User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uniform Vendor Invincible Walls - A Snipped of Seething

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uniform Vendor Invincible Walls - A Snipped of Seething

I like moving quickly as an IO, and being able to die as fast as possible, and so I was looking for a service jacket.
    So the Uniform Vendor now has invincible walls around it.
    Personally, I think that this band-aid solution exemplifies what the game has become.
    For those who do not know, the service jacket is a 0 armor, 0 slowdown vest with 2 inventory slots.

Before, Senior Officers were able to find the uniform vendor in the brig, or you need an MP to let you in.
    This let SOs get a jacket for backline support, with the two extra inventory slots, if they need to, the XO can get the ceremonial sword, and if you are friendly with the MPs you can probably also get something.

Then, they removed the uniform vendor from the brig.
    Now, the only way to get the uniform was for someone to break open the wall next to it, or hope and pray to god that a whitelist member was online and would listen to you to open up the uniform vendors.
    HOWEVER I will say that I liked this.
    Players knew that breaking open the wall was illegal. It draws attention to yourself, and MPs have to respond. Now there is a risk, which is getting caught by the MPs, and a "reward", which is the shittiest armor in the game.
    My entire RP schtick from about a year ago was now significantly harder to access , and I had to specifically go in and code a way for the XO to get a sword instead of a pistol.

Now, for some ungodly reason, they made the walls around the uniform vendors invincible, just to make the Snowflake CO role a little extra snowflakey. They could have instead

1) Made the Jackets a little more accessible. (Maybe in maints to let people explore a little more?)
    Result - Marines HANDICAP THEMSELVES to look good

2) Let the XO open it too
    Result - It is now available a little more often. You do not need a whitelist member to be online.

3) Leave the walls as is.
    Result - It is now an IC issue. MPs get a bit more to do. People understand the risks, there is now a risk, and a reward. Again, these risks and rewards ontop of wearing 0 armor.

god I hate this fucking game. Shit like this happening again and again.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The reward is handicapping yourself"

Yeah that's why it was a whole ass meta on its own (speed is the strongest stat in the game)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it is LRP to deploy without armor, please work on maintaining the roleplay standards while holding the mentor title!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's functionally no different from taking off your armor, aside from the 2 small suit slot items.
    People don't take off their suits that often.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kitsunemitsu View Post
    it's functionally no different from taking off your armor, aside from the 2 small suit slot items.
    People don't take off their suits that often.
    suit slot??? Hello??? Mentor???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Jacket Slots?
    You open up the jacket and have two slots in your suit inventory? Did they remove that?

Yeah you can hold like 10 extra slugs or 2 injectors which is big but you can just make room. 2 small item slots aren't a total gamechanger if speed is worth everything.
    Plus so much shit delimbs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsunemitsu View Post
    The Jacket Slots?
    You open up the jacket and have two slots in your suit inventory? Did they remove that?

Yeah you can hold like 10 extra slugs or 2 injectors which is big but you can just make room. 2 small item slots aren't a total gamechanger if speed is worth everything.
    No, suit slot. You can carry a weapon on the suit slot with a service uniform that you couldn't without armour

Whitelisted Predator SpartanBobby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsunemitsu View Post
    The Jacket Slots?

Mentor btw
    !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just tried to come back after a 10 month break.

IDK, just doesn't really seem like that big of a game changer to have it locked behind a CO pushing a fuckin button.

You can just put your weapon in your back slot without a backpack. It's not that bad. I used to run Flamer & Mark 1 as SL.
    Last edited by Kitsunemitsu; 01-05-2023 at 04:14 AM.

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The service jackets exist as roleplay aids, as in things you wear in the rare roles that would normally wear service, or special events where everyone would wear them. Marines who do it almost always aren't doing it to "look good"(It looks shit BTW wearing it on your normal uniform) they do it because it provides you with weapon and ammo storage with no slowdown even if you "die as fast as possible". We'll always be inherently a speed focused game, there's a reason MPs cry to have it so they can't wear armor on the ship, there's a reason people drop their armor to get away faster. Basically, if you wear a service jacket on the planet you're probably as the kids say a: "cringe nae nae baby", and "LRP" + ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnedSweetPotato View Post
    i was roleplaying as a spec ops sangheili