Discord Username?
    ro3ger#0497

CM Character?
    May 'chaos' blyant Cletus Mayward

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT-8

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    18-20

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    No

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Yes Most english servers

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Yes
    Paradise, about 2 years ago, Was a greytider who had started playing about 2 months earlier

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Start off with asking the marine in question their side on what happened and why they shot the marine then check combat logs for this marine to see if their story aligns with what they say happened. Dependent on history/notes of aggressor punish as such, If proper escalation was followed I would let MP’s take over from there

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Tell the player that if they truly and dearly believe the predator is breaking honor code to record and gather evidence and make a report on the forums or send the evidence to the predator council as unless they are breaking clear server rules we cannot punish them

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    MentorHelpmoderator)(ro3ger) If there is a SEA there is a new player at [Location] who is very clearly new, please go help them or if not someone else help them
    If the player is desperately lost and wandering around in maintenance I would give them a few pm’s to try and direct them to somewhere where another marine may be able to help them if not to the equipment area

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Ask them to not stop as I do not need to take flak as staff and if they continue to be rude give them punishments escalating on if they continue to be rude. I would also inform him that if he does not agree with my decisions here they may make a report on the forums

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Check to make sure that the report is accurate and if so check to see if the player is new if so inform them about the rules of not having names from media or video games. And ask them if they want to change it. If they do have a note history about this or a extreme amount of play time I would warn/take action as necessary

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    If the maintenance tech is not using it to grief or attack players I would let it be a IC issue for the MP’s to take care of it. I would check in every once in awhile to make sure the MT is not attempting to grief. If they do have a history of griefing I would try and make sure their intent is not to grief with the armor, if it is A subtle hint to the MP’s would help if not able to stop the grief from happening

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    This has been a recent change where it has explicitly stated that unless you are CLF/UPP or any other hostile faction survivor you may not be aggressive without proper escalation. I would inform the survivor of such and to please disengage the marines. If there has been a large note history of this I would apply punishment based on just how much this happened. If the marines affected by the survivor were hidden away to not be revived I would Aheal them, if the survivor continues to attack the marines even after my PM I would sleep the survivor if they continue to attack unprovoked or just attack the marines in general

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would ask the MP for their side of the story and if there is any CT or RO’s online ask them for what they saw. If the marine did in fact do something more than what they said I would ask them to not lie to staff in the future as lying won’t help them. If the Mp is at fault based on the MP’s note history I would escalate punishments, and would have the marines’s actual crime put on a cell minus however long they spent in the cell

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would ask the admins into doing a event if there is one on or if they are willing. If said is not available I would make a QM announcement saying something like this “My children the talls are stagnating on their metal hive but so are you, take the offensive and show them why we are not to be messed with, as even in the face of failure you will have the planet secured for future generations of our children.”

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would try and watch the medic to see if this was purposeful or accidental griefing and if it is accidental I would try and correct the mistake but if it is purposeful I would Ahelp and inform the admins as to why I believe they are griefing/ doing this on purpose. If I do find they are griefing on purpose I would attempt to inform the other medics and marines around as a dog pile of angry marines holding down or if possible zip cuffs from a friendly engineer

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Inform the marine this is a IC issue as CLF and USCM are hostile factions even during end of round

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Tell the marine that is going around to stop and if their note history or they have been playing for a long time take I would escalate based on that but in any case quote the rule 2 explicit “Major shenanigans that may disrupt the normal flow of the round at roundstart, (This includes but is not limited to; big or lethal fights, briefing brawls, riots, massive equipment restrictions and tackling players trying to reach their prep room.), are not tolerated.”

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    My decision would be heavily swayed based on where this happened and if there are MP’s online. If this happened shipside in the middle of medical where a MP instantly arrested the marine I would let it play out in character but if this situation were to happen on the ground in the middle of nowhere with no other marines around I would check logs to make sure this is in fact what happened and give a warning or other punishments based on notes, in most cases I would aheal the affected marine

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would start off with trying to get the other staff informed as this mutiny could be 2-30 people and I doubt myself alone could handle it if is a large amount of people. 2nd I would try and sleep the people if they are currently breaking things and rioting. 3rd try and find the cause of the riot and find out why they are causing a mutiny, if their reasons are justified I would talk to them about making a Ahelp first before causing a mutiny and dependent on just how justified it is and the players acts kind I might let it continue with a warning but if the firestarter has a bad note history or is rude I would try and stop the mutiny and give punishment to the firestarter as needed

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    PM the player who is making the jokes and inform them that even if they are making jokes and people are laughing doesn’t make it acceptable to be saying them. If the joke is extremely minor I would give them a note but if its not I have been told its a 7 day ban no warning needed

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Very simple example of a griefer, if there is no medics available I would aheal the players and if there is only aheal the ones who got fractures or died. Give the player as high of a ban as I can and make a request for a perma ban for the player

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    This is a player who for some reason decided to remove a larva slot for the xenos, I would try and add 1 pooled larva so that this suicide can be neggated, If the player is new I would give them a warning just explaining that even if they don’t like xenos or for whatever reason they may have done it that its not okay. If their note history shows that they have done this multiple times I would give them a job ban based on that and if it happens multiple times in a single round give them a xenomorph job ban

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Pm the player to tell them to stop this behavior as its plain LRP and escalate if they have a note history of doing this constantly

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Direct the player who made the PM to rule 2 in the xeno area where it states “Xeno hivemind is an English translation of their thoughts, so words such as “hydro” or “shuttle” are acceptable.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Find out if they only slipped up and said it once or was talking about it like its a known fact there are aliens
    Pm the command staff and explain to the player that while aliens are a known threat they are not what is known on the planet and to save talk about them until after the marines have deployed and see the aliens. Escalate if note history show repetitive offenses.
    If the word alien was accidentally slipped into the words then I would let it pass

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    MORAL OF ETHICS: Otherwise IC issue. If the player had other pods they could have chosen and purposely chose to join a pod of 3 so they may murder I would punish them based on that

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Pm the player and explain to them that they may think their slick by bad mouthing me not in the PM’s but we know. And escalate based on note history

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Inform the marine at on CM there is no SSD protection so this is unfortunately a IC issue

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    If I see this to be truly a bad case I would inform their manager but would stay out of it in game

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would put in my ideas on what should happen on msay but otherwise let the 2 staff members try and figure it out for themselves but if it escalates I would inform the manager or heads

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I like CM as its one of the few servers I truly respect and would love to help out when I can as there is usually only 1 modadmin and 1 developer during low pop hours which is when I usually play so I would love to help during those times

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Having the best interest of community as you may say you are fair and equal but that is only in your eyes and not everyone else's

Anything else you want to add?
    CM has been a fun game for me in the past years and I have definitely enjoyed it during the covid lockdown so why not give back and help the community especially when moderation can be lacking during low population time

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your answers look good. I think you would be a good fit for the moderation team +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there! Since a lot of staff members have been busy/away for the holidays, I'm going to give this two more days for feedback before resolving. So sorry for the delay!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I am Moonshanks the a senior admin, sometimes it’s useful to have your app replied to in detail. While this isn’t a concrete list of what is right or wrong, it should help for future apps if you need to make them. Usually the main criteria we judge off of is your moderator mindset, rather than your skillset (we can train skills, we can’t as easily change people’s communication/de-escalation skills).

Application Answer Review

Quote Originally Posted by ro3ger View Post

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Start off with asking the marine in question their side on what happened and why they shot the marine then check combat logs for this marine to see if their story aligns with what they say happened. Dependent on history/notes of aggressor punish as such, If proper escalation was followed I would let MP’s take over from there
    Good answer. Investigates the situation, remembers to check logs and notes. PMs end user to see what happened. I could also be worth PMing the victim in this situation as the logs don’t always make situations crystal clear, but overall this answer is good.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Tell the player that if they truly and dearly believe the predator is breaking honor code to record and gather evidence and make a report on the forums or send the evidence to the predator council as unless they are breaking clear server rules we cannot punish them
    Good answer. Nothing much to add, you remember to check if it is a rulebreak, and you correctly acknowledge we cannot punish preds for WL issues. It is also worth contacting the WL Overseer or Predator Senator depending on the nature of the report.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    MentorHelpmoderator)(ro3ger) If there is a SEA there is a new player at [Location] who is very clearly new, please go help them or if not someone else help them
    If the player is desperately lost and wandering around in maintenance I would give them a few pm’s to try and direct them to somewhere where another marine may be able to help them if not to the equipment area
    Good answer. Perhaps a little bit short and you fail to mention how you would investigate the situation. You are a mentor yourself though so I do not doubt your ability to train new players. As staff you can spawn as SEA yourself if none are present and you aren’t in round.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Ask them to not stop as I do not need to take flak as staff and if they continue to be rude give them punishments escalating on if they continue to be rude. I would also inform him that if he does not agree with my decisions here they may make a report on the forums
    Unclear/lacking answer. It isn’t really clear what you mean here. I’m assuming you mean you do not interact with the user further which is fine. This answer lacks some key points such as: we do not hand over tickets to higher ranked staff on request, only if we want to; we investigate all tickets even if the player is being rude or disruptive in PMs; You should tell the end user to stop being rude to you, or mute them in tickets, if they are doing so.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Check to make sure that the report is accurate and if so check to see if the player is new if so inform them about the rules of not having names from media or video games. And ask them if they want to change it. If they do have a note history about this or a extreme amount of play time I would warn/take action as necessary
    Good answer. Clear that you investigate the situation and handle it based on previous notes/escalation. You don’t identify why ‘John Doe’ is a banned name but you do correctly point out that name referencing media or videogames are not allowed. Minor mistake, we always note players if we change their name, but you aren’t expected to know that as it will be covered in training.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    If the maintenance tech is not using it to grief or attack players I would let it be a IC issue for the MP’s to take care of it. I would check in every once in awhile to make sure the MT is not attempting to grief. If they do have a history of griefing I would try and make sure their intent is not to grief with the armor, if it is A subtle hint to the MP’s would help if not able to stop the grief from happening
    Unclear answer. Again the intent behind this answer isn’t clear. You correctly identify that a MT running around with armour and a rifle isn’t automatically an OOC issue. However your answer suggests that if you did establish the situation as grief, you would still leave it up to an IC resolution, which is wrong. You also fail to establish that an MT deploying to front line is an OOC issue. I am unsure how an MT would grief with specifically armour alone.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    This has been a recent change where it has explicitly stated that unless you are CLF/UPP or any other hostile faction survivor you may not be aggressive without proper escalation. I would inform the survivor of such and to please disengage the marines. If there has been a large note history of this I would apply punishment based on just how much this happened. If the marines affected by the survivor were hidden away to not be revived I would Aheal them, if the survivor continues to attack the marines even after my PM I would sleep the survivor if they continue to attack unprovoked or just attack the marines in general
    Okay answer. You correctly identify that there are some survivors which can be hostile. Two minor mistakes here. If the survivor isn’t allowed to be hostile and isn’t about to be killed you should probably sleep them first. You also suggest that no punishment will be applied if there isn’t a large note history which is wrong. Unless there is a very good reason not to, you should be noting each rulebreak you handle OOC.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would ask the MP for their side of the story and if there is any CT or RO’s online ask them for what they saw. If the marine did in fact do something more than what they said I would ask them to not lie to staff in the future as lying won’t help them. If the Mp is at fault based on the MP’s note history I would escalate punishments, and would have the marines’s actual crime put on a cell minus however long they spent in the cell
    Okay answer. You clearly state how you would investigate the situation in PMs and who you would ask. You clearly identify that an MP abusing or misusing marine law is an OOC issue. You fail to mention any IC resolutions for the situation that would also need to be taken if the MP was in the wrong.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would ask the admins into doing a event if there is one on or if they are willing. If said is not available I would make a QM announcement saying something like this “My children the talls are stagnating on their metal hive but so are you, take the offensive and show them why we are not to be messed with, as even in the face of failure you will have the planet secured for future generations of our children.”
    Lacking/Unclear answer. You make no mention of convincing marines to end the stalemate (usually you should try to convince both to attack). You also don’t need an admin to do this if you are a moderator. The grammar in this answer is also confusing.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would try and watch the medic to see if this was purposeful or accidental griefing and if it is accidental I would try and correct the mistake but if it is purposeful I would Ahelp and inform the admins as to why I believe they are griefing/ doing this on purpose. If I do find they are griefing on purpose I would attempt to inform the other medics and marines around as a dog pile of angry marines holding down or if possible zip cuffs from a friendly engineer
    Okay answer. You identify, but do not state, that you cannot handle situations you may be directly involved with. While the IC resolution is perfectly fine and a novel answer, you should ensure that OOC action is taken by someone, by making sure the event is handed off to staff, or pinging them in the discord. (it goes without saying that most - not all - IC resolutions should rely on IC not OOC information).

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Inform the marine this is a IC issue as CLF and USCM are hostile factions even during end of round
    Acceptable answer. You fail to state an investigation into if the CLF are or not hostile, but it can be assumed that they are in most situations.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Tell the marine that is going around to stop and if their note history or they have been playing for a long time take I would escalate based on that but in any case quote the rule 2 explicit “Major shenanigans that may disrupt the normal flow of the round at roundstart, (This includes but is not limited to; big or lethal fights, briefing brawls, riots, massive equipment restrictions and tackling players trying to reach their prep room.), are not tolerated.”
    Okay answer. While typically a marine stealing gear and starting fights is an IC issue, you do correctly identify it can be an OOC issue if done in excess or to key items. My worry is your understanding of the ‘scale’ here is a bit off, but that can be corrected in training.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    My decision would be heavily swayed based on where this happened and if there are MP’s online. If this happened shipside in the middle of medical where a MP instantly arrested the marine I would let it play out in character but if this situation were to happen on the ground in the middle of nowhere with no other marines around I would check logs to make sure this is in fact what happened and give a warning or other punishments based on notes, in most cases I would aheal the affected marine
    Wrong answer. You’ve misidentified the situation here, if the person making the ticket is correct then I.E. (improper escalation) has happened and OOC action should be taken. Whether MPs are or aren’t handling a situation IC shouldn’t stop you from handling it OOC.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would start off with trying to get the other staff informed as this mutiny could be 2-30 people and I doubt myself alone could handle it if is a large amount of people. 2nd I would try and sleep the people if they are currently breaking things and rioting. 3rd try and find the cause of the riot and find out why they are causing a mutiny, if their reasons are justified I would talk to them about making a Ahelp first before causing a mutiny and dependent on just how justified it is and the players acts kind I might let it continue with a warning but if the firestarter has a bad note history or is rude I would try and stop the mutiny and give punishment to the firestarter as needed
    This answer is almost right. While it is situational on whether you grant a mutiny or not, you shouldn’t grant a mutiny to people who have started an improper one 99% of the time. If they start an improper mutiny, they don’t get to start a proper one just because it is justified. You clearly identified the size of the situation and the help you would need which is good.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    PM the player who is making the jokes and inform them that even if they are making jokes and people are laughing doesn’t make it acceptable to be saying them. If the joke is extremely minor I would give them a note but if its not I have been told its a 7 day ban no warning needed
    Correct answer. Correctly identified the 7 day ban standard. While I would err on the side of caution with being lenient on racism (even minor racism) you are free to make that choice for yourself as staff.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Very simple example of a griefer, if there is no medics available I would aheal the players and if there is only aheal the ones who got fractures or died. Give the player as high of a ban as I can and make a request for a perma ban for the player
    An almost correct answer. Your escalation here is off. You are right that this person is a griefer and an escalated ban should be applied due to the logo off, but typically this would be a week to a month at most on first offence. You should also check for multikey on the griefer, but you wouldn’t know to do that without training.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    This is a player who for some reason decided to remove a larva slot for the xenos, I would try and add 1 pooled larva so that this suicide can be neggated, If the player is new I would give them a warning just explaining that even if they don’t like xenos or for whatever reason they may have done it that its not okay. If their note history shows that they have done this multiple times I would give them a job ban based on that and if it happens multiple times in a single round give them a xenomorph job ban
    Okay answer. Again your escalation is a bit off but that can be corrected with training. You correctly identify how you would investigate the situation, and how you would resolve the situation by reimbursing the xenomorphs with a larva. If the larva was being used to scout, I would not reimburse the xenomorphs. A job ban could be applicable in this scenario, but they would have to be front lining a LOT within the last 6 months.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Pm the player to tell them to stop this behavior as its plain LRP and escalate if they have a note history of doing this constantly
    Lacking answer. It is LRP, netspeak. You fail to mention warnings or punishments you would hand out. For Netspeak a warning should always be made.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Direct the player who made the PM to rule 2 in the xeno area where it states “Xeno hivemind is an English translation of their thoughts, so words such as “hydro” or “shuttle” are acceptable.
    Good answer. Sometimes you can and should get away with saying “Left IC” rather than specifically explaining all the rules, especially if someone is upset or defensive about the situation.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Find out if they only slipped up and said it once or was talking about it like its a known fact there are aliens
    Pm the command staff and explain to the player that while aliens are a known threat they are not what is known on the planet and to save talk about them until after the marines have deployed and see the aliens. Escalate if note history show repetitive offenses.
    If the word alien was accidentally slipped into the words then I would let it pass
    Good answer. Clearly shows an understanding of intent, and explains how they would resolve the issue.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    MORAL OF ETHICS: Otherwise IC issue. If the player had other pods they could have chosen and purposely chose to join a pod of 3 so they may murder I would punish them based on that
    Good answer. Clearly shows an understanding of when to OOC enforce situations like this and when to leave it IC. Though your grammar here is a bit confusing, as it is unclear what “moral of ethics” means.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Pm the player and explain to them that they may think their slick by bad mouthing me not in the PM’s but we know. And escalate based on note history
    Confusing answer. We know what? As for bad mouthing in LOOC Dchat or other places it is a mute 99% of the time.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Inform the marine at on CM there is no SSD protection so this is unfortunately a IC issue
    Good answer. Straight to the point.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    If I see this to be truly a bad case I would inform their manager but would stay out of it in game
    Good answer. Again, concise and to the point.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would put in my ideas on what should happen on msay but otherwise let the 2 staff members try and figure it out for themselves but if it escalates I would inform the manager or heads
    Good answer. Sometimes it is good to still inform management if a rule has been wrongly enforced.

Overall your answers are mixed.

While your intent is often clear, and you take steps to describe your actions, your wording is confusing. At points, understanding what you were trying to get across with your answers was difficult.

I recommend putting any applications through a word processor such as google docs (it is free). But as someone who is dyslexic myself I understand the difficulty with proofreading. My worry is that if this confusing wording extends to in game players might struggle to understand your intent/what you are saying.

You were more often right than wrong. The areas which you struggle (finding the appropriate punishment) with could easily be corrected during training.

That being said, there were a few too many areas where you were wrong or where your answers felt lacking. Your answers are often short and concise, which is fine where you are right, but can feel rushed where you are wrong.

I think you show promise as a tmod candidate HOWEVER I would like to see you go back and give this application another try, with more clarity and elaboration on HOW you would handle the situations, not only WHAT you would do.

For now I will be giving you a -1 but in my books this app is really close to being a +1.
    Last edited by Moonshanks; 01-03-2023 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Syntax errors
    Viktor 'Iron' Mallard's service record:

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most answers seem ok/good, at lest in intent. Your wording however is kinda off at times.

I don't think i've had any complaints with you during your time as mentor.

Overall i'm leaning +1. While there answers could have been better, the few that are off do not seem to be beyond what can be fixed in training. Additional I feel you managed to get your intent across in the questions that are confusing. That said 30 days more preparation would not hurt either.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think all the answers are ideal but the intent and awareness are there.
    In my opinion a bit of experience and training would make up for any of the flaws I've seen in your application.
    Also mentors gotta stick together
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there! Thank you for you app! Based on your answers, mod team feedback and your record as mentor, I am happy to welcome you on as a trial mod!
    Welcome to to team!