Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forb - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Jhotato
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Joseph 'Mk' Stainforth/ JPN
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    Barf #6006
    Type of Ban?
    Discord Ban
    What is your Bancode?
    N/A
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    discord
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    -
    Total Ban Duration
    i guess its permanent im still not able to join
    Remaining Duration
    N/A
    What other servers do you play on?
    civ 13, aurora station, goonstation
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    no
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    No
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    no
    Reason for Ban
    a more than a year ago i posted a meme in the discord where a cat was screaming, the video name was "cat with its balls stuck in a fence mixtape" i said the song was fire with a bunch of emojis, im not really sure on any more details than that because it just says there was an error trying to log back on to the discord so i cant exacly check, but even when it happened i was confused as i was told nothing and was just kicked out and unable to log back in
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc). If you were in the wrong, explain what you did that was wrong, and describe how you have or will improve your behavior.
    this was clearly a joke as the sound clip keeps repeating and ive found the original and the cat was in no danger, i thought my calling of a loop featuring a cat screaming a "song" and "fire" made it clear that i didnt mean it, i didnt even listen to the whole thing myself, the joke was the title and like hearing the clip once, it was such a low effort shitpost i dont know in what light you would think im some sort of animal abuser, i mean what did they think? i torture animals and then post audio clips of it on niche videogame discords like some sort of cartoonish batman villain? what would i even have to gain from doing that? what a pointless meaningless act of violence. its not like i have proof of it and this is just a forum so its easy to lie but i have always had a close bond with most animals i meet, im capable of reading their body language and am very tender with them, i see no use to abusing an adorable creature that wants to be my friend, it is usually my instinct to protect them from harm. this bond goes both ways as i dont try too hard to befriend them or gain their attention by force, they can just sense im good vibes. i didnt think i needed to say this, but i guess its required since no one knows who i am outside of the game in real life. but to make it clear im NOT a psychopath who abuses animals, while my pride wont allow me to reject my own sense of humor (even if its been like 2 years so its not that funny anymore) i will admit it does seem strange for anyone who does not know me, i often appreciate jokes that go in directions i dont expect, or to have ridiculous circumstances, and i cannot for the life of me see a situation in which a cats BALLS!!! WOULD BE STUCK ON A FENCE! how would that even happen? what cat would even allow someone to grab them long enough to make that happen? and even if it did who would be the heartless bastard who would put it on youtube on repeat for minutes on end and call it a mixtape? its not like i sent a link to liveleak, it was a youtube video with nothing but audio on loop! it is ridiculous circumstance on top of ridiculous circumstance and i thought it was clear that maybe even if it was not appropiate for the server tone, (which to that i will relent) animal abuse is something i did not stand by! i would have been happy to explain that but i was told nothing before my removal, i made an appeal a year ago after the event but it was rejected. my discording days are frankly behind me, i have no interest in sharing jokes i find funny or even particularly frequent discord usage, i was happy to just stay banned and leave our differences between us behind since it does not affect the game in any way, but i want to start getting whitelists and i cant do it without making contact with other players and i need discord access to do that, this is like the only ban ive ever gotten on anything, check my records, ive played for years and the worst thing i have is a retaliation on FF that i neither started nor escalated. i defend myself because my respect and leniancy has limits and i wont put my tail between my legs and beg for mercy when i dont believe i did something warranting this action, dont bring the hammer down on me just because i want to hold on to my self respect while begging for an unban. i am man enough to admit when im wrong if i feel that i have wronged someone, that is the double edged blade of pride and honor, trust me if it had truly been some horrible shit i would not have posted it or even watched it i dont have the stomach for brutality and gore, i cant even watch horror movies! not even the baby ones! I have the receipts and can prove that there wasnt any animal harm involved even in the worst case scenario, it was just an innapropiate joke, i just want to make my cool hunter man a canon whitelist, this is the only reason i even want to be in the discord again, you're free to take away my ability to send messages in shitposting or most message boards if thats what it takes
    Do you understand that making low-effort appeals (short/does not address the issue/shitposts) may lead to immediate denial and/or other types of consequences?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your appeal has been assigned for the discord team to review
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    idk how much it helps but i make it a point to not even hurt any daddy long legs or any other harmless spider i meet, spider gang 4 lif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! I've come back with thoughts from the team:

While your appeal certainly does address that you've grown since the incident, you have yet to take responsibility for the incident: only speaking around it and justifying you are a different person. While we certainly do like to see that you've grown since then, we cannot trust at this time that you would accept responsibility if another similiar, or worse, situation happens. Until we are sure, the team thinks you need more time. I suggest taking a look at other appeals and seeing what's what with our expectations if this explanation wasn't enough

At this time, appeal is denied
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler: