon before that hive was raided, which would likely have been left unpooled otherwise, as I was alone there by that time.

My second death in this round couldn't even be interpreted as having anything even remotely to do with inactivity. After pooling 5 caps, iirc (all of which were in late stages of larva development as I evolved), I immediately went on to assist the hive defense (not much can a runner do in this regard though).

Castor - instead of adding blatantly false info here - you should have tried to work on your metagrudge a little before making a comment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In every round i play if DMT is in it, i see him AFKing in the hive for the lurker slot sometimes staying AFK even after he gets it.

Personally, i don't mind some xenos AFKing to get a certein evo but only if the hive is not in danger and queen is still on ovi hell i sometimes do it myself. What is annoying is seeing some xenos such as DMT AFK even when queen goes off ovi or orders everyone to hold/go to a certein spot.

In this particular round i believe queen said multiple times that everyone should hold botany and leave the walled in hive via the tunnel. If you weren't AFK maybe you would have noticed instead of later dying in there. Later on new hive at north west was set up and again there you were staying in it while queen asked multiple times for everyone to get near her. Bursted caps do not need to be watched 24/7. The fresh larva can pool them when they evolve or the xenos that actually play the game can pool them when they come back to nest a fresh cap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Admittedly, if there was an order to leave the first hive, I missed it. That hive had at least 3 caps still by the time everyone left, at least two of which were in "red" larva stages. I was going to wait for the late stage larvas to burst and head out. Just as I pooled them I found marines pushing in from where the tunnel was. I vored the last host and attempted to get through multiple walls on the other side, but marines got to me sooner. Without considering the fact that there might have been a queens order to leave the hive - waiting for multiple red stage larvas to burst before heading out was a good action to take. As you should have noticed, a lot of xeno players don't care about pooling bodies.

At the new hive, I never evolved into lurker, and again, there were other 3 to 5 late stage larva caps. If you think that a runner is likely to be more useful in combat than while waiting for multiple red stage larvas to burst to pool the bodies - you are not so good at this game.

I don't deny the fact that I should, in some rounds, take less time being AFK in hive. Although, when I do go AFK for some time, and again, in some rounds - I always consider the important factors that tell where I'm actually needed: are there any soon to burst caps; am I T2; battle situation; have marines landed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we now have enough testimony to handle this report. Please be patient and wait until the logs are posted.
    Viktor 'Iron' Mallard's service record:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOGS

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pooling of hosts between 17:00 and 17:17 is missing from these logs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, it's funny how a lot of people here would take things out of context or just straight up provide false info, even in reports, to a ridiculous extent only to put someone in a bad light. What a funny community. If the part of the supposed capping grief has been brought up in addition, my actions described in the ahelp could have been reflected in the logs as well. Specifically - how long did it take for all the involved xenos to keep trying to get that marine hugged.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reviewing the testimony and logs, I can see that the accused player in question did seem to purposeful and knowingly take action meant to grief the other xeno players due to apparent ongoing disagreement both in and out of round.

There does not seem to be enough to act on the broader issue of the players behavior and I would suggest that specific behavior is reported in game (or as player reports if that fails) as it happens so staff has a better picture of issues, should there be any.

Regardless of that however and based on previous notes, the player will receive a warning about purposefully griefing the hive in a round and hostile behavior related to that.