User Tag List

Thread: carlarc - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

carlarc - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    carlarc
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Edwin 'Edwin' Thomas
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    carlarc#1170
    Type of Ban?
    Discord Ban
    What is your Bancode?
    ???
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    -
    Total Ban Duration
    1 day
    Remaining Duration
    1 day
    What other servers do you play on?
    none?
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    nope
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    No
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    bruh why isnt there a separate sticky ban form
    Reason for Ban
    'Toxicity'
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc). If you were in the wrong, explain what you did that was wrong, and describe how you have or will improve your behavior.
    Earlier today, there was an event ran by Ito, a manager. Apparently, the event was a mess - I wasn't around for it, but after the event ended, #last-round-chat predictably exploded.

Some of the key points were these - Harvest Singe and later Eric 'Snake' Silva were talking about how they, in lobby, adminhelped for an event role, with the former rescinding that adminhelp later into the round. Then they were both suddenly inserted into event characters, 40 minutes into the round, with Ito refusing to place them back because they were 'busy'. I viewed this as a blatant injustice, and as seen in the screenshot, urged them to make a staff report - I did this because I personally saw an injustice and felt it should be handled. When I said it'd be 'funny', I was clearly not telling them to make a shitpost report, something which I have never done or endorsed before, I was simply commenting on the situation and elaborating on my previous comment, 'i want to see how it goes'.

(https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...312&height=675)

I did never, at any point, directly insult or harass Ito as the ban reason states, and frankly it is absurd to recieve a ban for doing effectively nothing but criticizing an event after it was ran, especially when the admin responsible directly admitted the event had gone quite poorly.

All this ban has done is simply further cement the community's opinion that staff are untouchable and unable to be criticized, when one of the given and stated reasons is me urging someone else to report something that I had clearly before talked about viewing as an injustice.
    Do you understand that making low-effort appeals (short/does not address the issue/shitposts) may lead to immediate denial and/or other types of consequences?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello. I am not the discord manager so I’m not handling this.

But I’m just here to inform you that since tomorrow is the 25th (Christmas Day) and this is a day ban. I’m 90% sure this appeal won’t be handled before it expires.
    Viktor 'Iron' Mallard's service record:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually I made an error here. I’m going to go ahead and deny this appeal as:

“Timed bans for 24 hours or less cannot be appealed” you’ve got to sit this one out.
    Viktor 'Iron' Mallard's service record: