Date of Incident
    December 23, 2022
    Your Character Name?
    chris 'skullface' man
    Their BYOND Key
    Anclandor
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    4:30 am
    Which of the following are you reporting?
    3. Enforcement Action Taken
    Description of the incident
    I was a Charlie comtech, we had just finished briefing when Ares posts an alert stating that there was an intruder inside of the ARES core, as this was happening before deployment i assumed it was gonna be a hostile force that was going to delay the marine deployment, I arrive at the ARES core and the doors are all open, i go through the door gun drawn and I see a man in a suit, wearing body armor, and a mask (looked like one of the ones used during the payday event) I panic shoot thinking its hostile, my bullet completely misses, he turns to me, I yell at him to identify himself (at least that's what I remember what I said, it may be something different but it was along the lines of that), he then draws his pistol and shoots at me, he misses his first shot, I assume we can then talk it out, then he shoots again and hits me with an AP bullet so I know he is most likely hostile I shoot him twice, in order to keep em down for MPs to arrive, when my SL bursts in, sees me injured, sees the CL down, and pushes me aside and unloads into the CLs head. I only realized it was the CL when I saw his briefcase, I had the intention of bringing him alive to the MPs but my SL thought otherwise. the MPs come to the scene of the crime and instead of arresting me for murder, they congratulated me and arrest the CL, now at this point I thought crisis averted and went to deploy, I know that I may have caused him to try killing me by shooting first, (even if I completely missed) but at the same time, 90% of the events that involve an intruder in the ship are over equipped crazies full of drugs that can usually take down 5 people each. I didn't want to take the chance of being the first victim, but when I saw him only carrying a mod88, I realized something was wrong, I tried to de escalate the situation but being shot in the chest didn't help that. I don't believe that a heavy warning for IE is necessary here, if the admins didn't want marines ruining their event they should have waited after the first deployment in order to start it. I get it that I should ask first when it comes to personnel of the uscm, but I had no way of knowing it was going to be one of us, especially with how he was dressed. he looked exactly like one of the payday members during firecharge's event, (I would know because I was one of them).

tangents aside. there was a lot of miscommunication there, ARES called the CL an intruder

ARES v3.2 ALERT: INTRUDER DETECTED IN ARES CHAMBER

intruder definition: a person who intrudes, especially into a building with criminal intent.

this event takes place before marines drop, this usually means marines should be a part of it

and the way the CL was acting and the outfit he was wearing,

all of these things pointed to some outside force entering the ship to cause problems, if any of these things didn't happen I wouldn't have immediately shot them in the chest twice with slugs to down them. had I have known that either A. marines shouldnt interfere with this event or B. the unknown intruder was a member of the uscm I wouldn't have shot, end of story. I know I have a history of IE in the past but I've learnt from that, I know how I should escalate with people of the uscm, however I had no idea he was one of them (points I made above), even when i did shoot, i also never meant to kill, i had plenty of meds on me to stablize the person so i felt that i could quickly down them, medicate them, tie them up, then give them to the mps. the actions of my sl were the reason that the CL died, not mine, the target was down, the situation was handled, there was no reason for the SL to barge in and put 10 bullets into the CL's head (except for ungas being ungas and never taking prisoners)

im not asking for a complete removal of the warning as i did kinda jump the gun by shooting first, but i feel that a heavy warning is a bit unfair given the situation i was placed in. (expecially since i wasnt the one who killed them)
    Evidence
    chat with the admin
    -- Administrator private message --
    Admin PM from-Anclandor: Hey, can you explain what happned between you in the CL?
    Click on the administrator's name to reply.

PM to-Admins: well, i heard the intruder alert, i run over, and when i open the door i see a masked man in body armour in there, i had NO idea it was the CL until he turned to me with his gun, then once he hit me with a round i shot him twice to down him, the SL decided that wasnt enough and came in to execute em
    PM to-Admins: i honestly thought it was some kind of event or something
    PM to-Admins: HEAVY IE? HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW HE WASNT HOSTILE WHEN YOU ANOUNCE THAT AN "INTRUDER" WAS IN THE ARES CORE ROOM
    PM to-Admins: ahem caps sorry

Admin PM from-Anclandor: Hey I'm applying a heavy warning here for IE becuase the logs indicate you fired first. Please do not go in guns blazing, even if you arn't sure what's going on.

PM to-Admins: but seriously ARES v3.2 ALERT: INTRUDER DETECTED IN ARES CHAMBER, intruder: a person who intrudes, especially into a building with criminal intent. how am i supposed to know it was the CL

Admin PM from-Anclandor: I realize it was a confusing situation but unless you know there are CLF or UPP or some hostile faction, follow escalation procedure.

PM to-Admins: well, most events dont start with saying "upp ship inbound," they state UNKOWN forces inbound. if it said any other word that wasnt INTRUDER i wouldnt have shot, not to mention THE CL LOOKED LIKE A DAMN SPY, he was wearing body armour and wearing a mask that covered his face
    PM to-Admins: not to mention, i shot to maim, especially once i saw it was the CL and he was shooting at me

Admin PM from-Anclandor: If you want to contest the decision feel free to staff report me. I realize that making first contact is dangrous becuase you don't know if they are hostile or not, but if you are unwilling to take that risk just don't take it.

PM to-Admins: the SL killed them off
    PM to-Admins: alright i will as soon as this round ends cuz thats some serious bullshit

Admin PM from-Anclandor: Good luck... wait... anyway hope you have a good day.

Your ticket has been resolved by an admin. The Adminhelp verb will be returned to you shortly.
    Do you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the admin running the event, ARES was going haywire slowly and it started with the intruder message. Judging by the CLs attire and my announcement I can see why Chrisimmar opened fire. Up to managers and all that but I just wanted to add my two cents that it WAS an event and the intruder alert was believeable.
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stand by my actions.

You walked in and shot at the person, with a lethal weapon. That is lethal escalation, which jumps over other escalation. It was a dangerous situation and it made some sense you were jumpy, but if you don't want to take the risks associated with roleplaying first contact, just wait for someone else on the ship to do so. It is commendable that you only meant to crit, but using lethal firearms is still lethal escalation.

Normally I would have standard or even light warning, but given your history I escalated to a heavy warning.

edit: Hey that's funny my forum banner still says mentor
    edit by forest2001: Not anymore it doesn't.
    Last edited by forest2001; 12-24-2022 at 04:40 PM.

Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heya! I'll be pulling logs for this report. I've divided it up into sections to make it easier to organize.
    Msay logs will be sent to the relevant managers, along with some PMs between staff about the situation. (Since they were basically the same as Msay only in PM format).

If any logs or context are missing please tell me so I can pull them.

Anyways here are the logs.

The CL is contacted regarding the event and moves to the ARES room:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Chrismmar and Puro Ferreira find the CL in the ARES room:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

PMs regarding the situation + the applied note:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IC event which caused things to get out of hand.

The note will be lifted in line with TTS belief in them thinking the threat was genuine.
    No action taken - Judgement Call
    Thanks! and have a CM Day