Moonshanks#3223

Marine Name
    Viktor Mallard, Valory Rainn, Clinton Grey, Roman Fair

Character Information

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Zabin

What clan are you joining?
    Clan Luar’ke

If Other (Minor Clan), what is the Clan Name?
    -

If Other (Minor Clan), Minor Clan Lore
    -

Yautja Character Story
    Link to story: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...98GcZWpeo/edit

Zabin Laur’ke

“Dusk fell on than-guan causing shadows to grasp their ever-growing tendrils across the jungle floor. In the distance, sharp claps of gunfire percussed a steady rhythm as the ooman tribes spelt out their differences in blood. A beast named shadow stalked the shadows around a cenotaph, waiting for their quarry.

It was smaller than its kin, and weaker too. Lar’ja had barely scraped through their trials. They had passed their first, it was bloody and they were almost killed several times. The prey they took down was equally unimpressive. Through their small stature, and small hunts Lar’ja had been branded with the name insect, by all who knew of him.

A hunter by the name Vogah had committed a sin worth death. They had stolen the mask of an ancient elder, claimed that they were worthy of his legend, and that they were honouring his memory. The Laur’ke had been alerted to this trespass against the ancients. Looking to bolster their ranks they offered the hunt to the newly blooded. Lar'ja had taken an oath to kill Vogah, to protect the ancient temple. He had haunted his prey for days, tracking by the ways of old, and ignoring his technology. Yuatja were too reliant on their cloaks, masks, and bracers, if he relied on his technology Lar'ja would too be easy to spot.

As dusk turned to night and the shadows consumed the foliage, Lar'ja became aware of a disturbing of leaves, a rustle of movement. The familiar shimmer of a thermal cloak disrupted the air as the hunter Vogah stood tall in front of the cenotaph. It was clear enough that he cared not for honour, as he seized his hands on the Sandstone door slowly cracking it open.

Lar'ja exploded out of the treeline, launching himself shoulder-first into the back of Vogah. Shadow failed to do anything other than bounce off of Vogah’s hulking frame, stumbling in between the bad blood and the sandstone door.

“I have been sent to kill you ic'jit! You must die for your crimes.” Lar'ja cried out, shuffling to his feet and drawing Bakuub his spear.

“You… Insect… Will bring me down? You are not worthy of this task, your will is as weak as your flesh! Both shall be torn open shall you not let me pass.”

“You must die.” Lar'ja retorted “I swore an oath.”

“Then you will break it!” Vogah cackled, crashing his hydraulic grip around Lar'ja’s throat. Lar'ja, fumbled in reply, losing his footing across the loose leaf-covered ground as he attempted to haul Vogah back. Vogah cocked their head in amusement at the attempt, flinging Lar'ja against the door, spraying a cloud of green blood. Dazed, Lar'ja gasped for air.

“Killing you will do the elders proud!” roared Vogah, dragging aside the sandstone to reveal the cenotaph within “You are not Yautja! You are weak! Your tainted blood has no place in the hunt!” He punctuated each insult by pummeling Lar'ja against the sandstone, sending Bakuub skittering across the cenotaph floor.

Squirming, Lar'ja finally found his grip, planted a foot in a crack in the ground and launched himself backwards, sending Vogah skywards breaking their grip from his throat. Vogah, the larger of the two, was the first on his feet.

“Enough play, you are prey, you deserve a prey’s death” clicked Vogah, spreading wide his mandibles, and taking a ceremonial dagger from atop one of the empty sarcophagi.

“This is a sacred tomb Vogah! You take what doesn’t belong to you, and spill the blood of a Yautja in these walls? I am bound to kill you, you will die!”

“You are not Yautja, this is but a sacrifice, to the elders, no one will remember your name Insect.” Laughed Vogah, lunging forth with the dagger raised aloft in both hands.

Lar'ja drew his own dagger, darting forth to meet Vogah from below, aiming to drive their blade deep into Vogah’s trunk. He was not quick enough. Vogah was faster, bigger, and stronger. He simply batted Lar'ja’s blade aside with a swift kick to the shoulder. Vogah’s steel found its mark, biting hard into Lar'ja’s neck, spraying yet more vibrant green across the tomb. Lar'ja faltered and slipped in the viscera, his life gushing out of the hole in his throat.

“Just as I said Insect, easy, weak. Your life is mine to take”.

Vogah grasped the struggling Lar'ja by the back of their skull, bunching up their tendrils ready to cut them free.

Nau'je Laur’ke was watching from the cenotaph door. She decided that now was the time to show the heretic whose honour he had questioned. She stepped in, and with a swift de-cloaking, cracked Vogah in the temple with her combistick.

“Vogah, you have desecrated this tomb.” She clicked without emotion.

Roaring, Vogah dropped Lar'ja’s form and charged. Nau'je bested him with ease, crashing the combistick down and behind his ankle, causing Vogah’s leg to buckle. She followed it up with a swift flurry of blows, cracking ribs, fracturing bones. Vogah, aware of the ever-approaching nature of his death, lashed out, forcing Nau’je to step back. He took this chance to run, replacing his brave visage with that of a coward.

“On your feet Insect, you have failed your oath” Nau'je stated bluntly

“You are not a great warrior, Vogah is right. You are weak, you are small, you can not win in a test of might.”

“I can prove myself” Lar'ja coughed. “I can pull out that bad bloods bones and use them to mark my strength.”

“You will die trying, Shadow. An insect cannot bring down a giant through might, but through cunning and tact, they can make them hurt. To prove yourself you must bring down the traitor before the sun rises. In failing your duty they have taken what does not belong to him. He must be killed for it.”

With that, Nau'je departed leaving Lar'ja wounded, but alive. The humiliation was pain enough, he was proven weak. Pressing thwei crystals to his broken body, he gathered up Bakuub and stepped out into the night.

The beast named Shadow began the hunt.

Vogah had covered ground unknown, his teleport disabled by the Laur’ke ship above. The hulking form of Vogah left an easy trail to track, with footprints carved into the soft dirt, and snapped branches of the thick vegetation marking the way to Lar'ja’s quarry; it was only a matter of following in swift silence.

Lar'ja's mind raced along the way, Nau'je had spoken true, and he must swallow his pride. In an open fight to the death with Vogah Lar'ja was too weak, too small, and too easily bested. He would have to set a trap, and not one that Vogah could detect with his technology.

Lar'ja paused, Vogah’s tracks were growing closer and closer together. He had clearly stopped running, and these tracks could be fresh. The sky lightened ever slowly as Lar'ja’s trap was planned.

Vogah stepped into an oasis in the jungle with his thermal sight active, looking carefully at each opening to spot the familiar shimmer of a Yautja cloak. Nau'je would not sneak up on him. He strode into the waist-high water, stopping briefly to survey the surroundings.

A sudden flash of a plasma caster lit up the tree line to his left. His eyes darted right to follow the tracer, but all he saw was motionless foliage.

Bang and flash filled his senses as the treeline cascaded into flames, he dropped his thermal sight crying out in pain as the overloaded sensors blinded him. Vogah widely unleashed a plasma volley on the treeline in panic.

White hot sharp pain thrust through his back and out his chest. He looked down in shock as blood turned the water green. His strength left him as he struggled to cry out, gargling blood.

“Killing you will do the elders proud.” Uttered a mud-covered Lar'ja as he drove Bakuub through Vogah’s heart, ending him and the hunt.

“You did well Lar’ja.” Nau'je noted stepping out from the shadows.

“You followed me?” Lar'ja asked.

Nau’je cocked her head in amusement. “You were bait, nothing more, but you proved yourself worthy.”

“I did as I promised Nau’je. But I am not Lar’ja. Vogah relied too much on his strength, stature, and technology. I am a hunter of a different nature. I am Zabin.

The sun rose on than-guan as the beast named Insect rose tall above his prey. His oath had been kept. His true name had been claimed. The tomb was safe once more.

Confirmations

Have you read the honor code and do you understand that if you breach the honor code you may be subject to disciplinary action and have your whitelist revoked for a set amount of time?
    Yes

Did you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any behavior that is unbecoming of a member of the community may result in you having your whitelist revoked? Such things include, but are not limited to: Racism, toxicity, excessive or malicious trolling, abuse of staff or etc.
    Yes

Do you understand that you may face having your whitelist revoked, or other disciplinary action undertaken, should you be banned or warned on the CM discord?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Do you understand that community members may report your in-game actions on the forums, and that you may be asked to defend your actions.
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Link to previous app: //showthrea...n&goto=newpost

Addressing Issues from previous app:

All spelling and grammar mistakes found have been addressed, as well as this the main bad guys name was changed (due to it being shared by a Yautja from a book).

I have opted to keep the usage of “ooman” in place of “human” I admit it sounds kinda dumb but also that’s the predator lore in universe.

The main issue with my prior app was notoriety. The story was deemed acceptable.

In order to tackle this issue I have swapped my main roles since my prior app was denied, I have also upped my playtime. You may have seen me around as: Fob doctor; Fob engineer, Squad Medic, Squad Engineer, SEA, XO, MT or as a xenomorph under the name: BID/BIF.

There was an issue raised around maturity. I believe it pertinent to address this critique, but I don’t think it holds any weight. I have not received an in game not or discord note in a year, possibly two years. I have absolute no notes for lrp.
    I am unsure of any other way to address this critique.
    Last edited by Moonshanks; 02-04-2023 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Edit: clarification
    Viktor 'Iron' Mallard's service record:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1.You have given a human a prize for killing another hunter fair and square in a hunt. He dies and another marines takes it from him. How do you get it back? and if he refuses what amount of force do you use on him to get it back?

2.You are watching another hunter fight a boxer warrior and he gets knocked out in front of the entire hive (his mask is still on),They don't know you're there. what do you do?

3.Another hunter has fallen and his body is in FOB with marines standing around his body wondering what to do with it. do you try and take the body as soon as possible or wait for it to be transported up to the ship?

These have multiple correct answers, I'm just looking for how you would handle these situations

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what the hell, where is my council tag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MymindisBlank View Post
    1.You have given a human a prize for killing another hunter fair and square in a hunt. He dies and another marines takes it from him. How do you get it back? and if he refuses what amount of force do you use on him to get it back?
    I like this question. My whole RP idea for my pred is that they guard precious artefacts and are more likely to talk to you before killing you outright.

It would be unlikely for my character to hand out a specific predator item reward unless it was something very impressive. If I had handed out an item and the marine died, and I could confirm the marine was DNR, I would attempt to entomb the marine and their item in a predator shrine somewhere, so my first attempt to recover the item would be RP

“Human… that which you hold is not yours… your brethren fought well I shall entomb them with honour… respect their blood by returning what is theirs…”

Some more back and forth might be had over the item, if the marine is adamant they won’t return it then my reply would be along the lines of

“You disrespect your sibling… you have no honour, you take what is not yours, if you do not return it I shall force you”

And then I would honourably hunt the marine, throwing their corpse back to other marines or to FOB once I had reclaimed the item. I would treat the marine corpse the same way but I probably wouldn’t go as far as to hunt over it since corpses have some value for intel points, I’d just try to talk the other marine into letting me entomb their friend.

2.You are watching another hunter fight a boxer warrior and he gets knocked out in front of the entire hive (his mask is still on),They don't know you're there. what do you do?
    This one is a fairly simple answer to me. Hunters live and die alone except under very specific circumstances, All I have to do is ensure that the hunter dies. I would not be going in there to recover the preds body, some predators would likely see this as an insult whereas the ones that asked for help aren’t deserving of it (IC everyone should help each other out OOC).

The number one priority for my predator at this point is: Is the hive going to turn that predator into an abomination? If the xenos are slashing the pred to death then I will sit and watch, then recover his dead corpse for destruction away from the hive. I would probably also RP putting one of his belongings in a pred tomb if it was available on the map, or in my lodge as a temporary burial site to honour the fact the other pred fell in the hunt.

If the Xenos are spam shoving the pred, or are dragging him into/toward the hive then I would do my best to stop them from recovering the corpse while attempting to limit the damage, up to and including doing SDing the corpse on small if it was needed.

OOC I’d want to limit the damage to the hive at all costs as it’s kinda shitty for another predator to be hunting right by a hive anyways, if I think the pred was hive diving on purpose I would probably message a counsellor at round end as well in private.

If the pred lives because I intervened then I’d expect him to be dishonoured and RP fix the situation himself, but my predator wouldn’t heal, nor have any priority for getting the other predator out alive.

Specifically my reasoning is this. Abombs cannot be allowed to exist under any circumstances IC, the predator has failed in the hunt. They cannot be allowed to be infected as to do so would be to allow an abomb to exist.

3.Another hunter has fallen and his body is in FOB with marines standing around his body wondering what to do with it. do you try and take the body as soon as possible or wait for it to be transported up to the ship?

This is very situational.

During low-pop it would probably be wise to cloak into the FOB, grab the corpse and cloak out. My pred isn’t above RPing with the marines so I might even try to non-lethally recover the corpse through broken conversation.

If I had spent time RPing around and I knew of synths I might go to it and inform it that if the body is not removed from the FOB I will have no recourse but to reclaim it.

If it’s highpop it’d be wiser to go to the ship instead as FOB will be well defended. I can sneak around the ship, cloaked and remove the corpse without detection if I am lucky.

The deciding factor for me will be a rough rule of thumb: if there are more than 10 marines in FOB I go to the ship, if less I go through the FOB. If marines aren’t immediately hostile then I can attempt an RP recovery.
    Viktor 'Iron' Mallard's service record:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like your answers for the roleplay inquiry. Preserving the artifact with the player's body was something I didn't expect to hear, so you give me high hopes. When Echo was still a big commotion and we were at our peak for popularity, you always put together events for bringing out roleplay and it turned into some of my most precious memories for playing CM, especially the CLF interrogation event we did while I was CO. In my eyes, roleplay has always been a formidable component that you have consistency and mastery in. Even before we both became staff members, roleplaying with you in brig easily made you one of my more favorite people to interact with. Outside of our connections as staff members and your position as a mentor to me, I've always seen you as an example in ways for how people to have creative thinking in their roleplay and gimmicks. I hope I get to see you getting capped at hive, new blood +1
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Council voted, and your application is to be accepted. Expect permissions to be given relatively soon, and welcome to the whitelist!
    Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
    Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Yautja Council member as of March 17th - Now