0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VossAldrich - Commanding Officer Application

Commanding Officer Whitelist Application
    Personal Information

Byond ID?
    VossAldrich

What is your discord username and handle?
    RedneckRoman#4709

What is your timezone in UTC?
    CST

Player Name You Use Most?
    Voss Aldrich

Make a list of links to all of your ban appeals as well as whitelist and staff applications (both accepted and denied) submitted within the past year. For appeals, provide an additional ban reason and the appeal’s verdict next to the link.
    Have you been banned in the last 3 months?
    No

Experience

How familiar are you with command positions?
    I am very familiar with command roles as I've had the CO whitelist before. My main is SL though my playtime does not reflect this as I believe playtimes weren't a thing when I was first playing. I am unsure as that is ancient history.

Approximately how many hours do you have as Executive Officer (XO) at the time of writing this application?
    As of right now it is timelocked due to my roles being reset and playtimes as well. I have been on a long hiatus and have been back for about three weeks now. Back in the day I cannot say how many hours I had in XO but I know it was enough I was recognized and lead several rounds as XO when no CO was on.

Approximately how many hours do you have as Squad Leader at the time of writing this application?
    As of this moment 5.7 but I am sure it was much more than this as it was my main role back in the day.

Basic Questions & Story

Why did your character decide to become the CO of a ship?
    Voss was promoted to CO after his actions and tenure aboard the John Paul under his previous CO Mitch Dehler. Leading and commanding a ship has been Voss' biggest dream since he was a child watching the old recruitment videos (though he never admitted it to his parents).

How did your character attain the position of CO?
    Voss attained the position of CO from the recommendation of his previous CO. Due to his actions in battle and his dossier of being a competent leader.

Provide a short story of your Commanding Officer.
    Name: Voss 'V' Aldrich
    Dossier: Born in Germany in 2151 Voss was noted for being exceptionally smart in all fields even graduating two years ahead of schedule. However too poor to afford entrance to an ivy league school Voss enrolled in the UAAC officer school and excelled there graduating top of his class in westpoint with distinguished notes in leadership and strategy. Assigned to USS John paul. As lieutenant Voss showed exceptional ability to care and stand up for his marines in times of dire need and showed bravery when he deployed in order to better lead the squad when the SL was injured and incapable to finish the operation. After two years upon the USS John Paul he was promoted to Executive officer after the previous XO was transferred to another ship. As XO Voss once again showed dedication to not just his duty but the marines under his charge often going out of his way to offer and provide the commanding officer with different strategies to decrease marine casualties. Upon a field deployment to personally check the viability of a forward emplacement Voss at great risk to his own life took up arms to help rally the rear echelon of troops against a CLF ambush losing his left eye in the process due to severe burns on the left side of his face from an incendiary grenade. Due to exceptional valor and dedication to not only the corps and his duties but to the marines he leads I formally tender his promotion to Commanding officer and to be given his own charge. It is my formal belief that Voss will rise above and beyond the call of duty to accomplish the misson and uphold the strongest core beliefs of the corps.

Formally,

Commanding officer of the Jonh paul,

Mitch Dehler

Scenarios

When do you believe it’s appropriate to pardon a prisoner? Give an example.
    Pardoning a prisoner is a very intricate thing. It depends on the actions of an MP/CMP. If the CMP and MP have brigged a marine say for sedition when they were simply just trying to goof off then it depends. There is a lot of gray area between marine law that can be used against or for marines. But in my general stand point if a pardon will further roleplay/fluidity of a round then I believe it is in the best interest it give it to them unless they are generally being a shitter. The biggest job of an MP/CMP is to handle shitters with IC actions rather than relying on ahelping. Thus Mp's and CMP's positions are actually very important to the fluidity of each round.

When do you believe it’s appropriate to use a Battlefield Execution? Give an example.
    BE should be a last resort used only for those who threaten the safety of the commander and their comrades. Otherwise appropriate brig time should be dealt with. Repeat offenders will be more likely to be placed under BE of course. I view BE as a last resort, not a show of ultimate power.

This is from my previous application and I believe it still applies.

Confirmations

Have you read the Code of Conduct?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand you cannot advertise or promote this application on any platform, including Discord?
    Yes

Do you also understand that you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Do you understand that you represent the CO whitelist and that while playing CO as any character, you must adhere to the CO Code of Conduct, Server Rules, and Roleplay Standards?
    Yes

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Due to lacking the timelock requirements listed in Applying for the CO Whitelist -- namely, lacking the critical 30-hour XO threshold required for ALL apps, including those for COs -- this application is, unfortunately, grounds for a denial by default.

Unlock the role and play more XO (and play more in general) in the meantime, as very few people have actually seen you play recently and have no recent basis to judge your performance. Old COs don't get a free pass for the application, unfortunately, those are the rules.

You may reapply on January 30, 2023.
    Last edited by naut; 01-01-2023 at 05:31 AM.
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump