Felix [ "Cash" Taylor] #8878

Marine Name
    Felix 'Cash' Taylor, Izach 'Ancient' Zachmerius

Other Whitelist Applications
    Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    River

What is your Synthetic's Personality?
    River is a spiritualist, vegan, one with the universe, hippy. River is "new age".

River loves nature; River talks about natural remedies to medics that ask for custom meds; River loves to "go with the flow" when asked what they are doing; River advocates nonviolence and getting along when people are arrested; River advocates a "celebration of being" at the memorial after the marines have been wiped.

Basically River is any dude (or dudette) from California with long hair who talks about "breathing techniques" and hosts Yoga classes.

I want to emphasis though that I am not a full "hippy" because I will have 0 drug use or advocacy of drugs. River is more likely to recommend sunlight and "deep breathing". Nothing weed related. Falling back on drugs would be boring.

River will definitely talk about Marines being vaporized in bad OBs as "being one with the sun and nature and that is beautiful".

River might get BE'ed for saying "far out" too much.

(this is unchanged from the last app, i still like the idea alot. The only change being I may have River be female).

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    My answer remains the same as last time.
    There is nothing quite like it and the events are top tier.

As for the rest. You have seen my story before. I made mistakes as synth and I played sloppy. My mistake was playing nothing BUT synth when I should have taken a break and been a marine at times. I will be playing synth more seriously and I wont be making that mistake again.

The issue seems to lie not in my story or application but behavior and I have spent the last 3 months playing seriously. I have not gotten a single note, or even been bwoinked once. (That makes my last note roughly 8 months ago.)

I played an entirely new character CMO Izach "Ancient" Zachmerus where I specialized in teaching and being completely boring and old. (As well as Felix). I toned down my silliness significantly as others have suggested.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
    The knights of the round table event with other synths.

A certain "human meat" event.

When I won a poetry contest as synth so they expanded the closet into a bedroom.. but it was in space tiles so marines visiting me froze to death.

Synthetic Character Story
    River tries to help a marine see the wonders of Tofu.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

There were no comments on my story but I rewrote some parts of it.

Note: I have been playing with the idea of making River a female. I have not quite decided yet though. So feel free to read the story from either gender. I attempted to write it either way.

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    Very. I have 174 hours as synth from the time it was tracked and many more hours before that. I used to hardwire the old SMES together.

Spent a few rounds as MT to polish up and plan on doing so even more. I may be the ONLY MT in existence that works to fix things, including the brig.

How familiar are you with Command?
    Good, I was put on overwatch a lot as synth. I prefer SO to anything else but I play alot of warden and some SEA. I have played more SO as of late.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Extremely. I considered myself a "medical" synth when I still was one. After that I have more hours into doctor and medic than anything else.

I primarily play doctor now and teach. Or Medic, where I now have my purple medal.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Very, though I will admit it is not my favorite. I think it's honestly more boring than overwatch.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Combat should be avoided, try not to be anywhere you can get caught.

If it cannot be avoided because you are cornered or you have to defend a marine, it should be to the point of driving the xeno off. So you can flee.

If you are in the line you should prioritize helping marines, like shaking them, and dragging; Let marines take care of the xenos.

Delta alert, prioritize saving marines, but kill xenos.

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Discord Ban Reason
    -

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I hope that my more serious play and reduction of goofy bullshit shines through and shows I took the advice given last time.
    Thank you for taking the time.

Synthetic Council Member QuickLoad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good day and thank you for your application BeardedWall!

To start, your synthetic's personality/quirk is very interesting. It's not exactly subtle, but it's very far out there
    The only thing is making light of marines vaporized by the OB as being one with the sun, may be a bit too far. Tone that part down would be my recommendation, as you don't want to get very involved with anything that can be perceived as 'making fun of marine deaths'.

The rest of your personality is neat, and it's most definitely one of the quirkiest I've seen in a bit. You play it well in your story, which was a pretty good read and quite entertaining. I like that you showed how animated River can be and 'seem', yet they are still a synthetic. I had a bit of doubts at the first person approach, but after reading it through I enjoyed it! Also, what happened to River's manufacturing company?

Your memorable interaction can use elaboration because many people did not participate in such an event - especially if you've seen the direction of CM's commitment to keeping the RP immersion in-tact. You won't be seeing anymore poetry contests which involve synths in space or marines freezing, I hope! Alas, anything you write on this section is just for some fun.

Your experience and combat answers were good, but once more, you could have elaborated more. There's never 'too much' information on an app. Obviously your competency has been seen enough, but it still should be elaborated to the best of your ability, and vouched for by others.

And now you should try to get your name out there (probably as a doctor!), and for people to vouch for your RP competency and role competency!

PS Your efforts to stay away from anything to do with trouble or LRP has definitely been witnessed. Keep doing that, and continue to do that even if you become a Synthetic. Good job and good luck on your application!

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickLoad View Post
    Good day and thank you for your application BeardedWall!

To start, your synthetic's personality/quirk is very interesting. It's not exactly subtle, but it's very far out there
    The only thing is making light of marines vaporized by the OB as being one with the sun, may be a bit too far. Tone that part down would be my recommendation, as you don't want to get very involved with anything that can be perceived as 'making fun of marine deaths'.

The rest of your personality is neat, and it's most definitely one of the quirkiest I've seen in a bit. You play it well in your story, which was a pretty good read and quite entertaining. I like that you showed how animated River can be and 'seem', yet they are still a synthetic. I had a bit of doubts at the first person approach, but after reading it through I enjoyed it! Also, what happened to River's manufacturing company?
    Thanks, I was having a lot of fun with it and I think it will make for a stand out personality.

Heh.. apparently I am weird with my stories.. Felix's app was passed with his story not in his perspective at all. Glad you liked it.

As for the company, sadly, they went out of business. Although they managed to do what they set out to do, and made the perfect spiritual being; none of the scientists in charge really thought about how they would make money. A worried stockholder was heard to ask "Why would anyone ever want to BUY a monk that doesn't believe in earthly possessions or money?" .

Your memorable interaction can use elaboration because many people did not participate in such an event - especially if you've seen the direction of CM's commitment to keeping the RP immersion in-tact. You won't be seeing anymore poetry contests which involve synths in space or marines freezing, I hope! Alas, anything you write on this section is just for some fun.
    The round table event was one where multiple synth players were assigned as "knights of the round table" and named accordingly. We started in the conference room and all deployed to hunt evil, with various sabers, swords, etc. There was many an uber xeno spawned to fight 6+ synths. Good times; we eventually killed morgoth with only slight casualties.

The meat event.. Jaak played a working Joe that kept gibbing a freezer full of dead bodies to make "more supplies". The mps spent the round bothering him. Eventually the xenos boarded the ship, and I drove the apc to safety, crashing through the kitchen to save joe and accidently destroying the gibber. When Joe found out the gibber was gone, he went insane and attacked me in front of all the marines who then shot him to death. Good times.

The poetry event.. one of those random strange ones. One of the COs said he would give a reward for the best poem in briefing. I wrote and shared one. As a reward, "High Command" expanded the synthcloset into a full suite of rooms. Whatever admin did it couldnt figure out how the space tiles worked. So anyone who walked in, immediately started to freeze to death. And my "housewarming party" ended with several deaths. I faxed them continually trying to get advice on fixing the airconditioner.

PS Your efforts to stay away from anything to do with trouble or LRP has definitely been witnessed. Keep doing that, and continue to do that even if you become a Synthetic. Good job and good luck on your application!
    Im glad! And thanks for the post!
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The question I have for you is what measures do you think you might need to keep in order to prevent the personality here from becoming a meme?

The concern I have is that it is a little goofy, it's certainly plausible but it also walks a line where you can see marines might treat it as a step into acting more wild, unhinged or LRP by interpreting it as a "silly synthetic". Is there anything you think you might be able to do which will keep people focused and immersed, or worse frustrated?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katskan View Post
    The question I have for you is what measures do you think you might need to keep in order to prevent the personality here from becoming a meme?

The concern I have is that it is a little goofy, it's certainly plausible but it also walks a line where you can see marines might treat it as a step into acting more wild, unhinged or LRP by interpreting it as a "silly synthetic". Is there anything you think you might be able to do which will keep people focused and immersed, or worse frustrated?
    I think an important part of this is staying away from the whole "drug" part of being a 'hippy' and drawing a firm line against anything to do with it. I think the most common joke when seeing River will be to discuss drugs and by refusing to engage there; I think it will deflect the more lowbrow RP as well as making River less of a stereotype.

Other than that, just a careful selection of topics and people. It would be kind of memey to just break into invitations for yoga constantly unprovoked. But I can see some pre-briefing Yoga stretches happening with CIC approval where even if the marines dont participate.. briefing will only be disrupted until the CO shows up. Eventually.. good stuff like that grows into its own thing (like Charlie Breakfast).

Save some responses about how "Yes I do enjoy hugging trees; but I recognize the trees do not have nerve endings and cannot feel my hug. There is however interesting research to suggest that the capillaries within the wood..."

Kinda a tough question! Let me know if above makes sense or you would like more clarification. Thanks
    Last edited by BeardedWall; 01-12-2023 at 03:06 PM.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The personality is unique and supported by the story. The experience answers are the weak side, but observation in multiple rounds and the player's experience has been confirmed. Personally, while I hope the personality brings out unique interactions and RP opportunities, I worry that it may bring out the worst in players. That being said, I am holding cautiously to the side of hope, and will be accepting the application. Use the experience of the past to guide your actions to a brighter outcome.