User Tag List

Thread: Code. - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Code. - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Code_Anti-Thot
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Joseph 'Intel' Prat
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    Code.#1945
    Type of Ban?
    Discord Ban
    What is your Bancode?
    N/A
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    n/a
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Unkown
    Total Ban Duration
    Infinity
    Remaining Duration
    Infinity
    What other servers do you play on?
    None
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    None
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    No
    Reason for Ban
    You were warned in SS13: Colonial Marines Official for: You just received received a warning earlier for rule 1, then you decide to post something calling a design commonly shared among our community for pedophiles. Perma ban applied. Appeal on the forums in 30 days.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    N/A
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc). If you were in the wrong, explain what you did that was wrong, and describe how you have or will improve your behavior.
    - The ban itself, explanation of actions -

I've been quite busy so I couldn't appeal this quicker. I believe the original ban had a good reason for existing, and I'm not here to word salad my story into me being some hero or martyr; as such, the topic I was banned on typically falls within CM. The original ban was for the insinuation that a design commonly spread among the cm community was for Pedophiles. This "design" refers to the "Rouny Meme." I understand the ban, as it could be seen as me insinuating that Joey Capone (Known as Uncle Fruit on Discord.) was a pedophile. I know Joey (Or fruit) very well, and I've been working with him on a Lisa the Painful Fangame, as a matter of fact. Knowing Joey this well, He's told me about the original design of the "Rouny," being akin to be more designed as a "Puppy" or "Child" character, to be a silly little design akin to funny dogs or cats on the internet. I never wished to insinuate that somebody merely used this image, nor Joey HIMSELF, ever to be a pedophile. It still makes me uncomfortable to see this beloved little image of a silly meme, "rouny" blushing in a maid outfit, and that's all I wanted to express.

However, to explain this escalation, we must go back to 1 action.
    You were warned in SS13: Colonial Marines Official for:
    "This will be your only warning. Don't go around telling people to "suck dick" or calling them retards. Leniency will not be on your side if this is seen again. -Katie"

To explain such a harsh message to what could make me seem like a violently toxic figure, I must also explain this.
    The new mod-directives chat was released to the public, and I was making light of it by posting a "1984 Gif" and saying "NEW DIRECTIVE." and then saying something silly or stupid after, a very light humor of sorts that I suppose may have gone too far, or perhaps was misplaced with the current player-staff tensions.

Understanding and Reflection

Others have always described me as energetic and lively, making jokes and such. As per my initial warning, I suppose it may have gone too far. However, on the permanent ban, I can see where I've gone wrong, as the improper wording, especially when mentioning pedophilia in the CM community, could lead to another event between player and staff, which would most likely further increase the disconnect and factionalism found in CM. I understand how it is to be fast acting on these things with bans and such. I love the CM community, and I think now more than ever, a lot of old players (such as myself) realize it still is a collection of fun people, and I think I see now that I risked disturbing that collection of fun people off a misworded judgment.
    Do you understand that making low-effort appeals (short/does not address the issue/shitposts) may lead to immediate denial and/or other types of consequences?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assigned to the discord team for review!
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appeal is accepted
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter