User Tag List

Thread: RandomG05 - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RandomG05 - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    RandomG05
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    None
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    -
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    What is your Bancode?
    N/A
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    Shipside Medical
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    timeurss
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent
    Remaining Duration
    Permanent
    What other servers do you play on?
    Nope
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Nope
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    No
    Reason for Ban
    Rule 2, Roleplay Expectations (Deployment) - Fronlined as a researcher to try out their fire-penetrating chemical. Warned them against it. by timeurss (SeniorModerator) on 2022-07-28 15:22:27

Rule 2, Roleplay Expectations (Deployment) - After the warning above, frontlined again to retrieve their flamer, which resulted in them being captured. Given that and their dismissive attitude in PMs, a 1 day ban + job-ban will be applied. by timeurss (SeniorModerator) on 2022-07-28 16:01:42

Banned from Researcher, Doctor, Nurse, Head Surgeon, Chemist, Field Doctor - Frontlining as a researcher twice, after being warned not to. Appeal it on the forums. by timeurss (SeniorModerator) on 2022-07-28 16:02:33
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc). If you were in the wrong, explain what you did that was wrong, and describe how you have or will improve your behavior.
    I still hate the fact that i cant rolepay groundside for any reason as a researcher to test my creations (im still convinced its OC even after 6 months), but oh well. I enjoyed being a researcher the most, so let me play it again and i wont do it again alright? not worth it

Also all those notes was on the same game, same guy, and its been 6 months. Still hate the guy (read the logs, was fun being sassy) but just let me grow my poppies please?
    Do you understand that making low-effort appeals (short/does not address the issue/shitposts) may lead to immediate denial and/or other types of consequences?
    Yes

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appeal has been assigned to the administration team for review.
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I will be the administrator handling you appeal,

as per your request I will have a look at the logs and see if your reaction was even slightly warranted.

The reasoning behind not allowing shipside roles to fight on the groundside is mainly down to the fact that the game has limits on comtechs and corpsmen. Allowing shipside roles (with the same skills as comtechs and corpsmen) to frontline opens up a bunch of issues, such as people taking shipside roles only to deploy when comtech or corpsmen roles are full (not actually being a shipside role) and an imbalance of special roles leading to an unbalanced frontline. Of course your stated goal was only to test out what you have made, but the question is couldn't you easily perform as a medic whilst you were testing? And if you 100% wouldn't and we allow it for you, what about others?
    Last edited by Warfan1815; 02-02-2023 at 08:24 PM.
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was a tough decision to make. If you are willing to change your attitude when talking to staff and learn more thoroughly the rules, this appeal is accepted.

Furthermore, although not directly appealed, this appeal will also lift the ban on CMO.
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby