Discord Username?
    Daman453#7551

CM Character?
    Cayden ‘Prisioner’ Mary

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    EST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    No

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Not really.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Nope!

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Yes, one perma on VORE station. I raided with boat bomber.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes, I hope to learn as much as I can from other staff and communication is key to that

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    See chat logs to what started the incident. If there was zero RP, and the player is old, contact them, maybe the logs aren’t saying what happened. If it turns out there isn’t anything, apply punishment based on note history. If it’s a new player, and they aren’t sleeping on the floor (like a greifer would do) then I would to check to see if a SEA is online, and subtle PM the SEA that they have a case. Give warning to the marine just in case he continues the same behaviour.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Inform them that staff to not handle whitelist issues. I would tell them how to submit a report on the forums.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    If I’m in game, I would inform msay (if I have access to it) that there is a new player, or stubtle message the SEA of one is active. If I wasn’t, observing instead, and there hasn’t had any tickets yet, I would help the player myself.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    The first rule is to remain professional. I would say that if there is a admin+ member of staff online I’ll send a message in staff chat and they wish to intervene they can, but if not, tell the player to make a staff report. I would analyze why the player got salty and work to prevent such interactions in the future, if possible.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Inform player of naming rules. Send them back to lobby if I can do so, otherwise add a note and tell them to change it next round

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    This is a IC issue. No action will be taken.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Unless it’s a event, hostile survivors were removed. I would inform the survivor of this and give a warning note, unless prior history makes me put a job ban on them.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Check the story out, if it is a case of ‘a MP has arrested a person for such a crime’ then PM the MP in question, are they a ‘cadet’? explain what they did was wrong, apply a heavy warning note (increased expectations for MP roles). If new, get them training via IC means, if not new, Send a provost fax for the arrest of the MP, under ‘Misuse of Authority’ and ‘Illgeal Confinment’ charges, and issue a pardon to close the incident out ICly. If not, inform the player that I looked into it, and I found that it’s a ic issue, as you did break other crimes that resulted in perma.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Subtle message the commander: ‘Using the reports your men have given you, and ARES read outs, your officer brain calculates there can only be 4 hostiles remaining.’

If that doesn’t get them moving. HC will fax the ship. The fax will state.

Remote readouts from ARES chart a course of the battle, the marines are able to win, our scans of the readouts only peg the enemy at 4 hostiles remaining. This is a direct order from high command, grab your brave men and women, and wipe this menace off the face of the colony.

Hopefully they move. When they land, it’s not going to be delay

QueenMother: I sense the tall hosts have returned to the planet, you are ferice fighters but it must come to the end. Throw yourself at them, ensure you take out as many as possible. The eggs buried deep with hatch another day, when these hosts are weak and divided.

For the hive!

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    As I am currently playing, it would be bad for me to investigate on my own, I would ahelp the issue, so there’s official logs of the players actions. If no other staff are online, I would be forced to make a player report, unless I can admin ghost to handle it properly. It isn’t fair to the marines that I ghost out of my medic body removing a source of healing.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    IC issue, EORG does not apply to hostile factions fighting. Inform them of this and wish them a CM day.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    If the marines actions are causing a massive fight, I would call it ‘round start Shenanigans’ and tell them to knock it off, apply a warning note. Otherwise, I would consider it a IC issue, as long as the items stolen aren’t of spec importance or stuff like that.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I would inform the marine about the escalation rules. Fights can be knifed, can be shot. I would check to see if there is roleplay beforehand, and if so, apply a warning. If there want, heavy warning unless they have history of doing so, then it’s a ban.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    As this has a massive risk to interrupt round flow, sleep all mutineers. Talk to them, check reasons. Explain the servers munity rule. If they had genuine RP reasons to munity, then I would ask other staff if we can approve it. Otherwise, a illegal mutiny will be met with heavy warning to the ‘leader’. If they had already killed several people, it would be nice if other staff online could sort out who did what, and apply punishments accordingly.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    If someone ahelps about it, I would inform the person making the comments that they should stop making such comments. Note them for it, and 7 day auto ban if they used a slur.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    This is a textbook case of greifing. Check for multi keying or ban evasion. Apply for perma regardless to see if the player wants to explain themselves on the forum.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    PM the larva, see if it was a accident or on purpose, note them, if they have notes relating, Job ban them from xeno

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    PM those in question, tell them while memes in hive mind are less serious, queen disrespect is unacceptable in a RP environment. Verbal warn the memers and warn the queen disrespecters.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Inform the player that hive mind is a approximate version of English, and it’s ok to say such things without it being LRP.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    With expected contact RP, people know what aliens are. Inform the player of this and resolve it.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    This is one of the few reasons you can skip proper escalation rules. Rule it as a IC Issue unless there is no xenos close by, as that is required for the rule to work. Try and see it from their perspective. Did they know the hive was close? What did the radio say? All this is factions into rather its valid or not.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I would remain calm, I know how salt effects people, I would directly PM them, I would request they make a staff report. Hopefully they go off in the PM’s. let them tire themselves out without any responses and just talk to me. If there is no chance the player will calm down, ban them for 1 hour for salt. Give the ban reason as calming and non provoking as possible, wishing them a cooling down or something to that effect. Hopefully they calm down by then.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Inform the player that staff are unable to remove it, it’s a IC issue.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    If they are higher ranking then me, go with their judgement, ask for clarification. If it’s someone equal or lower rank, then inform them about it, but don’t push it. Get higher ranking staff to confirm or deny what I’m saying.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    The only resolving that’s going to happen is if higher management gets involved. Take screenshots of the disagreement and inform a manager so the three of them can sort it out.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    To give back to a community who has given me thousands of hours of enjoyment.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Common sense and a thick skin.

Anything else you want to add?
    Thank you for reading
    Last edited by Daman453; 01-30-2023 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Racism is not a joke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1. Daman is a good guy.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there.

I have read your answers and they are mostly correct and where they are not, they seem to be incorrect because you don't know how some admin systems work (and why should you lol) which is covered in training (there is no need for example to send someone to the lobby with an illegal name, we have a command that changes the name for them now) and some finer details that are also ironed out during your Trial peroid.

As such I have no issue with giving a +1 to your app. Good luck.
    Senior Administrator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there! Thank you for your application. Based on pretty solid responses and no recent note history at all, I'm happy to welcome you aboard as a Tmod! Congrats and Welcome to the team!

Please be sure to have Discord PMs open, as I'll reach out to you with more info shortly! Thank you!