Black Flag #2329

Marine Name
    Jimmy 'FF' Chance

Character Information

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Kain'Tao

What clan are you joining?
    Other (Minor Clan)

If Other (Minor Clan), what is the Clan Name?
    Clan Tao

If Other (Minor Clan), Minor Clan Lore
    Clan name: Tao

Relationship in the Clan:
    Kain'Tao, fortunate to be as the son of a Warrior named Petin'Tao, in the Tao clan. Petin'Tao, is an Elite in the Tao clan, a stoic warrior who has completed the challenge to become a Clan Leader. Three serpent queen skulls are proudly presented on his scout ship, and the stories of his hive cleansing are sung in jubilee. Petin'Tao fathered 87 pups so far, and is thought to be the next in line to become the successor of the clan.

Clan leader:
    The clan leader, Rorik'Tao, is around 751 years old. His age is a testament to his hunting prowess. Once an Elite of the Ransok clan, he defeated the former clan leader in an honorable duel. After usurping the former clan leader, he began to spread his popularity as a warrior that has no equal. This angered a rival clan, the Umsui, in which a semi-civil war broke out. The conflict lasted two years consisting of proxy battles on foreign planets. While the battles were fought honorably, the enforcers were called in to halt the bloodshed.

Status of the Tao Clan now:
    The conflict between the Tao and the Umsui left a devastating blow on their resources and manpower. 42 blooded warriors were killed, and 17 skilled workers were killed. The Tao clan, now is attempting to reassert their dominance through the hunt. The rivalry between the Umsui and Tao continue today, both competing for glory and upstanding in society. After the conflict between the two clans, society had mixed feelings about the Tao clan. Most supported them, since all skirmishes were carried out honorably. Yet some viewed them negatively, as it was not fought in a duel between the clan leaders.

Religious views:
    Kor'Ma is the patron God of the Tao clan. It reflects their warrior spirit and the ability to do battle. Yet, they honor Paya the God of the Hunt and Glory and Dtekale the Goddess of women and birth. By choosing Kor'Ma, the clan faithfully serves in his name in hopes of victory in battle, the hunt, and for the healthy new pups they will bring into this world.

Yautja Character Story
    *Kain'Tao formed a special relationship with his blood brother, Tomar'Tao. While Kain had many blood brothers, which Petin'Tao fathered, both Kain and Tomar were born on the same day. They grew up together, and as they reached the age to start the process into becoming a Blooded Warrior their dreams of glory and women burned into their minds. A week before they left to the hunting ground, the brothers drank their c’ntlip, the fiery grog that fogged their mind and body. Their young and egotistic imaginative thinking led to magnificent dreams of glory and women.*

"Brother, we are Blooded in one week. ", says Kain.

"I am ready, we were born for this Kain.", exclaims Tomar.

*The two sit back on their chairs, the pair pour another glass and toast.*

"To the Hunt!", yells out Tomar.

"To Kor'Ma, and eternal glory!", responds Kain.

*A week has passed when the brothers shared their toast and dreamed of the songs that would be sung in their honor. Now they are faced with the harsh reality of the situation they are in. As the Ancient one leads the Unblooded through a cave structure on a foreign planet, Kain inhales deeply as he scans the path ahead. The musk of aggression and violence mixed in with the damp rotten scent of the cave structure felt heavy to him, darkness enveloped the group as they traversed through the cave. An inclining of light could be seen far ahead, a flash of lightning at the exit of the cave illuminates their path. Movement. A midnight black object, a snake perhaps, flicks for just a moment in the visible flash of light. One of the Unblooded rushed forward ahead of the group eager to get this over with, into the darkness he ran as the Ancient one let out a growl of frustration. Lightning again, another flash illuminates the cave as they journey even closer to the exit. The eager Yautja passed the black snake, no… The Kainde Amedha, hard-meat. The hard meat, a drone, slings it’s tail into the spine of the Yautja, a howl of pain echoes the cave as he collapses on the floor. The hunt has begun, an ambush set by the hard-meat. A roar of aggression and excitement escapes Kain’s mouth as he flares his lower mandables behind his mask, rushing forward with his wrist blade drawn he leaps and slices at the drone cutting off the frontal lobe of it’s head. A lurker emerges from the shadows, clawing down at Kain and slicing his abdomen. Rage enthralled, Kain sends a left upper cut to the creature’s apparent ribcage sending it stumbling and leaving an opening for a death blow from his wrist blade. A third hard-meat crawls up from a tunnel, Tomar cries out, “Kain, this one is mine!”. Moving swiftly, Tomar rushes the drone that crawled out from the tunnels impaling it with his wrist blade easily. Kain is leapt on by a small hard-meat, a small red and agile serpent. The creature turns his attention away from Tomar, for just the split moment it took to kill the creature Tomar was attacked by a large beast. A warrior. The creature pounced on Tomar, dragging him into the darkness. A flash of teeth and florescent green blood illuminate the darkness, rain and thunder drown out roar of Kain.*

"Tomar... Brother. No!", cries out Kain.

*Blood boiling, he looks up towards the beast of a Xenomorph. He takes a knee and waits for the creature to charge him. As expected, the Warrior looks towards Kain and charges him. Kain, braced and arm blade extended out, catches the warrior in the chest as it leaps at him. Acid blood sprays onto the ground on onto his knee. Making a roar fueled by anger, pain, and sadness. *

*The Ancient one finally steps forward, after the small skirmish. He places a hand onto Kain's shoulder. Kain, twirls around looking for the next Xenomorph only to realize it is the Ancient.*

"The hunt is complete.", says the Ancient one.

*Kain's gaze falls to Tomar. He slouches his shoulders, and takes a knee beside his brother.*

"We grew up together, ever since we were suckers. We were supposed to share our first kill together, our first victory. The glory of the Blooding.", says Kain.

*The Ancient one ignores Kain emotional outburst, simply standing tall.*

"The hard-meats are as dumb as the hounds, save for the Queen. Yet they have no fear and are ferocious. He couldn’t adapt. The first did not expect the hard meat to attack from the shadows, only thinking they would come face to face. Learn from these mistakes. Now, go stand by your kills for approval.", says the Ancient coldly.

*There begins the recovery of trophies, collecting heads of the confirmed kills. The ceremonial marking using the hard-meats blood. As this happens, Kain begins the process of tending to the corpse of his fallen brother. Gently recovering the ancient technology and preparing the body to be transported home.*

Confirmations

Have you read the honor code and do you understand that if you breach the honor code you may be subject to disciplinary action and have your whitelist revoked for a set amount of time?
    Yes

Did you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any behavior that is unbecoming of a member of the community may result in you having your whitelist revoked? Such things include, but are not limited to: Racism, toxicity, excessive or malicious trolling, abuse of staff or etc.
    Yes

Do you understand that you may face having your whitelist revoked, or other disciplinary action undertaken, should you be banned or warned on the CM discord?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Do you understand that community members may report your in-game actions on the forums, and that you may be asked to defend your actions.
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    never seen ya before, I am hearing that you are shooting people on purpose, and you are almost completely unknown to me. But in fair spirits, I will offer some questions to gauge if you even read the honor code.

1. a runner is constantly following you around and making weird lrp comments like "hi boss." "Go kill some humans for me" and "burping" how would you respond to it?

2. you are confronted by another predator that claims you stole their hunt and want you to drop the trophy and leave, how would you respond.

3. Xenos are trying to trap you in an enclosed area and trying to get you to fight their queen who you believe is going to try and cap you how would you respond to it?

4. another pred is killed by a marine in fair combat the marine has all the preds gear on and is running around at the fls with it and he has sent the body up to the human ship, how would you handle this? (This one is to test your decision-making skills no real right answer, sorta)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nvm forget the questions, you lied about your disc tags, and you are perma banned on the disc. heavy -100000

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for your first accusation, no I have not been shooting people on purpose. I play SO and Charlie SL almost strictly which would make it either impossible to shoot friendly's on purpose or would raise eyebrows and garner staff reports. You must have me mistaken with someone else. As for your second accusation, that is false. It was an honest mistake, I created my application on a word document and forgot to revise the (OOC) portion including my discord info(Black Flag #2823). Yes, I am banned from discord for a silly reason. I posted a meme referring to OT and in the meme was "instructions to make a letter b**b. Of course, they were not actually real and it was a meme. I soon after deleted the meme, knowing that it could be taken literally and was banned a day later. I read your application from last month and it seems you know your stuff, so I know this isn't personal. Thank you for your quick responses to my application.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok i can understand how the disc tags could be a mistake but you cant apply when you are banned from the disc. as for the first accusation the person in question stated it was a wo round where they stepped out of cades to fight xenos and when they went back in to heal you shot them for leaving cades, the person in question is very trusted in my eyes. you may answer the questions but the application will most likely be denied due to the ban.
    Last edited by safecrown2253; 12-19-2022 at 04:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the application rules state that you can apply if it is a small infraction, which I believe that my situation falls under. But, for the shooting incident I honestly don't know. I'm sure that this person has recorded the incident and told staff when it happened, as that is what I do. This seems like such a strange incident WO is notorious for FF when xenos get into the cades. But, I'm sure the recording would prove my innocence, I never BE'd someone or straight up shot them.

Synthetic Council Member QuickLoad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen this player a couple times and I can vouch for their RP competency. It was especially awesome RPing with you on Solaris post-evac, keep doing what you are doing - it makes a great, immersive atmosphere in CM. Best of luck on your application

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The application is to be denied as the applicant has a Discord perma ban.

You can reapply in 30 days.
    Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
    Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Yautja Council member as of March 17th - Now