FireGriffin12#0979

Marine Name
    Emma 'Twilight' Wolfe

Other Whitelist Applications
    Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Nix

What is your Synthetic's Personality?
    Nix is a all purpose helper. you need someone to patch wounded together? Nix can help with that. aiding in fortifying a area? done! overviewing a situation and reporting to command what is going on? handled!

Nix is programed to be humble and looks to be able to aid others in learning when they are not actively doing something and enjoys chatting with personal when there is nothing to do.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I think it would be fun to be in a more over all supportive role. I think i would be able to aid in most all non combat roles well with the one exsaption of getting comms up, since i have not been able to get a good look at them since the system was set up.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
    been a bit but i have seen day and amber around and they have been life savers for me by helping me as VC by being a driver, fixing my broken body, pulling my corpse away from the xeno hordes. but it has been a bit since i have seen any in action.

Synthetic Character Story
    Nix was stationed on a small outpost for the USCM where her purpose was to aid where ever it was deemed they where needed as a extra set of skilled hands. But due to things being fairly calm at this outpost Nix commonly chatted with on base staff and stationed marines, finding it more fulfilling then standing in a corner waiting for tasking. One day the outpost was attacked by a local terroir cell and they managed to enter the base. Nix did her best to get wounded to safety and enabled several doors locking system to keep the infiltrators out but evently a few managed to find where Nix had been moving people to for safety. Reacting quickly, Nix moved themselves between the wounded personal and the attacker and took several ballets for it but subdued the attacker with a iron pipe that had been laying on the ground and restrained them. After the attack had been replied Nix was found still trying to provided aid to wounded and keeping anyone she had found safe from further attacks. Nix was then, after being fixed up, deployed out to the Almayer after proving to a valuable asset to the defense of the Outpost and was deemed would be useful else where.

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I can do almost anything that is needed in construction from making walls, taring down walls, or fixing generators. I do, however, not have prior knowledge on how to fix comms since i have never been able to get out to one to fix it.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I have played XO and SO a bit in the past so i know how to operate the controls and see what is going on groundside and get information passed on.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I play a lot of doctor and medic so i know how to get people back on there feet as as fast as posable but i do not have chem making experience. I normally try and get things to deploy and work on fixing bones or getting to the hospital to set up there.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    i don't mess with them too much but i know how the system works and how to get things ordered and delivered to the battle field and what needs to be sent down during the op.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    self defense, if i am working on fixing a wall or doing medical work on a marine and get jumped by a xeno i can attack it to try and get it away from me or nearby marines. I can follow marines up but I can't go and fight the bugs with them, only if they endanger me or someone i am helping.

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Discord Ban Reason
    -

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    Nothing of note. If i am missing information someone want's to know ask away and I will try and answer as quickly as I can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Salutations!

I was just passing through your application but one simple thing drew my attention: The personality of your synthetic is literally what he is...meant for? The name "Nix" have any type of background? Your character's story also doesn't help on saying who your synthetic is. In conclusion, the application is completely...generic in any aspect. I don't really remember seeing your marine character roaming around, but that's not important.

I highly recommend that you should talk with the council or check other applications to see what needs to be done, but in my opinion, a withdraw is required.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to have to second what was said above, and suggest you withdraw and read over accepted/denied applications alongside asking other WL holders for input.

Your synthetic doesn't have a personality outside of that which is exhibited by every other synthetic - that of being an all purpose helper. The faintest parts of a personality do exist within the form of the teaching aspect, but most synthetics would also do that. My suggestion, while that of withdrawing and asking the council next time or other synthetic WL holders, is to hold the knowledge that your synthetic is going to be a character that you play with a set personality that is the same. It should be interesting and defined enough for you to stay in character or within the realm of what they would do at all times. An easy way to do this is to read over common literature and think of defining character traits and apply that to your synthetic.

If you wanted to build off your current idea, for example, you could go with the learning aspect - Day, for instance, is a teacher-like synthetic. Making a teaching synthetic can be done and may even be interesting, but you must commit and write it in a clear way where they have a personality.

As for the story, it does not explore who your synthetic is. The story is not about your synthetic being in action - although, it can be - but is primarily to show how they think, act, and interact with others around themselves and in given situations. For that reason, it should primarily focus on dialogue - for instance, if your synthetic was a teacher, how would they react to a marine insulting them by calling them a tin-can? Would they ignore it, or draw attention to it? Would they attempt to educate them on it in a non-aggressive way or attempt to build rapport in some way to prevent it in the future? Those are the questions that you should ask yourself and put in your synthetic story, in more ways than just that, as a myriad of situations exist that you can use.

In terms of experience, you should have mastery over every field. You need to know how to fix communications and perform all aspects of Requisitions, Medical and Engineering almost perfectly - it is fine to make mistakes, obviously, but you should generally be very well versed in these departments, bordering on mastery.

Most importantly, though, you should make sure that your application pops and that you put your best foot forward when writing it and posting it - an easy way of doing this is asking the council or WL holders for assistance with your story and to review it, as it shows passion for the WL, and can enable you to get constructive feedback before it is posted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright! thank you for the feed back. I will be fair and say I don't spend a lot of time on this site so I didn't know about the review side of this and I don't really know how to reach out to people here. As for experience, I understand and will work to get that all done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feed back! I work on getting more done for Nix first before I do go since you pointed out it is a bit lacking in some things. other thing, how do i withdraw the application? I do not normally mess with this site much so don't know how to do some things here.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can handle the withdrawing part, don't worry about that.

As for getting synthetic in the future you're going to want to talk to the synthetic council and whitelisted synthetics in the discord. Enter this link into your browser to get an invitation to the CM Discord: https://discord.gg/cmss13

Once you do that, you can ask for verification and you'll be added as long as you have at least 3 hours in the game within a month or so.

As for actually becoming a synthetic, you are expected to know all the support roles, such as medical, engineering, requisitions, and even some command. You should be very knowledgeable in everything you do, and able to effectively help marines in the operation. In addition to the mechanical aspect of the role, you must also maintain a very high roleplay standard. You are a synthetic, not a human. Every synthetic has a quirk or personality that makes them unique, and this should go deeper than just how you talk. For example, one synthetic is a botanist obsessed with plants. We have another synthetic that acts like a school teacher. Something that sets you off and makes you interesting to interact with.

Getting a whitelist is not out of reach, but it will take you a while to get to the point where you are ready to apply for one in the future. I advise joining the discord, talking to people, and playing for a while to get yourself known by the community. Play some support roles and earn people's respect.

I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. This application is WITHDRAWN. You may reapply when you are ready.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler: