Date of Incident
    January 23, 2023
    Your Character Name?
    Mature Runner (FA-512-L)
    Their BYOND Key
    Moonshanks
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    15:40 central US? 21:40 CET
    Which of the following are you reporting?
    3. Enforcement Action Taken
    Description of the incident
    Playing Runner on ice colony, I joined in on some hivemind banter on the topic of capturing marines and ended up being noted for "obvious OOC references to the no cap meme"

I feel wronged for being noted because I genuinely didn't mean it that way.
    I am all for cracking down on obvious, unfunny and unsubtle OOC references but everything I had said throughout the round was simply meant an an abbreviation for "capture/captures/captured marines" - the same abbreviation 100% of you reading this report use when playing xeno.

Not to mention we have this conversation with TAI literally every other round, he is a dedicated capture lurker player and I despise that playstyle with a passion.

tl;dr, if you ctrl+f the phrase "no cap" in the logs from this round it will come up with my name about 3 times. It was likely taken out of context or misunderstood.
    I also completely understand that "this note means nothing" for some but I really can not afford having more and I seriously don't want a misunderstanding staining my already prolonged note history.
    Evidence
    https://imgur.com/a/JUngHUj this and also the fact that I had never ever staff reported anything over the past 6 years and always accepted the consequences of my own deliberate actions. This isn't the case however.

Regardless, the screenshots are really up to personal interpretation but I hope at least the "claws too sharp" comment might shed some light onto it.
    Do you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will respond to this briefly.

I believe, and still believe, the joke you were making was "no cap" as in the internet slang, "no cap on god".

The others you show in your evidence were also warned in the same way for their part in it.

I hope this explains everything.

ADDENDUM:

While it is possible that avalanche didn't mean it in a memey way, and it could have been a wrong time wrong place moment, the evidence points towards the contrary. Everyone was making netspeak related memes such as "xanye" (kanye west) and "no cap" (no cap on god) as well as "no bitches".

Honestly I think you were just having fun and memeing with everyone else, the appropriate response to which is a warning. I don't think I applied too heavy of a response, and if this really is just a one time mistake then the warning will expire without any further punishment being necessary.
    Last edited by Moonshanks; 01-27-2023 at 12:30 PM.
    Viktor 'Iron' Mallard's service record:

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies for the long delay here! I'll be posting the logs within the next 24 hours!
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies for the extreme delay again. I had an interesting week.

The phrase "no cap" was used... a lot in the logs. Both by ghosts using the meme and xenos mainly talking about their lack of captures. For brevity's sake, I restricted the logs to those starting with the first line of Avalanchee's screencap. I've also read the words "no cap" so often now that they lost all meaning to me.

no cap
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Moonshanks boinking Avalanchee
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading the logs, I do not think Avalanchee intended 'no cap' to be the meme 'no cap', but instead to go along with his impromptu rap of not capping. Never thought I'd write that before.

Resolved - Accepted, note will be removed.