User Tag List

Thread: End of round RP and whats allowed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

End of round RP and whats allowed

As a nurse, in a life pod, THE ROUND ENDED, with one researcher, I was talking about DDI and relating to them. I put in some RP stuff to make it not as LOOC like god's might be angry if, etc. Used ingame chat so it was easy to talk to them as it is FLOODED with OOC end of round.

Segrain goes and says:
    -- Administrator private message --
    Admin PM from-Segrain: This is a reminder that as a nurse, you should not be teaching a _researcher_ of all persons how research works. You should not be telling _anybody_ how things work when your character has no idea how they work.
    Click on the administrator's name to reply.

You have been noted by Segrain.
    The note is : Metagaming / OOC in IC. As a nurse, was telling researcher in character the fine specifics of how research system works, including very detailed references to experience with DNA disintegrating property and rertrieval PMCs from prior rounds. Reminded to do neither.
    If you believe this was filed in error or misplaced, make a staff report at The CM Forums
    You can also click the name of the staff member noting you to PM them.

two people, private discussion in a lifepod, end of round, and you STILL want us to maintain character? why? what for? so the ghosts are happy? Am I crazy that repeat behavior like this would be worth a ban?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You gotta remember that admeme is just MP with OOC power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah shit you're right, and I cannot even disarm them before they take me away!

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shouldn't even fall under the RP category, you were teaching another player something about the game (in this case probably the most complex aspect of it - research) after he kindly asked you.

The rules quite literally state you can let minor "issues" like this slide and I doubt anyone even ahelped you, meaning the staff member in question went out of his way to look for shit to stir.

Disgusting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'm with you on this one.