User Tag List

Thread: Rem1 (Daniel Jimenez) - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rem1 (Daniel Jimenez) - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Rem1
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Daniel Jimenez
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    Bram#0381
    Type of Ban?
    Discord Ban
    What is your Bancode?
    N/A
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    N/A
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Moonshanks
    Total Ban Duration
    Infinity
    Remaining Duration
    Forever
    What other servers do you play on?
    None
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Have been banned on CM, never for more then 3d. Ages ago (3 years) got pbanned on goon, appealed it within 2 weeks.
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    N/A
    Reason for Ban
    You were warned in SS13: Colonial Marines Official for: Perma applied: Repeated harassment of staff in public spaces. This was topped off by a joke that was purposely ambiguous on whether or not it was calling staff child predators. When contacted in DMs they stated that they could not promise to change their behaviour because they may get angry and do the same thing again. On a more personal note, I feel as though you've had more than a fair share of chances and your behaviour needs to change, you may appeal in 30 days.- Moonshanks (originally issued Aug 5 2022)
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc). If you were in the wrong, explain what you did that was wrong, and describe how you have or will improve your behavior.
    Alright, so let's go over things.

I apologize for my joke, I shouldn't had said it. It's as simple as that. There is quite literally nothing more to elaborate on here.

I disagreed with the term harassment as whenever I see it I think of the Chiwi-Asbestos Gremlin harassment report and I don't think falls under that category. When I got the original ban, (and you guys can confirm this with moonshanks) I was offered a chance to avoid it, if I could seriously promise to not do it again. At the time, I wasn't able to do that, because I fundamentally disagreed with some members of staff, at this point, those members of staff are gone.

I hear why I am being told I "didn't put myself in the limelight" and should had thought a bit more about how my appeal would be received from a discord volunteer pov, having been one, but at the end of the day while I definitely did everything described in my ban, they do relate to other people, given it's for saying stuff about staff, so naturally I go over that a bit in my appeal.

I just don't have passion for CM that much anymore. I like the game, sure, but it doesn't have that super strong pull that lead me to be aggressive about which direction I think is best for staff/game/devs/ whatever. That's why I doubt Ill ever get in conflict with specific staff members again, I just don't care about the game that much anymore. And while I realize it sounds bad to say "all the people I had issues with left, got demoted, or fired", it's true. And given I don't care as much for the game now, I doubt ill end up having issues with people again.

I want to get back in the discord because I do enjoy the game, and interacting with the friends I've made here in LRC. I don't think I should have to be PASSIONATE about the game to be able to return to the discord, and I hope just wanting to hang out with some people I know and chat about CM is enough of a motivation.
    Do you understand that making low-effort appeals (short/does not address the issue/shitposts) may lead to immediate denial and/or other types of consequences?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assigned to the discord team for review!
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The discord team put their thoughts together and we ultimately believe that while you have grown, we don't believe that saying "I just don't have a passion for CM anymore" reflects well for essentially ignoring why you banned in the first place. To put it informally, nobody trusts that you won't be toxic. You've done less reflection/self-improvement and more justification for your situation. You're right in a since that you shouldn't be held back because you only want to participate in the discord and not CM itself. But so far, as a basis, you haven't done very much to show you're better since the last time you made an appeal. With those reasons in mind, your appeal is denied.
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler: