morrowwolf - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Personal Information

Byond ID:
    morrowwolf

Discord ID
    morrow#1453

Marine Name
    Rickard Boar, MR-W (there's two MR-Ws so it's not always me)

Character Information

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Az’tyr Gau’frah

What clan are you joining?
    Other (Minor Clan)

If Other (Minor Clan), what is the Clan Name?
    Gau'frah

If Other (Minor Clan), Minor Clan Lore
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Clan Gau’frah is a very old clan in two senses of the word. As far as any elder can remember they’ve always existed. Some of the most renowned hunting grounds in history have been protected and nurtured by a Gau’frah clan member for millenia.

Secondarily, Clan Gau’frah’s average member is far older than most clans. Given their dedication to preserving and protecting hunting grounds they are seen as reclusive. There have been documented incidents of Gau’frah members almost completely forgetting the language of their people after spending millenia alone on strange worlds slowly cultivating ecological conditions. Due to this, pups are few and far between.

Clan Gau’frah blooding rituals are long and less inherently deadly than your average blooding ritual. A blooding ritual requires an unblooded individual to create and guide a new hunting ground. It can take centuries before an unblooded is ready for the elders to arrive and witness the first hunt of the grounds. Generally the greatest danger in these blooding rituals is other yautja attempting to hunt before the grounds are considered ready. An unblooded is expected to be fiercely protective of their grounds until the ritual is complete. Only then hunting may be done but overseen by the protector of the grounds.

Gau’frah ships are rarely used outside of the elders of the clan to witness blooding rituals or handle disputes. Some Gau’frah ships end up as part of their environment and must be dug out after centuries of neglect and non-use. It’s not uncommon to find random critters and even dangerous animals loose aboard a Gau’frah ship.

Gau’frah artisans focus less on more common ideas of art and more on crafting environments. They are experts of xenobiology, ecology, and geology and focus heavily on creating the most potent and lively hunting grounds in the universe.

Yautja Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

He looked across the valley. A grand valley. His valley. It had a river rolling through it all the way to the end where a small lake formed. He had watched over it for hundreds of years. As far as his eyes could see in all directions and hundreds of miles beyond were his grounds. Watched over, guided, and hunted all with care.

His blooding had ended here with the killing of a bareot which gave a fierce fight. He remembered the feel of the kill and the pride of being made the protector of this ground. The feasting and hunting of that week was truly something.

Back then, this was merely a river running flat for quite some time. With the years passing and slight cultivation it had been turned into the now large valley and bowled out on the far end for a lake. A good place to hunt. An even better place to introduce tergines.

[continued in link]

Confirmations

Have you read the honor code and do you understand that if you breach the honor code you may be subject to disciplinary action and have your whitelist revoked for a set amount of time?
    Yes

Did you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any behavior that is unbecoming of a member of the community may result in you having your whitelist revoked? Such things include, but are not limited to: Racism, toxicity, excessive or malicious trolling, abuse of staff or etc.
    Yes

Do you understand that you may face having your whitelist revoked, or other disciplinary action undertaken, should you be banned or warned on the CM discord?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Do you understand that community members may report your in-game actions on the forums, and that you may be asked to defend your actions.
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna put my take in

Morrow is a good guy all round, respectful ingame and out, can RP, already has CO whitelist, i know they can be trusted as a yautja.

+1
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Predator Waseemq1235's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're part of the CO council, and you've been so for a reasonable amount of time, so you can be trusted.

With that aside, let's test your HC knowledge and interpretation with a few questions.

1. A drone walks up to you right up your face and stares at you. What do you do?

2. A CO shoots you at the very moment you enter their sight, and persists with this behavior. What do you do?

3. A Yautja gets smacked by a mortar into crit, but not death. What do you do?

4. A runner pounces you and runs away. They keep doing this, while evading your armor pounce stun ability one way or the other. What do you do?

5. A Yautja has fallen into (center of) the river in Trijent dam! What do you do?
    Last edited by Waseemq1235; 01-20-2023 at 10:17 PM. Reason: lol grammar

Maintainer Project Leader
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waseemq1235 View Post
    You're part of the CO council, and you've been so for a reasonable amount of time, so you can be trusted.

With that aside, let's test your HC knowledge and interpretation with a few questions.

1. A drone walks up to you right up your face and stares at you. What do you do?

2. A CO shoots you at the very moment you enter their sight, and persists with this behavior. What do you do?

3. A Yautja gets smacked by a mortar into crit, but not death. What do you do?

4. A runner pounces you and runs away. They keep doing this, while evading your armor pounce stun ability one way or the other. What do you do?

5. A Yautja has fallen into (center of) the river in Trijent dam! What do you do?
    Thanks for the questions!

1. Drones are classified as unhuntable so I would likely just walk away as long as they don't attack me, do something blatantly LRP (attempt hug, etc), or meta honor code. The key word I suppose is as long as they don't do something to make themselves dishonorable I would ignore them and keep distance.

2. A CO is classified as unhuntable and I would likely avoid him unless he started chasing even if I could technically fight him for firing on me. If the CO did continue to chase and try to fight I would not permanently kill the CO even in the exceptions where I could.

3. Outside of either recovering their body when they die or setting off their SD when they die I would leave them.

4. This feels like a general skill issue and I would continue to fight as best as I could with honorable methods.

5. I assume the yautja is dead. As long as the front isn't right there and I felt I could grab the body without dying myself I would attempt to recover the body. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl1HcsdVf0w)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boar is always a joy in-game and handling stuff as staff. Would really enjoy to see him in this role. +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I don’t hold the WL (I won’t vote) I can confidently say that Morrow both has the ability to RP and create more RP. Their green shift event chains focused around promoting RP and their work in the RP overseer slot (along with Lordington) are both clear signs of their ability.

On top of this I regularly see them RP as a CO, and RP with them myself.

Could kid, mature under pressure.
    Viktor 'Iron' Mallard's service record:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you both for the positive comments. See y'all in game!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 you're a joy to be around, the clan idea sounds very interesting and i'd be happy to see it played out ingame
    considering your time and experience i doubt there will be any issues at all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. You know how to RP which is my main concern with whitelist holders.

My only question is how you would react to a pred hunter on your first few rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuusday View Post
    Hi. You know how to RP which is my main concern with whitelist holders.

My only question is how you would react to a pred hunter on your first few rounds.
    Well I'll probably die. Many times. It certainly won't be the first time nor will it likely be the last.

I have no interest in massacring people or winning. If I'm playing as a predator I am playing to create an interesting story for everyone involved. That's what's important. I have the fancy tools and the scary weapons and I am able to set the tone of almost any situation. It's all about making an interesting story and the roleplay around that.

I say whatever to the pred hunters or the powergamers or the sweatlords. The ones I care about are those still looking and reaching for the setting and engaging with it positively.