Date of Incident
    December 24, 2022
    Your Character Name?
    Harvest Singe
    Their BYOND Key
    ito726
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    Round began at 10:51am EST; Dec 24 2022
    Which of the following are you reporting?
    2. Behavior involving Misconduct
    Description of the incident
    The incident occurred across the span of the round.

Prior to roundstart, ito had delayed the round for what I’d presumed was preparations for their upcoming event. Through OOC he asked players to ahelp for spots as event characters. Ito stated that they would reply to ahelps with a “yes” had we been given the event role. I had ahelped gibberish as I was interested. I waited for a short while and did not receive a reply, so I readied up to spawn in as a shipside role instead. A few seconds prior to roundstart, ito did eventually respond to my ahelp, however I had just spawned in as the Liaison. Interested in RPing as the Liaison in the event, I replied stating they could give my role to someone else who requested. I hadn’t received any further response after this, so I presumed everything was sorted.

Events transpired shipside that made me invested in the role. Around 40 minutes into the operation, ito had pulled me from my character and inserted me into one of the event roles (later in dchat I had learned he did this to other players as well), in the middle of and interrupting RP between myself and other players in my office. Annoyed, I had OOCed to be returned to my body, then ahelped to do the same. I cannot remember the exact reply ito gave to me word-for-word, but it was something along the lines of “You could either continue playing as the CLF event role or ghost, I do not have time to deal with your request.” Bear in mind, the shipside players at this point have yet to come into contact with CLF; everything by this point still seemed to be preparatory for the CLF-based “MRP” event. I’d also like to note my CL character was left in my office rather than what I’d assume to be the bare minimum after doing something of this nature and cryoing/deleting it.

I’ve been told both by former and current members of staff that the ability to move a player from character to character is very simple and only takes a few seconds. I understand that ito was operating the event solo, so there was already a considerable amount of focus needed for them to make sure their MRP event runs smoothly, but to reiterate:

Returning me to my body is quick, and the event was still in preparation.

I’m robbed from an event round I was actually enjoying and was actively participating in because ito deemed it too time consuming to repeat some admin command they had used not a minute prior. I’d have expected better treatment regarding such from someone who has spent so long in staff, oversees mentors, and trains staff.

I should also add, since this is somewhat within the scope of the incident, that ito felt my desire to play as the Liaison instead of playing one of their event characters was me “getting clever"” which was (for a lack of better words) weird. I never acted with malicious intent against the event or its progression when I decided to not play an event role.
    Evidence
    https://gyazo.com/1f75fd8135d57d0ab85aebc8510a9052

Above link is just proof of the aforementioned discord message. Rest should be evident in logs.
    Do you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in VC with Ito this whole event as well as in-game playing the CO. There was a lot going on and Ito was (to my knowledge) the only staff member handling the event and pretty overwhelmed by all that was going on. There were some technical difficulties with the CLF preparation that required Ito to pay attention to those, there was Santa shenanigans in the briefing room and there was a riot going on in the brig. All happening at the same time, so suffice to say Ito had a lot on his plate at that time. There were several delays in the event "schedule" so to speak so Ito was trying to work as fast as possible.

What i want to say is, i don't think there was any malice nor incompetence from Ito. You were taken from your character because Ito had you on a list of people that asked for event role. And you were not put back simply because fixing that wasn't that high on an overwhelming list of stuff to deal with. While it probably sucks, you have to understand that you were a single person with a niche request while literally, everyone else waited for the event to progress. I have no doubt that if there were more staff involved in the event or the event went smoother you would be put back without issue.

While my opinion ultimately doesn't matter, from my point of view as someone who's been involved in the event i do not think there was any misconduct to speak of.

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't notice their request to be put back, they weren't the only one with one, so im guessing i just missed his for someone else's. So when i made the clever comment, in my perspective, it appeared if they just chose to play an important role in the round they signed up to play an event role too. It appears i was wrong on that bit, so for that i apologize. They assumed the lack of reply meant everything was handled accordingly in this case, but in reality it meant the opposite.

I informed everyone in narrate that once they get a yes, they are part of the event and to ghost. After i said yes to his ahelp your name went on a list of names on a paper for ckeys to give roles to, which took a bit longer than id have liked but we cant prespawn chars anymore before round starts due to a change that was deemed necessary for a reason i never understood. This meant that once round started i was very busy with everything and i had to prioritize what got done and what didn't, or was left for later, and what needed correcting that impacted the whole round vs just 1 person. While in normal circumstances id have had the time to make more/better corrections such as returning them to their original body, in this instance i did not. For the other people that changed their mind about playing a role and and i noticed, i tended to have put them on a queue to handle later, tho in harvests case, it was late enough that i did not expect to ever have the time to get around to it and didn't sugar coat that id not have time. They were free to continue with the original event role, or ghost and/or wait for some other event role however. There were about 40 tickets that round too, excluding stuff from the VC.

While just ckeying a name into a mob is simple, figuring out if this is their mob and what it is called and where it is in the world does take some time, and then its typically the case a few more fixes are needed too to have everything back on track, as they may have been shot or killed or robbed and stuffed in a locker or whatever, ship-side was not the most peaceful place at that point, and i judged i wont have the time to figure and execute all that out. Equally, if the cl body got cryoed or not, at that point it was not a priority, so i didn't take the time to handle that either.

Yeah, overall things could have gone more smoothly, initially i expected there to have been 1-2 more staff at that point (besides me and segrain), but things didn't work out that way. Most of the parts in the event did work out, but there were a few notable ones that did not go according to plan and where even the adjustments made were not perfect, this being one of them. I apologize for missing your request to be removed earlier.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ito726 View Post
    I didn't notice their request to be put back, they weren't the only one with one, so im guessing i just missed his for someone else's. So when i made the clever comment, in my perspective, it appeared if they just chose to play an important role in the round they signed up to play an event role too. It appears i was wrong on that bit, so for that i apologize. They assumed the lack of reply meant everything was handled accordingly in this case, but in reality it meant the opposite.
    Hello,

I'm not quite sure you remember the order of events that occurred during the event round. Considering Wulferion's response (and thank you for your input, Wulf) I'm sure you had a lot on your plate at the time since you were solo-running an event. Just to restate for clarification, I had both OOCed and ahelped my request to be returned to my original character. You very clearly RESPONDED to the ahelp, so I'm not sure at what point you felt the issue was never brought to your notice since, again, you responded to the ahelp where I asked to be returned to my character, then added 4 more ahelp replies after you dismissed my request due to your focus elsewhere. In any case, I'll accept the apology regarding your comments on discord since it seems you were mistaken, for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ito726 View Post
    I informed everyone in narrate that once they get a yes, they are part of the event and to ghost. After i said yes to his ahelp your name went on a list of names on a paper for ckeys to give roles to, which took a bit longer than id have liked but we cant prespawn chars anymore before round starts due to a change that was deemed necessary for a reason i never understood. This meant that once round started i was very busy with everything and i had to prioritize what got done and what didn't, or was left for later, and what needed correcting that impacted the whole round vs just 1 person. While in normal circumstances id have had the time to make more/better corrections such as returning them to their original body, in this instance i did not. For the other people that changed their mind about playing a role and and i noticed, i tended to have put them on a queue to handle later, tho in harvests case, it was late enough that i did not expect to ever have the time to get around to it and didn't sugar coat that id not have time. They were free to continue with the original event role, or ghost and/or wait for some other event role however. There were about 40 tickets that round too, excluding stuff from the VC.

While just ckeying a name into a mob is simple, figuring out if this is their mob and what it is called and where it is in the world does take some time, and then its typically the case a few more fixes are needed too to have everything back on track, as they may have been shot or killed or robbed and stuffed in a locker or whatever, ship-side was not the most peaceful place at that point, and i judged i wont have the time to figure and execute all that out. Equally, if the cl body got cryoed or not, at that point it was not a priority, so i didn't take the time to handle that either.
    I'm fully understanding and accepting the points and recollections you make here up until your description of the incident. I understand that you were busy; I am not denying these claims. But my request was made as soon as you had switched the character I was in control of. I didn't wait an absurd amount of time to notify you of my request; I instantly began to send messages through LOOC and ahelped it to make sure the issue was dealt with immediately rather than later down the line when doing so would be much more problematic. Additionally, I appreciate you not sugar coating your response to my ahelp, thank you, but aren't you now admitting to having had knowledge of my request, when not a paragraph ago you denied knowledge?

With reference to my previous points, you as well agree to the transfer of a player into a character as being easy. All the other parts involved sound just as simple, and if for whatever reason they weren't I had already given you info that I was the Corporate Liaison and I believe during my ahelp I had replied that I had marines in my office, meaning I was in my office as well. If that last point wasn't the case and I'm mistaken, I'd have been ready to just give you all that information had you asked for it, but you decided to give one response to my ahelp and call it there.

You took the precious time to find and respond to my ahelp despite being "busy" with the event, so once again I'm confused as to how you were unable to find time to deal with my request to begin with, since it is already very "simple," as you put it, to perform the SAME EXACT COMMAND you just did not moments ago.

Forgive me if I may be misconstruing your points, and feel free to correct me as you see fit, but to me it really feels like you're trying to find reasons to justify not appropriately addressing the problem that was at hand at the time because you were busy or because the fix to the problem was lengthy when you bring up points I've already addressed and additionally contradict your own feelings and points regarding such. I'm sure you can imagine how that'd make me feel since it ruined my enjoyment of the round I was part of.

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your request to not participate after the initial 'yes', around the start of the round, is the one i missed, not your request to be put back when you got ckeyd later. The later request i was aware of, at least at some point, the former one i was not, if i was, i would have just removed your name from 'to spawn in as clf soliders' list, as i did for the other people who changed their minds that i was aware of. The looc even tho it probably was on my screen, i dont think i really saw it as i wasn't in a tab with looc enabled for most of the event, didn't really have the time to keep up on looc.

As for fixing, if nothing else was going on, and i had all the info at hand and on screen/at hand, sure it would be close enough to the 'same command'. But that wasn't the case, as firstly i wasn't near your CL body, i was near the CLF bodies, i didn't have all the info, i was no where near ship-side nor had any clue where your body was or what it was called, i only had your ckey and your new location/body easily available. Sure i could dig those things up, or get them partially form you, and then fix anything else that may happen in the mean time, such as figuring out if anyone stole something from your body, or re-spawning it if it got cryoed in the meantime etc. But this isn't a simple command anymore, this is an investigation, one that often has followups before things are 'corrected' or restored properly. It wouldn't be particularly useful if i ckey you into a corpse because someone thought it would be funny to shoot the now brain-dead cl mob, or if someone took important stuff from you, etc. After all, in this round, brig had a riot, and marines lynched Santa yet again, because ... honestly, i don't even know why they did it this time, and i guess ill find out in that (player) report whenever it gets handled.

Instead i went with a simpler, shorter and safer option, one that i believed i had the time, and the means, to have sorted out on the spot. one that would let me continue with keeping on top of everything else that needed adjusting/fixing in that round so far, especially, stuff that affects the whole event, and not just 1 guy. I provided you with what i considered a viable alternative to continue some from of participation in the round if you wanted to, or not, depending on which you preferred. Was this alternative better from your pov than being put back in your original body, probably not, and yeah, i get why this would frustrate you. OTH, if a mod deleted you in by accident in buildmode in a normal round, you'd normally be offered a similar choice, that of being re-lobbied or given a different character, and sometimes even less if it is late enough in the round. This also happens often enough if you are got greifed and killed too, sometimes, you are not ahelead.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having reviewed logs and the messages posted here there are two major issues I can see.

1. Ito726 removed you from your body, in error due to doing too much at once, and then refused to return you to your body and said you either play the new role or leave.
    This is not an appropriate response while your original body still existed, and you should have been returned.

2. Ito726 ran a major event alone and with almost no support meaning subsequent ahelps and issues went unresolved.
    While this is not against guidelines at present, they will be updated to ensure that major events are not run when staff are unable to efficiently run them without major disruptions to other staffing requirements.

Ito726 will be spoken with in regards to running events while ensuring there is sufficient supporting staff so that things like this do not happen again. Furthermore due to refusing to correct their mistake while it was within their power to do so, Ito726's event powers will be restricted for the duration of January 2023.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001