Date of Incident
    December 28, 2022
    Your Character Name?
    Eugienia 'nordica' Northey
    Their BYOND Key
    Morrow
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    9:30pm
    Which of the following are you reporting?
    2. Behavior involving Misconduct
    Description of the incident
    I saw a CO white list applicant (this post): //showthrea...er-Application

And I wanted to see their knowledge about CO matters, and most importantly to me, as an SL player, how they factor in things happening in round from things which can only be made via quick decisions. Such as SLs using their better judgement instead of CIC, squads going out on themselves and their reaction as a WL'd CO when things like that occur. I searched them up on discord and the majority of the talk about them was either: 1; they spend a lot of time on xo. Entire days straight, with little non CIC (to my knowledge) gameplay, and 2; It seems they misfire OBs a lot and kill marines with it. So I shot my shot and gave some questions.

Here are the questions:

1: A jtac spotter lazes in an OB saying it will kill a lot of t3s and maybe even queen. You assume this due to queen being where most of the t3s are. You aim and press fire but the coords are being blocked. Turned out the coord is directly ontop of a new hive core. The coords are LAT 240, LONG 210. There is an area north of the hive core which is unprotected. Maybe 12 tiles. There are marines south, but half a dozen will be severely hurt from OB. The hive core just got destroyed. What do?

2: Alpha squad has no SL. It has 12 ungas in it. You assign an aSL. Charlie Squad has 8, but an SL who seems sane. Charlie SL asks for a command headset to lead alpha squad and perhaps others. What do? Do you alter orders to keep those two squads together or do you deny? Why?

3: A xeno boards the transport. There is not a single person on the transport. You saw it just as the transport's auto run launches it from FOB. What do?

4: Its xeno hijack and the queen just crashed into the almayer. You, by chance, appear to be about 1 screen away. You have all your CO gear on you. What do?
    5: It's LV. You're slowly losing. You have a nice HE OB prepped and have been asking for coords for a while but no one gives it. The fighting is at containers/cave entrance in the north east. The marines just got pushed out of the caves and it's going to be a full retreat to hydro very soon. There aren't that many xenos left, but they're robust, queen is out and their carrier is frontline capping and putting marines in nests near the cave entrance. Those numbers will swing the balance heavily in xeno's favour. Hydro is properly caded, has no ammo and even fob has limited ammo. Hydro road isn't caded either. Nexus just barely is.

6: Its big red, charlie squad has no SL but spec, sg and enough support to make it still functional. The orders you made are generic bravo fob and comms and all other squads to lambda. Alpha and delta go to lambda pods just fine, but charlie ignores it and goes through filt podlocks, c4ing in and flanking east lambda lab. It seems the hive is in NW lambda, or the actual lambda lab building itself. What do you do?

I chose these questions carefully to properly go with the person's allegedly poor OB usage, as well as general reactions and leadership style when in command of an operation as CO. I believe there are multiple answers which are perfectly valid in every singular question. No matter the answer, it will give good, clear feedback from the applicant on their leadership style and skill as a future CO for myself, as well as other readers of the application. For example, question 3 is probably to lock down the hanger, and remind people to arm the fuck up so they don't get decap'd by a rouny. These questions are further important because the applicant, when I looked at their messages, said they didn't like it when people disagreed with them in command, when they were playing XO and being told no by the enlisted groundside marines. I wanted to gauge the person's reactions and answers to these. As if they were the type of person to rationally answer them, it would've been good to know, which we would've found out from the answers given.

I posted the questions, and checked in a couple of hours. They seemingly had disappeared from the forum post. Kinda weird. I had no forum infractions, no messages of deletion or rule breaks. So I went into discord's staff help and asked. The screenshots are in evidence. But what I essentially got from Morrow and Silencer was that my feedback did not fucking matter. Because I am not CO. As well as it not being constructive or actually important. I firmly believe I see a very good and capable CO when I see one. I have some of the highest SL hours on the entire server, period. So I have learnt a lot of what I personally enjoy from COs I play with. As well as what *other* people enjoy good COs to also possess abilities of.

Which is mainly why I made the post in the first place. So many CO's have an easy way to read this person's leadership style, tactics and roleplay. All the questions' answers fit into at least two of those three categories. It was constructive, and asked for interaction from the applicant. It asked for feedback and interaction from the applicant, and I would've given my opinion as well on it, so extra interaction. As well as white listed CO's. So extra extra feedbacky.

So if its all constructive. Is it because it got removed due to me not being CO? I guess so. But people give feedback all the time in white lists where they aren't actively on the white list. I don't even need to pull examples here. Look at the majority of applications ever made on this forum. Not every person is actually white listed when giving feedback. Why haven't their posts been removed? People ask questions all the time, white listed or not. They give 1+ or 1- all the time, regardless if they hold the specific white list.

From the evidence supplied, I think Morrow is stepping their bounds. I completely understand removing posts from people who just shit post on WLs or say "shit player -1". But I followed all the rules, except for im not a CO. But as previously stated, I think my post still was valid despite me not being an actual CO. I play *command*. I play SL. They are very intertwined in knowledge and I sincerely believe I was helping the whitelist when asking those questions. Morrow said they simply do not care about SL mains giving opinions. And told me to report if I wanted to continue this, so uhhh yeah. I hope the COs in the white list and council take a look at this. Regardless if its thrown out or whatever. Thanks for your time gamer.
    EvidenceDo you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post restored per the wishes of the CO Senator.
    In this case, while Morrow brought up that they believed your post to be in breach of the whitelist rules, it was not Morrow who took any action against you and therefore reporting them is not valid.

Beyond that, having read the post myself my feedback is thus. Your questions are thought out and considerate. Your opening statement was offensive and rude. Furthermore, you did not cite any actual interactions between yourself and the applicant which is a forestated requirement.

After all that however, it is my belief, and that of the CO Senator, that your post merits staying where it was and it is restored.
    Edit: I will also note, that the actions of Morrow raising this as an issue is not related to being staff whatsoever.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001