Discord Username?
    swagger123456#1631

CM Character?
    Israel 'Horseman Pearsall

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    06:00 CST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    20-35 hours I usually have something wacky happening, so it could vary.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    not really aside from being a disc mod for this server.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    no aside from some civ13 and eipharus

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    //showthrea...ja-Application - Pred application accepted

//showthrea...er-Application - volunteer accepted

//showthrea...er-Application - volunteer app accepted

//showthrea...ja-Application - pred app denied

//showthrea...5764#post85764 pred app denied

and a really old mentor app I can't seem to find

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    nope just in the discord as a volunteer

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    no. only an old eorg ban from my very first round in cm.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    one on tg around when I first found ss13 I mainly played to fuck around and do dumb shit. leading to me using telekinesis as a geneticist to stab the chef where I was placed into a cell by mods and goofed off landing a Perma ban on 2022-1-29 and a ban on goonstation for calling a Krampus a "pussy" around 3 to 2 months ago it was around the time my pred app was accepted, I think.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Communication is vital amongst staff of any kind, that's what gives staff cohesion. I am open to discussing anything at anytime but lack a microphone.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    In cm there is always a second side to a story, I would talk to the marine on why they did it. And with that information, I could move onto the second part of my investigation checking the combat logs to see how things really went and if the marine was *blurring* some details, depending on what I get I will move to part 3 the offender's history if escalation checks out, I will leave him to the MPS. (mall cops)

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I would inform the marine to talk to the wl senator, while also getting as much as they can about the alleged rule break. to player report the predator.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would check to see if there is an active sea, if so I would inform them of the location of the marine. If the marine seems to be getting too lost Ie: about to hop in the alamo or in maintenance trying to eat a blow torch. a healthy pm would lead them in the right direction.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    staying respectful, and professional is what staff should professionalize in, I would stop interacting with them and if they do not slow down, I would give them a punishment that would escalate if need be. if they continue to request a higher-up, I suggest that they write a staff report if they believe my ruling is wrong.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would check on the user to see if they are truly named John Doe, if this is correct, I would send out a pm to describe the rules to them and how having a name of that sort is not allowed in the server. After I am done, I would ask if they wanted to change the name. Most of the time people with names of this sort are new to the server and still checking their hours and notes, would help me decide that. and depending on that I would give them a warning/ punishment depending on escalation.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    If it's not griefing the round and they seem to be doing no harm at the time I would leave it as an ic issue. having armor and a rifle is still suspicious when it was green all round so checking in every once in a while, can help. to make sure they are not currently trying to raid cic(any grief as for going groundside).

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    survs are not allowed to outright attack marines without proper escalation. telling the survs to cut it out, if the survs history is extensive and riddled with stuff like this a punishment would be handed out. If marines were killed in areas where they could not be revived, I would aheal them. if hostilities continue sleeping them would be my last resort if they still refused.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would check logs to see if the players story adds up if the story checks out, I will apply punishment to the Mp depending on their history. but if the marine did more than just take an attachment. I would give them a stern warning (verbal) to no lie to staff.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    seeing as I only have a queen mother chat, I would QM message the hive informing them of the marine's weariness to continue and to seize the chance. "The tall hosts quiver with fear on their metal bird seize the chance and slaughter them." (Less cringe of course) while also trying to encourage the marines by subtle messaging the xo or co if they are there that round, something like "your training makes you feel the xenos may be on the back foot you should finish them off."

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would continue as a medic examining them to see if they are doing this on purpose or are simply bald. I would do my best to inform them of the mistakes and try to help them. But if I come to the conclusion, they are Griefing I would ping mods in discord or do anything to communicate.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I would first see if any mods or admins stated that clf would be friendly, if not. I would give them a simple response that this was an ic issue clf and the uscm are hostile factions and they are never friendly unless under certain circumstances. Ie: events and things similar.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    It's an ic issue but if its excessive I would inform the marine to stop. and keep a close eye on them for some time to see if they continue. And give them a punishment depending on their note history or playtime.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I would make sure the ahelp is correct if so, I would punish this as an improper escalation rule break so I would aheal the marine that is killed and punish the offender with proper escalation.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    there is strength in numbers I would gather the other mods in-game to handle it with me. depending on the aggression level of the players doing the mutiny I would sleep them. and begin to search for the person or clause for the mutiny. Depending on if they are justified a pm explaining to them that you must ahelp a mutiny before doing it. and then I would apply a punishment even if the mutiny was justified or not a punishment would be dealt with depending on how the person's history looks. I would then end the mutiny.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Racism in any form is not accepted and going off of discord proceedings I would pm the player making the jokes that making racist jokes of any sort even if found funny is not allowed. A 7-day ban would be applied.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    seems like your vanilla griefer I would aheal the marines dead and with fractures, and leave the rest of the healing to the medics. as for griefer I would apply a 1 week-month ban and petition for them to get a Perma.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I would talk to a higher up admin or more to give the xenos a larva for the loss of one, but if the larva was being used as a scout or recon I would not reimburse them and then give the player a warning if they are new to the role judging by their notes and history. and if they seemed to be doing this a lot in recent times I could consider a more severe punishment like a JB.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    this is netspeak and a warning will be applied either way. no questions asked.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    xeno hivemind is just a translation, due to rule 2 so I would just file it as a ic issue.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    this could just be a slip-up. so, i would look to see if they used it more than once often, I would talk to the command staff explaining that they should not know about Xenos being planetside depending on the history I would escalate it.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    there are multiple other pods, if that was the last one not launched, I would leave it as an ic issue but if there were others that they could have used I would apply a punishment with proper escalation.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I don't specifically know if standard mods can do this, but I would mute the player, and leave it at if they disagree, they can go to the forum and make a staff report.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    no ssd protections thus an ic issue, I would inform him and then close the ahelp.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    to prevent butting heads, I would just inform the manager of the matter.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    tell the manager, and give the mods a possible solution, if that does not work. I would let them decide for themselves.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I think the role is an important part of the community, and as I have stated in my previous volunteer application, I wish to help newer players fall in love with the game the same way I did. One of the best experiences I had as a new player was a cl round where I interacted with a mod for the first time. And it was the most fun I had, had in cm up until that point, I think the feeling of helping a new player or just making their experience is one of the best think you can do. and I believe that is why I would like to become a moderator.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    situational awareness is important the reason I respect the role and its holders are their ability to react to ahelps and situations so quickly, I also believe this is vital to being a mod along with keeping your cool.

Anything else you want to add?
    there are 2 things I want to add instead of waiting for someone to point them out I would rather discuss them now.

First, my removal as a volunteer from a while back, I had made a comment that was considered transphobic, and I wanted to recognize that what I had said and done that day was understandably stupid. since then, I have gotten the volunteer role back and do not plan on losing it anytime soon.

Second, the removal of my wl was about 3-4 weeks ago is one of the things I am most ashamed of in my time of cm, It was lost due to a series of stupid decisions and a bad understanding of the code. the deal breaker was an incident where in an event containing a pred body I was tasked with handling the autopsy and after being betrayed by the cl and left in the cell with no arms I ghosted after 5-10 minutes of being in the cell and joining as a predator. and interacting with the body I performed surgery on. At first, I disagreed with the ruling but have come to the understanding that the action of doing what I did seemed like I attempt to gain more power in the situation, and for that, I would like to apologize to Podrick for griefing that event for them. and the people who supported my application.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Due to CM Discord permaban placed 1.18.23, I'm closing this out.
    Thank you.