Marine Name
    Jim 'Jam' Miller

Other Whitelist Applications
    N.A.

Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Paul

What is your Synthetic's Personality?
    Music enthusiast - Paul is interested in the adverse psychological effects music can have on humans. Paul would enjoy getting into discussions about music-related things e.g. a certain cassette colour. favourite musical artist or a favourite instrument of theirs.

Attentive to detail - Paul would be the first to notice something is missing or someone is absent and would likely be the first to notify command or the owner of the said object about the missing person/item.

Casual - Paul is Weyland-Yutani's attempt to get support/backing from hipsters and skaters, thus meaning Paul is often rather casual in his demeanor and often uses
    informal slang, the side effect of this is that it he has become a hit with the colonial marines. If he were to talk to a marine who was angry for example, he would say something along the lines of "You need to take a chill pill man!" or "Chillax dude!", he would become more formal equating to the rank/situation.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I enjoy playing support roles and seeing people benefit from any effort I put in. I also enjoy the RP of CM, and synthetic is a nice mix of the two with lots of opportunities for Role-playing.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
    I had spawned in as a CL survivor on LV-624, I had just gotten to nexus and was about to enter the marshal's office to get a webbing vest when I met a synthetic (which I cannot remember the name of cause it was six months ago), I proceeded to greet them and they greeted me back while they proceeded to mop the floors.

Just as I had gotten out of marshals a runner pounced on me and proceeded to slash me as the synthetic said things like "Stop that!" while continuing to mop the floors, after a second pounce the runner managed to decapitate me, all while the synth watched.

While at the time I was pretty pissed, I now find the situation funny looking back at it.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Answer needs 100 words apparently so I am just going to set the theme :

Boot up sequence initiated…

Time of activation: 03:21 AM

Date: 28/7/2182

Current location: Lv-565 - Neroid Sector

Booting up processing systems…

Task complete.

Checking firearms restrictions…

Firearms restriction active…

Activating motors…

Task complete.

Reading current power levels…

Power is currently at 98%.

Scanning Current status…

Fully operational.

Checking for a valid company warranty…

Valid company warrant found.

Running Diagnostics…

Diagnostics complete.

Synthetic unit - Paul is active and ready for service.

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I can do pretty much anything engineering wise, be it hack a door, make OT items, fix/take apart APCs, built and dismantle cades and walls, how to make a good FOB and how to things like colony power, comms and cades.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I know how to do things like using the OW consoles, sending supply crates down and how to use the consoles in the centre. I do also know how to load the OB cannon properly and not mess up the fuel amount.

And I know how to fire the OB cannon but it's not like I will be using it!

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Medical -
    It's one of my strongest suits, I know surgery and medicines like the back of my hand, who to and who not to defib and the basic triage order to defib in (yellows with high damage first, greens with low damage last).

Chemistry -
    I know how to make the basic chem mixes that medics ask e.g. IA, KD, MB, TD, IS, and NW. And how to mix chems without blowing up or turning into Ghost Rider.

Research -
    Probably my weakest link, medical-wise anyways, for the botany and machine side of it anyways, the actual chemical making and formula following I can do fine.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I don't have very many hours in req but I know how to handle lines, how to operate the ASRS console and what to and what not to spend money ordering and what to pack in a generic FOB crate E.g. marking flare packs, MRE boxes, supplies for engineers, ammunition, mortar ammo and spec ammo if requested for.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Example 1: I am returning to the FOB with a wounded marine and a spitter proceeds to attack me and the wounded marine. I could fend them off while running back to a safe area or until they had fallen into crit/ran off to heal.

Example 2: I am in a caded location E.g. FOB/survivor holdout and unattended cades are being attacked by a defender, I would be able to slap the defender until it has stopped attacking the cades.

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Discord Ban Reason
    -

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I would like to thank anyone who took the time to read my story!

And an even bigger thanks to the people that helped me turn the story from a subpar mess into an actual story!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello.

Could I ask about what you mean by this part of it?
    'Music enthusiast - Paul is interested in the adverse psychological effects music can have on humans.'

Specifically, the 'adverse psychological effects' - is it simply a misspelling or supposed to be some kind of dark-side torture deal, with sonic weaponry or similar?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagomorphica View Post
    Specifically, the 'adverse psychological effects' - is it simply a misspelling or supposed to be some kind of dark-side torture deal, with sonic weaponry or similar?
    You would be right on the misspelling part, I meant to put down "Diverse" rather than "Adverse". Thank you for spotting that, sorry for any misunderstandings!
    Last edited by foxtrot1322; 02-16-2023 at 02:21 PM.

Synthetic Council Member QuickLoad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Foxtrot, thanks for your application and interest into becoming a Synthetic!

To start with the review of your app, I am gonna say that your quirk/personality for Paul is decent. I think it's better suited for a civilian workplace environment instead of a military one, such as your story, but it's still completely viable for the USS Almayer (as her replacement synthetic). I think it's also a wonderful personality for a colony synth.

The answers you provided for your aspiration of the WL is nice, I think that Synthetic is just an amazing role for RP and support. I'm glad that it resonates with your interests.

Speaking of your story, besides two minor typos I couldn't find anything wrong with it. The narration is very nicely done and I think that it's a pretty engaging story. It serves your character right and does help provide a good example of your RP, and Paul's personality. I can only imagine that a similar scenario could play out on the colony RP server or colony events. It is very suitable for Paul's personality.

Your experience answers are good and properly show your dynamic range when it comes to different roles and jobs that a Synthetic might have to tackle.

The combat answers are also good.

To wrap things up, I think your application is good. I personally recall you being doctor on several occasions and having a solid amount of competence. I've also seen you RP well, though you can definitely beef it up more while playing as a Synthetic. Others have also vouched for your work in certain support roles in the past. My recommendation to you would be to play a bit more as USCM Doctor/Corpsman and get fresh vouches from new people. Good job and good luck on your application!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickLoad View Post
    Hey Foxtrot, thanks for your application and interest into becoming a Synthetic!

To start with the review of your app, I am gonna say that your quirk/personality for Paul is decent. I think it's better suited for a civilian workplace environment instead of a military one, such as your story, but it's still completely viable for the USS Almayer (as her replacement synthetic). I think it's also a wonderful personality for a colony synth.

The answers you provided for your aspiration of the WL is nice, I think that Synthetic is just an amazing role for RP and support. I'm glad that it resonates with your interests.

Speaking of your story, besides two minor typos I couldn't find anything wrong with it. The narration is very nicely done and I think that it's a pretty engaging story. It serves your character right and does help provide a good example of your RP, and Paul's personality. I can only imagine that a similar scenario could play out on the colony RP server or colony events. It is very suitable for Paul's personality.

Your experience answers are good and properly show your dynamic range when it comes to different roles and jobs that a Synthetic might have to tackle.

The combat answers are also good.

To wrap things up, I think your application is good. I personally recall you being doctor on several occasions and having a solid amount of competence. I've also seen you RP well, though you can definitely beef it up more while playing as a Synthetic. Others have also vouched for your work in certain support roles in the past. My recommendation to you would be to play a bit more as USCM Doctor/Corpsman and get fresh vouches from new people. Good job and good luck on your application!
    Thanks for the feedback!

Sorry about the time that it took for me to respond, I just figured it would be better to respond once I had actually played more medical roles!

I have taken your advice and have been playing combat medic more recently!

Thank you again for the advice.
    Last edited by foxtrot1322; 03-07-2023 at 05:23 PM.

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The personality and story is good. The experience answers are the minimum, and if not for vouches, it would not have been accepted. Accepted it is. Welcome to the Synthetic White List.