Date of Incident
    January 25, 2023

Your Character Name?
    Kat 'APC' Smith

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Ahana

Accused Character Name
    Laurencia Beck

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    12:00 am CST

What rule(s) were broken:
    3, 11

Description of the incident:
    Yesterday at briefing, I (PFC) threw tofu at Laurencia Beck (CMP) several times before she attempted to arrest me for assault.

I ran from her through the briefing crowd where she attempted to tase me and hit multiple people, before boarding the dropship and hiding inside a stasis bag. Multiple MPs, include the MW, searched the dropship for me but could not find me. This resulted in the MW being shot.

I was discovered, taken to brig, and waited for several minutes to be processed with another person, but weren't processed for some time. We weren't told what our charges were. Eventually I escaped before I was processed when the MP on duty opened medical to get another prisoner treatment. I boarded the DS again and ran planetside.

When I returned to fob later in the op, I was arrested by the MP waiting there for me and brought back shipside. I was informed that the prisoner who attempted to escape at the same time as me was in perma for jailbreak, so I believed I would be also sent to perma for jailbreak (despite the fact that it's not jailbreak if you escape before you're processed and put in a cell).

Once there, I was charged with assault, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, and major insubordination. Assault was for throwing the tofu, disorderly conduct for running through the crowd to escape the CMP, resisting arrest is fairly self explanatory, and major insubordination for refusing to stop throwing tofu.

I'd like to contest these charges on both grounds of breaking ML and malicious compliance.

The first charge, assault, is fairly self-explanatory. Assault has always been shoving and pushing, not throwing items. I'd say this is breaking ML. Going back to exact wording of ML however, says that assault is defined as "To threaten or use physical force against someone with ill intent, but without intent to kill." Throwing tofu at someone with armor on does 0 damage and does not constitute physical force. Moreover, if assault suddenly includes the definition of throwing items onto the same square as a person is on, half of the front should be arrested for throwing flares on the same tiles that other marines are on.

The second charge was for disorderly conduct, because I attempted to evade arrest by fleeing with the crowd as brief had been dismissed at that moment. I think it's fairly obvious to say that this cannot be applied as disorderly conduct because it was Beck's choice to pursue me and create discord- not to mention the fact that it was not my actions that created discord. I didn't attempt to control the crowd, incite it, yell "STOP THE CMP!" or any other such actions. I only ran with the crowd.

Resisting arrest is a charge I won't argue, that was pretty clear and 100% a clear and straightforward application of ML.

The final charge, major insubordination, was because the CMP told me to stop throwing tofu. I did explicitly disobey a direct order here, however, this was tacked on after all my other charges. When I was first processed, the CMP said I'd drawn up "quite a list" and when I joked that three charges wasn't much and asked if she was gonna hit me with sexual harassment for throwing tofu at her, she added major insub to the charges.

In the end, I believe the charges added up to something like 25 minutes. However, I was quite surprised that I didn't get perma for jailbreak like my other inmate did, because we attempted to escape at the same time- before processing and charges, and before being placed in cells. The only difference is that he was caught. I can only speculate as to why she didn't apply perma to me, maybe the logs will point something out. I believe I asked but she didn't reply.

I took action in round by ahelping. One confirmed to me that it didn't count as jailbreak if you escaped before processing or incarceration. The other informed me that throwing things counted as assault, and that it was dumb but that MPs could abuse ML easily. It's worth noting that another admin at another point did say throwing things wasn't assault, and even if it does count as assault, the other staff member good as admitted that Beck was abusing ML again to get people in prison. I also faxed the provost, but didn't receive a reply, as it was near end of round. I told the staff member that since it was near the end of the round and I didn't want to hold things up, I'd player report it, and he agreed.

I think it's pretty obvious that stacking all of these charges for something that affected her maybe 5-6 seconds of the round is disproportionate to the crime and breaks malicious compliance. I also think it's pretty obvious that stacking these charges was deliberate and malicious to get me as much jail time as possible. I'd also like to note that I requested an appeal to command, and she phrased it by saying something along the lines of "Your darling sweetheart Katherine Smith wants an out for the mess she caused on the dropship" which is a). weird since I know the major only by name only and b). blaming me for her orders to search the dropship. It might have been "has excuses", I'm not too sure on the exact wording of the sentence.

Her history of incidents like these further supports my claim. I'd like to request another jban from MP for Beck. It's pretty obvious that she hasn't changed from her actions that got her banned previously, and is clearing trying to edge around the malicious compliance rule. Almost every round she's in, there's a 20 minute delay to round end because someone is ahelping her. It's exhausting for players, and I'm sure even more so for staff. I'm honestly sorry for making staff go through yet another player report against Beck and pulls logs and all that, but this seriously needs to end.

Added note: If there are any discrepancies between my words and the logs I apologize, I was fighting a migraine yesterday and ended the round with a full blown headache.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    None, I took a video but I can't find it. I'm not sure if it didn't save, saved somewhere else, deleted itself, or what. It was pretty short anyways.

Do you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello.

I recorded this round. I'm going to cut the clips so the situations here are shown in full detail, and explanation from what I have. If I also encounter her in brig in the clips, I will post those as well. I'll give any explanations I have with those, too.

However, I believe this is a rule breach of rule 3 for multiple reasons:

- You baited me and were genuinely trying to get me to act
    - You tried to bait me onto the dropship
    - You are trying to accuse me of things which YOU begin for no apparent reason with warnings to stop
    - I believe you are deliberately trying to damage my reputation by antagonizing me and then blowing things out of proportion

Causing riots on the dropship over an arrest before first drop will be considered round start shenanigans and staff members will intervene with OOC punishments. You shouldn’t lynch a MP and risk your career because they are arresting a marine who has entered the dropship. If you are wanted and enter the dropship to try and avoid arrest you will be held accountable if issues arise with MPs.
    - Warden ended up dying
    - You delayed the dropship deployment even further because we were trying to drag you off
    - Other MPs had to scuffle
    - Alpha SL ended up deserting over this

I would like DarkLordCabbage to be added to this report for Rule 2. Roleplay and Rule 3. Community Expectations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there, I'll address a few of these issues. I horseplay with pretty much everyone- I table people, shove em, throw things at people, poke and prod em, etc. I had no idea you could even arrest for assault on basis of throwing things, and I had no idea you even could arrest for something like that. I also didn't think you were going to take something like that that harshly- it's a video game, you got a few trays of tofu thrown at your character over the course of 5-6 seconds. It was never my intention to get you to try and arrest me. I had made plans with Tater before joining the round to team up and play some PFC with him, and I had no desire to spend any time in brig when we had already arranged load outs and made plans ahead of time. I really had no desire for you to chase me onto the dropship either- if I had, I probably would've stood on the dropship and screamed something like, "I'M ON THE DROPSHIP, COME GET ME!". I just wanted to deploy groundside with Tater, not get caught up with more mp drama. I have no control over your actions to send MPs after... well, after a tofu throwing case. I have no control over the other marines, or over the other MPs themselves. I have no control over the Alpha Sl's decision to desert. I really didn't want any kerfuffle, and honestly wasn't thinking 3-4 MPs would start scouring the dropship because I threw tofu at you, but I guess I should've, with your track record.

Also, I'm sorry you feel that I'm trying to damage your reputation. If you'll pardon me saying, your reputation is already a uh... strong one, and I'm not sure I need to do anything to make some people view you negatively, as the large majority of the community has already formed their opinions. Again, I was just trying to play a round with a friend. I was not trying to bait you or get involved in anything, and the last thing I wanted to do was to write a player report because lord knows everybody has had enough of people player reporting and ahelping you.

Occasionally, you seem like a genuinely funny person when you rp. When you play other characters that don't do MP jobs, everything seems to go smoothly. I would honestly really like it if we could be on amicable terms (although I get this is rather rich of me, and fully do not blame you for being mad at me) but I can't help but protest your actions because I feel you're being unfair to others with your application of ML.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is my footage from briefing + my end of the dropship:
    https://youtu.be/L2fGBlHbLJs

I don't think people wanted to hear my evil CMP theme of Taylor Swift or Meghan Trainor playing in the background, so I just replaced it with some lax music SS13-themed music I made. I am also not the best editor, so this took me a while to figure out how to chop up clips. If the other interactions with her and I in brig are requested, I can get them and try to clip those out as well.

I believe this clearly shows her intention of trying to bait me into this whole ordeal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday at briefing, I (PFC) threw tofu at Laurencia Beck (CMP) several times before she attempted to arrest me for assault.

I ran from her through the briefing crowd where she attempted to tase me and hit multiple people, before boarding the dropship and hiding inside a stasis bag. Multiple MPs, include the MW, searched the dropship for me but could not find me. This resulted in the MW being shot.
    1. This is a violation of Rule 2. Roleplay, Dropship Arrests & Riots. You directly ran and tried to evade via dropship. This led to the warden being shot, dead.
    2. You purposely escalated this and admit it by using a crowd to separate yourself from me in order to cause disruption, and admit it.
    3. The Commanding Officer ordered you to brig, yet you still decided to continue forth.
    4. You were warned multiple times to stop throwing tofu at me, and you assaulted an RTO to steal his tofu to take and throw at me.

When I returned to fob later in the op, I was arrested by the MP waiting there for me and brought back shipside. I was informed that the prisoner who attempted to escape at the same time as me was in perma for jailbreak, so I believed I would be also sent to perma for jailbreak (despite the fact that it's not jailbreak if you escape before you're processed and put in a cell).
    This has nothing to do with me, report the MP who processed you, even though I never saw you end up with jailbreak.

Once there, I was charged with assault, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, and major insubordination. Assault was for throwing the tofu, disorderly conduct for running through the crowd to escape the CMP, resisting arrest is fairly self explanatory, and major insubordination for refusing to stop throwing tofu.

I'd like to contest these charges on both grounds of breaking ML and malicious compliance.
    1. You fully admit these charges are valid through your actions.
    2. You baited me into arresting you.
    3. You furthermore broke the rules by baiting MPs onto the dropship, causing them to die.
    4. You assaulted me by repeatedly throwing food in my face, and attacked an RTO to steal HIS tofu to throw in my face - after being ordered multiple times to stop.

If anyone here should be blamed for malicious intent, you should be you. You baited me by antagonizing me to the point it was obnoxious and annoying, even after being told multiple times to stop. You had malicious intent in antagonizing me, just so you could last-minute submit this report.

The first charge, assault, is fairly self-explanatory. Assault has always been shoving and pushing, not throwing items. I'd say this is breaking ML. Going back to exact wording of ML however, says that assault is defined as "To threaten or use physical force against someone with ill intent, but without intent to kill." Throwing tofu at someone with armor on does 0 damage and does not constitute physical force. Moreover, if assault suddenly includes the definition of throwing items onto the same square as a person is on, half of the front should be arrested for throwing flares on the same tiles that other marines are on.
    What the hell did you do at 1:02 in my video clip then? Did you not shove down an RTO to take their tofu and continuously attack me with it? "Ugh, the CMP told me to stop throwing tofu in their face! Let me knock down a comrade, take his tofu, and shove more in her face with it!"

The second charge was for disorderly conduct, because I attempted to evade arrest by fleeing with the crowd as brief had been dismissed at that moment. I think it's fairly obvious to say that this cannot be applied as disorderly conduct because it was Beck's choice to pursue me and create discord- not to mention the fact that it was not my actions that created discord. I didn't attempt to control the crowd, incite it, yell "STOP THE CMP!" or any other such actions. I only ran with the crowd.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

"I'm going to run into this crowd, force the CMP to discharge her taser into it, just so I can evade arrest because I refused to stop throwing tofu in her face!"
    You also did this during briefing, after being given multiple chances to stop it. This timer was also the least out of any charges you got put on you.

Resisting arrest is a charge I won't argue, that was pretty clear and 100% a clear and straightforward application of ML.
    You are lucky you didn't net a desertion charge for refusing to come back to the ship and go to brig when told you.

The final charge, major insubordination, was because the CMP told me to stop throwing tofu. I did explicitly disobey a direct order here, however, this was tacked on after all my other charges. When I was first processed, the CMP said I'd drawn up "quite a list" and when I joked that three charges wasn't much and asked if she was gonna hit me with sexual harassment for throwing tofu at her, she added major insub to the charges.
    Are you going to tell me, that, after multiple warnings to stop throwing tofu at me, then attacking someone else to take their tofu to throw at me, me detaining you was malicious??? I'm sorry - I should've bowed down to you in order to get your attention to stop throwing tofu at me. After all, it was me being obnoxious, telling you to stop throwing tofu in my face! It's what any reasonable enlisted would do.

In the end, I believe the charges added up to something like 25 minutes. However, I was quite surprised that I didn't get perma for jailbreak like my other inmate did, because we attempted to escape at the same time- before processing and charges, and before being placed in cells. The only difference is that he was caught. I can only speculate as to why she didn't apply perma to me, maybe the logs will point something out. I believe I asked but she didn't reply.
    Because I didn't decide to stretch the laws and perma you for desertion. I'm sorry I gave you a 25 minute sentence after you broke various rules and antagonized me, and refused to follow several warnings.

I took action in round by ahelping. One confirmed to me that it didn't count as jailbreak if you escaped before processing or incarceration. The other informed me that throwing things counted as assault, and that it was dumb but that MPs could abuse ML easily. It's worth noting that another admin at another point did say throwing things wasn't assault, and even if it does count as assault, the other staff member good as admitted that Beck was abusing ML again to get people in prison. I also faxed the provost, but didn't receive a reply, as it was near end of round. I told the staff member that since it was near the end of the round and I didn't want to hold things up, I'd player report it, and he agreed.
    I'm sorry - were you at any point perma'd for jailbreak? Why did you decide to include this? Which administrators decided multiple warnings, and you breaching roleplay rules, was in any capacity my fault in malicious compliance?

I think it's pretty obvious that stacking all of these charges for something that affected her maybe 5-6 seconds of the round is disproportionate to the crime and breaks malicious compliance. I also think it's pretty obvious that stacking these charges was deliberate and malicious to get me as much jail time as possible. I'd also like to note that I requested an appeal to command, and she phrased it by saying something along the lines of "Your darling sweetheart Katherine Smith wants an out for the mess she caused on the dropship" which is a). weird since I know the major only by name only and b). blaming me for her orders to search the dropship. It might have been "has excuses", I'm not too sure on the exact wording of the sentence.
    You being obnoxious and baiting me in order to make this report is a grievous violation of rule 3, which just so happens to contain malicious compliance. If I wanted to max out your jailtime, I would've perma'd you for desertion after you fled the ship after being ordered to brig, and refusing to return, for desertion. And yes, I was being passive-aggressive, which was unprofessional of me in a CMP capacity, but I don't believe broke any rules. I also think it's ludicrously dumb you blame ME for having MPs go on the dropship to detain YOU after YOU decided to flee to it. "I committed a crime and ran away, but it's the MPs fault for chasing me and adding resisting arrest!!!"

Her history of incidents like these further supports my claim. I'd like to request another jban from MP for Beck. It's pretty obvious that she hasn't changed from her actions that got her banned previously, and is clearing trying to edge around the malicious compliance rule. Almost every round she's in, there's a 20 minute delay to round end because someone is ahelping her. It's exhausting for players, and I'm sure even more so for staff. I'm honestly sorry for making staff go through yet another player report against Beck and pulls logs and all that, but this seriously needs to end.
    Let's talk about your history. You've received minimum one warning - and I believe a ban - over targeting my reputation explicitly. You know what's exhausting? People like you baiting me, having a meltdown over it and writing a player report, because you decided to antagonize me and start things, and then wind up in a brig cell after you cause a dropship riot and IE, causing another player to die and get taken out of the round because you couldn't take the time out of your day to walk to brig or stop being obnoxious.

Hey there, I'll address a few of these issues. I horseplay with pretty much everyone- I table people, shove em, throw things at people, poke and prod em, etc. I had no idea you could even arrest for assault on basis of throwing things, and I had no idea you even could arrest for something like that. I also didn't think you were going to take something like that that harshly- it's a video game, you got a few trays of tofu thrown at your character over the course of 5-6 seconds. It was never my intention to get you to try and arrest me. I had made plans with Tater before joining the round to team up and play some PFC with him, and I had no desire to spend any time in brig when we had already arranged load outs and made plans ahead of time. I really had no desire for you to chase me onto the dropship either- if I had, I probably would've stood on the dropship and screamed something like, "I'M ON THE DROPSHIP, COME GET ME!". I just wanted to deploy groundside with Tater, not get caught up with more mp drama. I have no control over your actions to send MPs after... well, after a tofu throwing case. I have no control over the other marines, or over the other MPs themselves. I have no control over the Alpha Sl's decision to desert. I really didn't want any kerfuffle, and honestly wasn't thinking 3-4 MPs would start scouring the dropship because I threw tofu at you, but I guess I should've, with your track record.
    This entire paragraph makes my mind want to go numb. If you don't want MPs to try to detain you on the dropship, don't antagonize the CMP, run into a crowd to evade her arrest, and then hide on the dropship and refuse to come out when ordered to.

Also, I'm sorry you feel that I'm trying to damage your reputation. If you'll pardon me saying, your reputation is already a uh... strong one, and I'm not sure I need to do anything to make some people view you negatively, as the large majority of the community has already formed their opinions. Again, I was just trying to play a round with a friend. I was not trying to bait you or get involved in anything, and the last thing I wanted to do was to write a player report because lord knows everybody has had enough of people player reporting and ahelping you.
    Yet you still decided to waste both our time by making this player report after you antagonized me, breaking several rules doing so, then for some reason, trying to pin the blame on me.

Occasionally, you seem like a genuinely funny person when you rp. When you play other characters that don't do MP jobs, everything seems to go smoothly. I would honestly really like it if we could be on amicable terms (although I get this is rather rich of me, and fully do not blame you for being mad at me) but I can't help but protest your actions because I feel you're being unfair to others with your application of ML.
    How in the hell was I unfair to you? Did I not give you 10 more warnings to be enough? Did I not try to give you ample time to come with me? Did the CO not give you enough cycles to come off the dropship and to brig willingly???

I find this report egregious that you attempt to report me over something you explicitly caused. You directly tried to bait me, got my warden killed on the dropship because you decided to use the briefing crowd escape and refused to get off, and then had the audacity to post this report after I was more than fair with you.

I have personally tried to level with you in DMs. I have tried to get staff to intervene. And yet you still try to accuse me of ludicrous things because you can't seem to get over your grudge against me. I expect you to be the one walking out of here with a note or ban.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, we’ve already addressed the stuff in round, and I feel like we could go in circles talking about this, except for one thing: I feel that your arrest of the delta at 2:07 was demonstrating precisely why I reported you. Instead of going after me, you doubled back and arrested someone because they had gotten in your way when you were trying to arrest me, while they were just trying to walk down the stairs. Are they guilty of minor interference? Yes. Were they just minding their own business and trying to get to the dropship? Yes. Is it pretty obvious that you were frustrated, because I slipped out of your grip, and decided to take out your frustration on someone who’d nothing other than try to walk down the stairs, when you could have been pursuing me instead? In my opinion, yes.

Let’s address the metagrudge thing real quick: I have no notes or bans about any meta grudges, much less one targeting you. You said I was baiting you and then submitted a last second report. If I was baiting you, why would I wait so long to make a report? Why not immediately punch the report button? You say you’ve leveled with me in discord messages, but I was the one to reach out to you, offering a chance to resolve things in private because I didn’t want more drama and I wanted to hear your side of the story. You didn’t contact me on your own. I haven’t been contacted by any staff members trying to resolve things between us, but if you would like to do so, that is an option. If I had a meta grudge against you, why would I roleplay with you and the provost in that round yesterday, when we accused the provost of having a crush on the warden and stealing your bedsheets?

I have literally 0 desire for a grudge against you. You can be genuinely funny and I’ve had some fun RP experiences with you. My only issue is how you utilize marine law. Multiple people say you’re cool outside of cm, and it’s only that when you play MP that there’re issues. I had a lot of fun with the provost round the other night with you, and it would honestly be really awesome if we could have more rounds like that. I just don’t want more rounds where people get arrested because you could find a reason to in ML.

I understand that you’re angry and frustrated with me, which is completely fair. I went back and combed the rules (The thing about dropship escapes wasn’t in marine law, rule-clarifications, or marine law updates. It was in the rules page on the wiki, go figure) and I was wrong to hide on the dropship. It doesn’t change your other actions in the round.

Regardless, if you have a problem with this or something else about me, and want me to to be noted or banned, make a new player report. A player report is not a way for the person reported to go, “well I want them to be banned or noted, they’re totally doing xyz!” In the future, please put all accusations about me metagrudging in a new player report.

I’ll probably wait until logs are posted to respond anymore, because we really are going in circles. I hope we can have more fun rounds like the one we did the other day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me break this down step by step just for you.

Alright, we’ve already addressed the stuff in round, and I feel like we could go in circles talking about this, except for one thing: I feel that your arrest of the delta at 2:07 was demonstrating precisely why I reported you.
    Thank goodness I can read the rules, and apparently read the player report that you wrote better than you, you reported me over the crimes I put on your JAS sheet - not what I did to the delta. Alongside the delta, you can't report me on behalf of another player. If they want to make a report because they decided to intentionally bodyblock me during what he obviously seen was an arrest, he can. I also think instead of trying to clip this out of context is another example of you trying to drag my name through the mud, if you'd start the clip at 1:50, you clearly see he intentionally blocks me and I shoot past him, yet he still blocks me until I know I wont be able to reach you any more, so I detain him for interference and dispatch my MPs to deal with the most problematic player of the round: you.

Instead of going after me, you doubled back and arrested someone because they had gotten in your way when you were trying to arrest me, while they were just trying to walk down the stairs. Are they guilty of minor interference? Yes. Were they just minding their own business and trying to get to the dropship? Yes.
    She is clearly lying in this player report after I literally posted the evidence proving otherwise. They were not minding their own business. They were interfering in a situation SHE caused.

Is it pretty obvious that you were frustrated, because I slipped out of your grip, and decided to take out your frustration on someone who’d nothing other than try to walk down the stairs, when you could have been pursuing me instead? In my opinion, yes.
    " i just whined about beck even trying to detain me and now i say she is participating in malicious compliance because she chose someone else first because i broke the rules ! ! ! "

Let’s address the metagrudge thing real quick: I have no notes or bans about any meta grudges, much less one targeting you. You said I was baiting you and then submitted a last second report. If I was baiting you, why would I wait so long to make a report? Why not immediately punch the report button? You say you’ve leveled with me in discord messages, but I was the one to reach out to you, offering a chance to resolve things in private because I didn’t want more drama and I wanted to hear your side of the story. You didn’t contact me on your own. I haven’t been contacted by any staff members trying to resolve things between us, but if you would like to do so, that is an option. If I had a meta grudge against you, why would I roleplay with you and the provost in that round yesterday, when we accused the provost of having a crush on the warden and stealing your bedsheets?
    I ask her Discord note history regarding me be posted. I personally contacted the Discord manager over this because she started making copy-pastas about me to drag me through the mud.

I have literally 0 desire for a grudge against you. You can be genuinely funny and I’ve had some fun RP experiences with you. My only issue is how you utilize marine law. Multiple people say you’re cool outside of cm, and it’s only that when you play MP that there’re issues. I had a lot of fun with the provost round the other night with you, and it would honestly be really awesome if we could have more rounds like that. I just don’t want more rounds where people get arrested because you could find a reason to in ML.
    Obviously I cause more detriment to you being near you than any good, because you submitted this player report.

I understand that you’re angry and frustrated with me, which is completely fair. I went back and combed the rules (The thing about dropship escapes wasn’t in marine law, rule-clarifications, or marine law updates. It was in the rules page on the wiki, go figure) and I was wrong to hide on the dropship. It doesn’t change your other actions in the round.
    " i admit i broke the rules but i still want to make a player report over beck about it "

Regardless, if you have a problem with this or something else about me, and want me to to be noted or banned, make a new player report. A player report is not a way for the person reported to go, “well I want them to be banned or noted, they’re totally doing xyz!” In the future, please put all accusations about me metagrudging in a new player report.
    I already asked management to look into your malicious intent with this report. There's no need to wait for it to happen again.

I’ll probably wait until logs are posted to respond anymore, because we really are going in circles. I hope we can have more fun rounds like the one we did the other day.
    "I want you jobbanned - but I still want to play MP roles with you!"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be handling the logs shortly.

While awaiting this, keep things factual and to the point.

I will also add that this report appears to have some misunderstandings regarding how the JAS system works and how/if additional charges impact timers. So I will address them before we proceed.

When multiple charges are set on the JAS brig system, only the charge with the longest timer is applied, unless otherwise stated (Such as resisting arrest, disorderly conduct in confinement).

Throwing things is still assault, context is important, which is why we have spirit of the law for niches but in this case it appears to be assault. Mechanical damage is not a very relevant when we are a MRP server.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A copious amount of junk logs not pertaining to the report were removed, player also listed wrong date on report.

Main Incident

[06:14:55]SAY: Kat 'APC' Smith [1]: Can I know my charges? (CKEY: DarkLordCabbage) (JOB: Squad Rifleman)
    [06:15:09]SAY: Laurencia Beck [1]: Yes, yes. (CKEY: Ahana) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [06:15:12]SAY: Laurencia Beck [1]: Let's start with. (CKEY: Ahana) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [06:15:13]SAY: Laurencia Beck [1]: Assault. (CKEY: Ahana) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [06:15:17]SAY: Kat 'APC' Smith [1]: For throwing (CKEY: DarkLordCabbage) (JOB: Squad Rifleman)
    [06:15:19]SAY: Kat 'APC' Smith [1]: Tofu at you? (CKEY: DarkLordCabbage) (JOB: Squad Rifleman)
    [06:15:29]SAY: Laurencia Beck [1]: I ordered you to stop multiple times. (CKEY: Ahana) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [06:15:32]SAY: Laurencia Beck [1]: Then, disorderly conduct. (CKEY: Ahana) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [06:15:34]SAY: Kat 'APC' Smith [1]: Right.... (CKEY: DarkLordCabbage) (JOB: Squad Rifleman)
    [06:15:39]SAY: Kat 'APC' Smith [1]: Okay (CKEY: DarkLordCabbage) (JOB: Squad Rifleman)
    [06:15:44]SAY: Laurencia Beck [1]: For forcing me to go through and tase various people in briefing to get to you. (CKEY: Ahana) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [06:15:49]SAY: Kat 'APC' Smith [1]: Huh? (CKEY: DarkLordCabbage) (JOB: Squad Rifleman)
    [06:15:50]SAY: Kat 'APC' Smith [1]: That's not (CKEY: DarkLordCabbage) (JOB: Squad Rifleman)
    [06:15:51]SAY: Laurencia Beck [1]: AND using the briefing crowd to ecape. (CKEY: Ahana) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [06:15:51]SAY: Kat 'APC' Smith [1]: My fault (CKEY: DarkLordCabbage) (JOB: Squad Rifleman)
    [06:15:53]SAY: Laurencia Beck [1]: Yes it is. (CKEY: Ahana) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [06:15:53]SAY: Kat 'APC' Smith [1]: That's (CKEY: DarkLordCabbage) (JOB: Squad Rifleman)
    [06:15:56]SAY: Kat 'APC' Smith [1]: Resisting arrest (CKEY: DarkLordCabbage) (JOB: Squad Rifleman)
    [06:15:56]SAY: Laurencia Beck [1]: Mmm. (CKEY: Ahana) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [06:15:58]SAY: Laurencia Beck [1]: Let's see. (CKEY: Ahana) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [06:16:04]SAY: Kat 'APC' Smith [1]: You can't use disorderly conduct for that.... (CKEY: DarkLordCabbage) (JOB: Squad Rifleman)
    [06:16:07]SAY: Laurencia Beck [1]: Resisting arrest. (CKEY: Ahana) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [06:16:10]SAY: Laurencia Beck [1]: I just did. (CKEY: Ahana) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [06:16:10]SAY: Kat 'APC' Smith [1]: There ya go! (CKEY: DarkLordCabbage) (JOB: Squad Rifleman)

Talking occurs but nothing of value pertaining to report below are extracts specifically related to things in the report in the times they occured, grouped up by letters to assist.

A - Darling comment)

[06:21:16]SAY: Laurencia Beck [Command]: Your lovely darling kat Smith wishes to appeal the issues she caused using the dropship to evade arrest. (CKEY: Ahana) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [06:21:34]SAY: Kat 'APC' Smith [1]: Your lovely darling kat smith? (CKEY: DarkLordCabbage) (JOB: Squad Rifleman)

B - Appeal, cut out non relevant parts repeating which report confirms)

[06:24:57]SAY: Laurencia Beck [1]: She repeatedly threw food at me after I ordered her to stop in briefin. (CKEY: Ahana) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [06:25:42]SAY: Laurencia Beck [1]: I detained her the first time, but she used the briefing crowd to evade and escape onto the dropship. (CKEY: Ahana) (JOB: Chief MP)

[06:27:17]SAY: Kat 'APC' Smith [1]: MPs are encouraged not to go onto the drpship (CKEY: DarkLordCabbage) (JOB: Squad Rifleman)

[06:28:21]SAY: Laurencia Beck [1]: The first was for assault. (CKEY: Ahana) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [06:28:30]SAY: Laurencia Beck [1]: For disobeying me and repeatedly throwing tofu in my face. (CKEY: Ahana) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [06:28:40]SAY: Laurencia Beck [1]: Disorderly conduct came from using the briefing crowd and dropship to escape. (CKEY: Ahana) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [06:28:46]SAY: Laurencia Beck [1]: Resisting arrest... self-explanatory. (CKEY: Ahana) (JOB: Chief MP)

C - Further confirmation of hiding on dropship)

[06:33:15]SAY: Kat 'APC' Smith [1]: Oh yeah I was in a stasis bag on the dropship (CKEY: DarkLordCabbage) (JOB: Squad Rifleman)

D - MT Nadezhda Portnova: ckey - NodNodNod walks in to brig fires blanks bullets at MPs, gets shot in return, during this time, Kat Smith is telling another prisoner to kill her in brig, Beck eventually stops this and Kat Smith goes SSD)

[06:36:02]SAY: Laurencia Beck [1]: You cannot walk into brig and fire blanks at MPs. (CKEY: Ahana) (JOB: Chief MP

[06:37:53]ATTACK: OldManJenkins364/(Aden Begum) attacked DarkLordCabbage/(Kat 'APC' Smith) with light tube (INTENT: HURT) (DAMTYE: BRUTE) in the Brig Cells (56,144,4).
    [06:37:53]ATTACK: OldManJenkins364/(Aden Begum) attacked DarkLordCabbage/(Kat 'APC' Smith) with light tube (INTENT: HURT) (DAMTYE: BRUTE) in the Brig Cells (56,144,4).

[06:37:54]SAY: Kat 'APC' Smith [1]: Kill me (CKEY: DarkLordCabbage) (JOB: Squad Rifleman)

[06:37:54]ATTACK: OldManJenkins364/(Aden Begum) attacked DarkLordCabbage/(Kat 'APC' Smith) with light tube (INTENT: HURT) (DAMTYE: BRUTE) in the Brig Cells (56,144,4).

[06:37:55]SAY: Kat 'APC' Smith [1]: Do it (CKEY: DarkLordCabbage) (JOB: Squad Rifleman

[06:37:56]ATTACK: OldManJenkins364/(Aden Begum) attacked DarkLordCabbage/(Kat 'APC' Smith) with light tube (INTENT: HURT) (DAMTYE: BRUTE) in the Brig Cells (56,144,4).
    (Attack logs continue x a lot)

[06:38:01]SAY: Kat 'APC' Smith [1]: It'll make Beck burst a blood vessel (CKEY: DarkLordCabbage)

[06:38:22]ATTACK: Ahana/(Laurencia Beck) accidentally fired disabler gun in the Brig Cells (57,144,4) triggered by DarkLordCabbage/(Kat 'APC' Smith).

[06:39:29]SAY: Kat 'APC' Smith [1]: Anyways, I'm gonna SSD now (CKEY: DarkLordCabbage) (JOB: Squad Rifleman)
    Last edited by solidfury7; 03-07-2023 at 03:23 PM.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want to emphasize that, to me, it's clear this was staged just to make me upset. I apologize for being passive-aggressive in the appeal request message.

However, I still believe I was wronged and set up by DarkLordCabbage, and I think the ending just nails it in the coffin (alongside my video, where she's just doing it to annoy/aggravate me):
    [06:37:54]SAY: Kat 'APC' Smith [1]: Kill me (CKEY: DarkLordCabbage) (JOB: Squad Rifleman)
    [06:37:55]SAY: Kat 'APC' Smith [1]: Do it (CKEY: DarkLordCabbage) (JOB: Squad Rifleman
    [06:38:01]SAY: Kat 'APC' Smith [1]: It'll make Beck burst a blood vessel (CKEY: DarkLordCabbage)
    I don't think it's acceptable to try and bait players into actions just to report them and try to shine a bad light on them, and still think this report is a violation of rule 3, community expectations/standards.