Date of Incident
    February 13, 2023

Your Character Name?
    Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Solidfury7

Accused Character Name
    Crimson or something

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    Between 17:00 and 18:00

What rule(s) were broken:
    3, 11

Description of the incident:
    Crimson and my character had their differences from the very beginning of the round. I shoved him until he fell to the ground, then tried moving into the Dropship, which was locked. I ended up tazed, charged with Assault & Resisting. Bit harsh, but alright.

Either way, my appeal gets denied and so on, my character is visibly and clearly irritated, Crimson tells him in a mocking way to "Complain to Provost" and my character says "You complain to Provost later when you are dead."

That can be understood as a Murder Threat or not. It is surely not clear, but perhaps one could go with assault. Thing is? He went with ATTEMPTED MURDER, just for those words. Not with assault for a threat, which he should have. He permabrigged me and basically ruined my round, not allowing me to play.

- Rule 3 states that being a dick is not admissible in this community.

- Rule 11 states that Malicious Compliance is not allowed (in this case, imposing excessive punishment and charging for things that are not right)

- Rule 11 also states that all Military Police roles are to follow the Marine Law, in this case, Crimson did not follow the Marine Law, arresting someone for Attempted Murder and PERMABRIGGING for something that can not even be fully classified as a threat.

Crimson is a seasoned MP, and is not his first time playing, so I truly think he acted with ill will, and effectively destroyed my round for more than an hour, with that permabrig which I never got out of.

Thanks for your time.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Tsunamico handled a bit of the situation. I could not gather logs because there was too much spam following end of round.

Do you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes
    Last edited by blackdragon; 02-14-2023 at 04:03 AM.

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notation of log pull for the specified incident:
    William 'Jester' Crimson as the MP
    Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans as the SL

Notes on this log pull:
    • Player is an SL
    • I had to trim out an excessive amount of verbal abuse from the SL to just leave the moment in question.
    • Entering the DS to avoid arrest is a rulebreak in itself
    • Excessive verbal abuse from the reporter has carried into following rounds and is not limited to this round.
    • SL clearly and knowingly lied about "bumping" into the MP

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by blackdragon; 02-14-2023 at 03:27 AM. Reason: minor points and clean up

Fax and Form Generator 5000

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdragon View Post
    Notation of log pull for the specified incident:
    William 'Jester' Crimson as the MP
    Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans as the SL

Notes on this log pull:
    • Player is an SL
    • I had to trim out an excessive amount of verbal abuse from the SL to just leave the moment in question.
    • Entering the DS to avoid arrest is a rulebreak in itself
    • Excessive verbal abuse from the reporter has carried into following rounds and is not limited to this round.
    • SL clearly and knowingly lied about "bumping" into the MP
    Why haven't you noted that Malicious Compliance has carried on by the reported party onto the following rounds aswell? Next round, he went Chief MP and the situation was nearly the same with other people, Alpha SL and Spec arrested from the very beginning and so on?

Moreover, the rule about the Dropship entry states:
    Causing riots on the dropship over an arrest before first drop will be considered round start shenanigans and staff members will intervene with OOC punishments. You shouldn’t lynch a MP and risk your career because they are arresting a marine who has entered the dropship. If you are wanted and enter the dropship to try and avoid arrest you will be held accountable if issues arise with MPs.

Why are you trying to paint this image now, hm? Are you trying to compare "causing riots on the DS" with me using blue intent action (shove) a couple times on a MP? That happens often and most times it doesn't even end in an arrest. Why did you not show the logs of that moment either buddy? He did not tell me to stop, or that I was gonna be arrested, he just started shooting with the taser like a maniac.

Why would you even note that my character "clearly and knowingly lied" about that IC event, which if anything, he just slightly downgraded with his words (again, no harm intent was used)

What kind of "notes" are these? I've never seen something like this in any other report. An admin who is retrieving logs focusing on painting a certain image on the player rather than publishing the logs themselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either way, I really don't want to allow this "admin" and his "notes" to try and cover up for this, the core of the report.

23:33:42]ADMIN: (William 'Jester' Crimson) jailed Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans for Murder or Unauthorized Execution.

He arrested me for Murder for saying "When you're dead later?, You complain to provost."

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will add logs of the attack as you complain they were left out.

Initial scuffle in the hangar. Raven disarmed Crimson multiple times. Crimson responds with tasers.
    [23:05:18]ATTACK: TheNewOrleans/(Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans) disarmed SolidFury7/(William 'Jester' Crimson) in the Hangar (115,40,4).
    [23:05:19]SAY: William 'Jester' Crimson [Command]: DS, unlock. (CKEY: SolidFury7) (JOB: Military Police)
    [23:05:20]ATTACK: TheNewOrleans/(Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans) disarmed SolidFury7/(William 'Jester' Crimson) in the Hangar (115,40,4).
    [23:05:31]ATTACK: SolidFury7/(William 'Jester' Crimson) tased TheNewOrleans/(Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans) in the Hangar (107,49,4).
    [23:05:31]ATTACK: TheNewOrleans/(Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans) disarmed SolidFury7/(William 'Jester' Crimson) in the Hangar (107,50,4).
    [23:05:31]ATTACK: SolidFury7/(William 'Jester' Crimson) accidentally fired disabler gun in the Hangar (107,51,4) triggered by TheNewOrleans/(Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans).
    [23:05:32]ATTACK: SolidFury7/(William 'Jester' Crimson) tased TheNewOrleans/(Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans) in the Hangar (107,50,4).
    [23:05:32]ATTACK: SolidFury7/(William 'Jester' Crimson) tased TheNewOrleans/(Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans) in the Hangar (107,49,4).
    [23:05:35]ATTACK: SolidFury7/(William 'Jester' Crimson) attempted to handcuff TheNewOrleans/(Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans) in the Hangar (106,49,4).
    [23:05:39]SAY: William 'Jester' Crimson [1]: Charge, assault, resisting. (CKEY: SolidFury7) (JOB: Military Police)
    [23:05:40]ATTACK: SolidFury7/(William 'Jester' Crimson) grabbed TheNewOrleans/(Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans) in the Hangar (106,49,4).

Raven calls out to the CO, who does not respond insulting crimson.
    [23:05:45]SAY: Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans [1]: A-Ah y-y-yes. (CKEY: TheNewOrleans) (JOB: Squad Leader)
    [23:05:51]SAY: Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans [1]: Arrest an SL for b-b-bumping o-onto you. (CKEY: TheNewOrleans) (JOB: Squad Leader)
    [23:05:53]SAY: Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans [1]: Y-You a-a-are s-s-so mart. (CKEY: TheNewOrleans) (JOB: Squad Leader)

[23:05:59]SAY: William 'Jester' Crimson [1]: Mhm. (CKEY: SolidFury7) (JOB: Military Police)
    [23:06:00]SAY: Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans [Command]: H-Hello, Colonel. (CKEY: TheNewOrleans) (JOB: Squad Leader)
    [23:06:06]SAY: Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans [Command]: Your fucking MP is arresting me for bumping onto him. (CKEY: TheNewOrleans) (JOB: Squad Leader)
    [23:06:10]SAY: Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans [Command]: Can you tell him to let go of me? (CKEY: TheNewOrleans) (JOB: Squad Leader)
    [23:06:24]SAY: Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans [1]: Colonel. (CKEY: TheNewOrleans) (JOB: Squad Leader)

[23:06:24]SAY: William 'Jester' Crimson [1]: CO. (CKEY: SolidFury7) (JOB: Military Police)
    [23:06:28]SAY: William 'Jester' Crimson [1]: I'll save your the trip. (CKEY: SolidFury7) (JOB: Military Police)

[23:06:28]SAY: Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans [1]: Can you tell this fucking retard to let me go? (CKEY: TheNewOrleans) (JOB: Squad Leader)
    [23:06:30]SAY: William 'Jester' Crimson [1]: This one is an idiot. (CKEY: SolidFury7) (JOB: Military Police)
    [23:06:38]SAY: Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans [1]: I'm a fucking SL. (CKEY: TheNewOrleans) (JOB: Squad Leader)
    [23:06:28]SAY: Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans [1]: Can you tell this fucking retard to let me go? (CKEY: TheNewOrleans) (JOB: Squad Leader)

Then there was the events of the log already posted. They cover that particular section just fine and I'm just going to copy them here.
    [23:30:36]SAY: William 'Jester' Crimson [1]: Mhm. (JOB: Military Police)
    [23:30:40]SAY: William 'Jester' Crimson [1]: Complain away. (JOB: Military Police)
    [23:30:45]SAY: Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans [1]: Crimson. (JOB: Squad Leader)
    [23:30:47]SAY: Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans [1]: When you're dead later? (JOB: Squad Leader)
    [23:30:49]SAY: Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans [1]: You complain to provost. (JOB: Squad Leader)
    [23:30:52]SAY: William 'Jester' Crimson [1]: Cool. (JOB: Military Police)
    [23:30:57]SAY: William 'Jester' Crimson [MP]: Prisoner threatened to kill me. (JOB: Military Police)
    [23:31:00]SAY: William 'Jester' Crimson [MP]: Upgrading charges. (JOB: Military Police)
    [23:31:02]SAY: Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans [1]: Get this fucking drunkard. (JOB: Squad Leader)
    [23:31:04]SAY: Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans [1]: Out of here. (JOB: Squad Leader)
    [23:31:07]ATTACK: (William 'Jester' Crimson) grabbed (Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans) in the Brig Cells (51,148,4).
    [23:31:09]ATTACK: (William 'Jester' Crimson) attempted to handcuff (Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans) in the Brig Processing and Holding (51,149,4).
    [23:31:17]SAY: Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans [1]: Why you cuffing me now? (JOB: Squad Leader)
    [23:31:20]ATTACK: (William 'Jester' Crimson) grabbed (Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans) in the Brig Processing and Holding (52,150,4).
    [23:31:26]SAY: William 'Jester' Crimson [1]: Threatening to murder me. (JOB: Military Police)
    [23:31:31]ADMIN: (William 'Jester' Crimson)(JMP) has paused the jail timer of Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans.
    [23:31:31]ADMIN: (William 'Jester' Crimson) paused the jail timer of Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans, Resisting Arrest, Assault, Disrespecting a Superior Officer.
    [23:31:33]SAY: Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans [1]: I did not say such thing. (JOB: Squad Leader)
    [23:31:37]SAY: Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans [1]: I said you'd be dead later. (JOB: Squad Leader)
    [23:31:39]SAY: Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans [1]: Not that I'd do it. (JOB: Squad Leader)
    [23:31:48]SAY: Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans [General]: CMP. (JOB: Squad Leader)
    [23:31:51]SAY: Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans [General]: CAN YOU FUCKING COME HERE CMP? (JOB: Squad Leader)
    [23:31:56]SAY: Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans [General]: CMP COME TO BRIG TO HANDLE THIS ALREADY. (JOB: Squad Leader)
    [23:32:04]SAY: Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans [General]: CMP WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU. (JOB: Squad Leader)
    [23:32:47]SAY: Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans [General]: CHIEF MP! (JOB: Squad Leader)
    [23:32:50]SAY: Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans [General]: CHIEF MP WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU! (JOB: Squad Leader)
    [23:32:59]SAY: Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans [General]: WHERE THE FUCKING HELL IS THE CMP? (JOB: Squad Leader)
    [23:33:11]SAY: Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans [1]: RO. (JOB: Squad Leader)
    [23:33:22]SAY: Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans [1]: The fuck are you doing? (JOB: Squad Leader)
    [23:33:42]ADMIN: (William 'Jester' Crimson) jailed Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans for Murder or Unauthorized Execution.
    [23:33:58]INTERACT: (William 'Jester' Crimson) tried to remove (Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans)'s handcuffs (handcuffs).
    [23:34:02]INTERACT: (William 'Jester' Crimson) removed (Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans)'s handcuffs (handcuffs) successfully.
    [23:34:06]EMOTE: Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans : cries out in pain!
    [23:34:06]ATTACK: (William 'Jester' Crimson) stunned (Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans) with the the stunbaton in the Brig Perma Cells (64,141,4).
    [23:34:08]ATTACK: (William 'Jester' Crimson) stunned (Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans) with the the stunbaton in the Brig Perma Cells (64,141,4).
    [23:34:09]ATTACK: (William 'Jester' Crimson) stunned (Nathaniel 'Raven' Evans) with the the stunbaton in the Brig Perma Cells (64,141,4).
    [23:34:16]SAY: William 'Jester' Crimson [1]: You have the right to appeal. (JOB: Military Police)

A conversation with the CO and Crimson which may be relevant
    [23:35:58]SAY: Greg Lauffer [MP]: Jester, why is the charlie SL in perma? (JOB: Commanding Officer)
    [23:36:37]SAY: William 'Jester' Crimson [MP]: He assaulted me ,resisted, insulted you, tried to threaten CMP in to an appeal, then they proceed to threaten to murder me. (CKEY: SolidFury7) (JOB: Military Police)
    [23:36:41]SAY: William 'Jester' Crimson [MP]: As such, perma-brig. (CKEY: SolidFury7) (JOB: Military Police)
    Last edited by Schalkguy; 02-15-2023 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Added colours

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I'm William Crimson.

Our first interaction was you wordlessly coming to me, shoving me over, then doing it again as SL. You proceeded to flee to the left side of the dropship, which was locked (full DS was locked) where you disarmed me and were tazered. You then proceeded to lie about the arrest (which is fine, it's IC).

You proceed to insult me during transportation, and when you were brigged. It was clear from the get-go that you had something to prove because all of this came from nowhere, for no logical reason. You appealed to the CMP, who proceeded to deny your appeal, as soon as the appeal was denied, you tried to get the CMP arrested and insulted them also. I believe you also insulted the CO also, as well as further throwing out plenty at myself. Your actions were clearly an intentional speed-run of the brig, your timer was already perma+ with the amount of crimes you had committed within the brig. When told to complain to the provost (iirc regarding the CMPs appeal), you proceeded to do the goofy action of threatening to murder me. The fact you did not explicitly say "I will murder you." is irrelevant, your comment is akin to the whole "M word" phrase used to call for mutiny in the past, its thinly veiled and a poor attempt to hide it.

We currently lack a threat to kill, the closest things we have are attempted murder and AWDW, I expressed to the staff online at the time of applying this charge, this requires clarification for future cases, however due to your, if I'm honest, quite unhinged behaviour, I was confident that you would attempt it, your unhinged behaviour was confirmed to me when later on, you proceeded to kill another prisoner in the perma cell, claiming self-defence.

This complaint is based around the fact that, the attempted murder charges verbiage is not specific on situations like this, which is intentional by design to prevent marine law requiring a lot more laws and specific language, instead we have clauses like spirit of the law to allow usage in niche situations. Your timer would have been perma, regardless of that charge, and that charge was added due to the clearly veiled threat of murdering me.

So, timer was the same as it would have been without that charge, so I am bemused on how you believe getting consequences for your IC actions is excessive. During our interactions and your interactions with everyone, I've noticed both ICly and OOCly, you've blown up on everyone, so I'm not taking this personally.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    Hello, I'm William Crimson.

Our first interaction was you wordlessly coming to me, shoving me over, then doing it again as SL. You proceeded to flee to the left side of the dropship, which was locked (full DS was locked) where you disarmed me and were tazered. You then proceeded to lie about the arrest (which is fine, it's IC).

You proceed to insult me during transportation, and when you were brigged. It was clear from the get-go that you had something to prove because all of this came from nowhere, for no logical reason. You appealed to the CMP, who proceeded to deny your appeal, as soon as the appeal was denied, you tried to get the CMP arrested and insulted them also. I believe you also insulted the CO also, as well as further throwing out plenty at myself. Your actions were clearly an intentional speed-run of the brig, your timer was already perma+ with the amount of crimes you had committed within the brig. When told to complain to the provost (iirc regarding the CMPs appeal), you proceeded to do the goofy action of threatening to murder me. The fact you did not explicitly say "I will murder you." is irrelevant, your comment is akin to the whole "M word" phrase used to call for mutiny in the past, its thinly veiled and a poor attempt to hide it.

We currently lack a threat to kill, the closest things we have are attempted murder and AWDW, I expressed to the staff online at the time of applying this charge, this requires clarification for future cases, however due to your, if I'm honest, quite unhinged behaviour, I was confident that you would attempt it, your unhinged behaviour was confirmed to me when later on, you proceeded to kill another prisoner in the perma cell, claiming self-defence.

This complaint is based around the fact that, the attempted murder charges verbiage is not specific on situations like this, which is intentional by design to prevent marine law requiring a lot more laws and specific language, instead we have clauses like spirit of the law to allow usage in niche situations. Your timer would have been perma, regardless of that charge, and that charge was added due to the clearly veiled threat of murdering me.

So, timer was the same as it would have been without that charge, so I am bemused on how you believe getting consequences for your IC actions is excessive. During our interactions and your interactions with everyone, I've noticed both ICly and OOCly, you've blown up on everyone, so I'm not taking this personally.
    Dude, both Assault & AWDW cover "threats". You know what doesn't cover a single verbal threat? MURDER. Which is the charge you used.

Every single time you are MP, or specially, CMP, I see tons of complaints of police abuse, the very next round after our situation, SL & Spec of Alpha got arrested, always complaining about you. Why is that, I wonder?

If

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleans View Post
    Dude, both Assault & AWDW cover "threats". You know what doesn't cover a single verbal threat? MURDER. Which is the charge you used.

Every single time you are MP, or specially, CMP, I see tons of complaints of police abuse, the very next round after our situation, SL & Spec of Alpha got arrested, always complaining about you. Why is that, I wonder?

If
    I addressed the comment regarding the threat to use a deadly weapon versus the threat of murdering someone, I made a judgement call and as I said, at the time I expressed this needed to be clarified further to other staff online for future cases. Regardless, this made no impact to your time within the brig as your charges would be regardless above the perma threshold. You still had the ability to appeal which you did not use after your further charges were applied.

So regardless of the specific charge applied you'd have been in the permabrig with the possibility for execution.

This isn't a situation where i turned damage to property to sedition for maliciousness, this was choosing between what charges you would receive, with both paths end results almost exactly the same conditions, and rights. One path made more sense ICly and contextually and I took that route.

I've had few mp rounds in the last year, and especially not in that timezone so I find the latter comments slightly funny. The specialist that round was roleplaying smoking crack in briefing, the squad leader interfered with his arrest. Your role doesn't protect you from the consequences of your actions. But yeah, none of that has anything to do with this report.

Your complaint, in essence, implying "He's a dick because he applied one large charge which doesnt fit word for word, with perma time, rather than the multiple charges with the same timer". The result would be almost the exact same. So yeah, despite being able to reflect on this and I'd probably send a fax about it or message someone about it first, I find it difficult to see this report for anything beyond you getting tilted because you did goofy shit, paid the price for it, and saw a potential gap to "get back" at mps, which tbh makes sense with the information blackdragon seems to have dug up from multiple rounds.

You committed a copious amount of crimes as a squad leader, and proceeded to insult and threaten everyone involved until you had enough standard charges to be perma brigged, and then proceed to throw reports around like candy.

I'll probably be leaving it at that unless staff need anything expanding on because, if I'm honest, this is a mountain over a molehill and I've spent enough time on it already.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solidfury will be reminded to use the proper charge next time, even if using another will end up with the same outcome. Resolved.