Lagomorphica - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Personal Information

Byond ID:
    Lagomorphica

Discord ID
    Gerstmann#0150

Marine Name
    Frydenlund Svafnirsdottir, Lucy (Synthetic), Rozamond A.W. Sarin (primary characters)

Character Information

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Nurn'Cexyk-Taimohah

What clan are you joining?
    Other (Minor Clan)

If Other (Minor Clan), what is the Clan Name?
    Clan Taimohah

If Other (Minor Clan), Minor Clan Lore
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Excerpt:
    The Taimohah clan, like many other clans, is but a fraction of its original greatness - splintered from a clan long lost to time, that even the eldest among them do not recall.

During the impact of the great asteroid, and as tectonic plates buckled under the planet, the precursors to the Taimohah clan fled. As the hunting grounds dried out and food became scarce, they receded and withdrew from society - remaining distant from even the Council of Ancients, albeit still interacting in scarce form, receiving permission to hunt and other such things. This rapid extinction, additionally, created a large genetic bottleneck - countless cycles of Yautja dying before they even reached their 300th year. Birth, death, and birth once again, alongside the lack of food and natural genetic drift, resulted in highly optimized forms, both as a cultural expectation and as an evolutionary advantage - a large amount of fatty tissue fading from their body, and their overall maximum height being reduced. Lithe, survivalist power was the new focus of the clan.

[...]

Yautja Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Excerpt:
    ACT 1
    Footfalls pounded across the desert terrain - rocks scattering underfoot as she ran. Adrenaline coursed through her body as dust whisked up behind her, like a thin, coarse silt - giving whatever was chasing her an easy and direct path. Ahead, the crags of cooled lava began to intermix - as if a river had been gouged into the ground, and solidified over. Blackened and scorched trees extended skywards, contrasted against the reddish sand below. It was so close, so close to being beyon–

With a sickening crack, mixed in with a squelching and sinking sound, the rock collided with the quadrupeds skull - its head partially caved in. Its body, limp and loose, skidded towards the stone river and tree it so desperately craved to reach, coming to a stop after only one meter. Blood spurted out rhythmically yet erratically - slowing, and eventually stopping to but a small trickle.

[...]

Confirmations

Have you read the honor code and do you understand that if you breach the honor code you may be subject to disciplinary action and have your whitelist revoked for a set amount of time?
    Yes

Did you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any behavior that is unbecoming of a member of the community may result in you having your whitelist revoked? Such things include, but are not limited to: Racism, toxicity, excessive or malicious trolling, abuse of staff or etc.
    Yes

Do you understand that you may face having your whitelist revoked, or other disciplinary action undertaken, should you be banned or warned on the CM discord?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Do you understand that community members may report your in-game actions on the forums, and that you may be asked to defend your actions.
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to thank the Predator council (predditor) for giving me their feedback on my story, alongside Avalanche and Spear.

Additionally the buff TF2 mercenaries gave me great focus and willpower in these trying times.
    Last edited by Lagomorphica; 01-30-2023 at 12:29 PM. Reason: forgot to credit spear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although I gave my opinion and advice to Lagomorphica about their application, I can assure everyone that all of the genius came from the player themselves, prior to my intervention.

All in all, it's a very well-developed and very well-structured clan and predator story which intertwine many interesting ideas and concepts.
    For instance, religion is often overlooked, with Paya getting most of the praise; study of even the weakest prey and hunting culture perfectly fall in line with the spirit of the whitelist; the blooding ritual is an interesting twist on the traditional hunt. All of those aspects perfectly coincide and make sense when juxtaposed, especially with their physical morphology and unique clan culture and architecture.

As for the player's reputation and history on CM13, I think everyone knows Lagomorphica brings the best of the best in terms of roleplay, developing believable and immersive personas, from marine to synth.

+1. Hopefully you get in as quick as possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1
    both stories look like they had a lot of effort put in, you're a nice person overall and i've never seen you get in trouble. i hope you get accepted and enjoy the pred wl with us

Yautja Council Member Joe Lampost's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story is fine, i know you care about the setting of the game and above all you can be trusted with the WL in my opinion 1+
    Now I just feel sorry for the Pred council. Those poor people only get the nut jobs...

HTB

Nan'ku K'wii clan leader of the poorest pred clan in the game

Joe 'Death Dealer' Smith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zero reason to not let Lago onto the whitelist. Great roleplayer, has good reputation within the community, is one of the few mentors that actually knows what they're talking about, and genuinely has good intentions playing the game as a whole.

Gets a hell yeah from me. +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trusted and one of the best new additions to the synth WL. Great roleplayer and great roleplayer.

Happy hunting, +1
    If you have CM brain rot don't talk to me.

Less than polite marine Rob Warraker
    Synthetic Units Rook and Monty
    Elite Yautja S'kra K'wii

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always do enjoy Lago's work in any role and situation - happy to dig in or unwind with the RP while knowing when either is appropriate and I'm happy to see her going for pred. Solid +1.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Council has voted, and your application is to be accepted. Expect permissions to be updated soon. Welcome to the whitelist!
    Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
    Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Yautja Council member as of March 17th - Now