Date of Incident
    December 24, 2022

Your Character Name?
    Santa

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Dunno

Accused Character Name
    Wallace Haarwood

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    5 PMG GMT, 11 AM CST roughly

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rules 3 (being a dick),4,10,

Description of the incident:
    Note: The following events occurred during an event round.

On the start of the round, I ghosted since I was one of the selected characters for the event and waited my turn.

After a while I get a PM, asking me if I wanted to go CLF or Santa, but the admin said that they kinda needed a Santa to entertain marines while they setup stuff on the ground, which involved some CLF RP, as far as I am aware, so I took the Santa role.

I get spawned as Santa and go over to briefing where there is one hell of a mess. During my first encounter with marines, some have passive RP with me, while others try to spam disarm me, loot me and even an occasional knifing, to which I didn't react much as I'm supposed to be RPing as Santa, and I wasn't just gonna grab my Mateba and start shooting up the place, which would probably lead to a bigger of a mess. Instead, I decided to give presents while trying to RP with marines, while they lined up to receive their gift. While I was here, one marine tried to gun me down, unsuccessfully and I didn't pay that much of attention since I was focusing on RPing, and was quickly healed, so I only lost like half a minute of interaction, so no big deal, even though this was also a clear Lethal Force rule break.

After a while, Wallace comes up to me, while I was delivering presents and guns me down, without saying a single word or following any type of escalation. I die and some doctors try to revive me, but wallace shoots me countless times even after my death, probably to prevent my revival. After that, he throws me into a gibber.

I'm fully aware that this was an event, but even an event, regardless of how well it may turn out to be, has certain rules that must be followed. I wouldn't mind at all, to RP a kidnapping or something like that, which would meet their "We hate christmas" statement, and both parties had a chance to RP a bit more, but the fact that he comes up to me and wordlessly guns me down and the events that occurred after my death where he took part, without giving me a chance to interact with them in the slightest manner, makes me think that he had no interest to RP or whatsoever.

Finally, I want to show my displeasement and I'm really surprised that a Whitelisted CO/Synth/Pred has this kind of behaviour, since he should be fully aware of the limits of RP that he should have in each role, even as a PFC.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    logs should be enough

Do you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the CO in this event round. I asked for Santa to be spawned as a way to distract marines since that was planned as part of the event. I can confirm that what smov says here is correct. After his arrival to briefing (where marines were already getting restless), he started RPing with the marines and unfortunately several people attempted to murder or otherwise disrupt him. Smov mostly tried to ignore these and he stayed passive the entire time so there could be no misunderstandings. Apart from shoving a few people in an attempt to break free from them he took no action that could be considered hostile by the marines. I attempted to get the situation under control by means of announcements and the briefing flash but eventually was forced to resort to BEing several people who openly opened fire on Smov as Santa.

After the situation somewhat calmed and marines were lining up to receive presents i was called away to the brig where a riot was breaking out. Approximately 5-10 minutes after leaving i was informed Santa was murdered by Wallace.

I just want to emphasize that despite having the option Smov did not resort to using the santas mateba nor any other violence. There was no provocation or reason, IC or OOC wise for any of these attacks
    Last edited by Wulferion; 12-24-2022 at 06:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So not sure how worth is this but i was the radio operator for Charlie, i know that at start CO/Wulferion did told us we would have a special guest - Santa/Smov, when Santa came there were people that either wanted to kill or beat Santa for no reason, a good amount being from delta squad. A fight broke out if i remember right and charlie was told to guard CIC and santa as SL spoke with either the CO or XO for the role of CIC guards so i made sure to get out of the now flashed briefing room. After that we had some reports of some green mosnter or such attacking people close by lower area's maints so decide to check out but other then injured people nothing else (I believe it was also a pred round and preds did came to give us the 'gift' of a beating but might be wrong). Anyway after some stuff at Brig and basically CLF attack squad then a CLF highjack on Normandy, we were given the order to hold brief during which i seen Santa or at least some marine in Santa costume (Not sure if it was Smov) the one or another one trying to go somewhere before someone shoot him down, after that it came down to the dead or dying Santa which i tried to move away by lying that i was gonna blow him up (Didn't had other ideas as a radio operator to say really) but someone grab the body and left. I then heard some delta about finishing off Santa while we were basically being attacked. During the round i did observe some level of dislike for Santa without a general reason but also some general chaos as the MPs did arrest someone that made Bravo C4 into the brig itself.

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello there!

I have reviewed the logs and found that the event being run in no way suggested open antagonism like that was intended or welcome, as such the following rules were broken:

The player being reported has decided to self antagonize, acting as an openly hostile character without permission.

The character was behaving unstable and violent, a clear violation of our sanity standards.

The character Improperly Escalated into lethal fire on the event character.

And finally this seems to have all been done to grief the event, which is also unacceptable behavior.

Taking recent notes and the pure extent of the rules being broken here, this report is accepted and a week ban is issued.