Slavor - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Personal Information

Byond ID?
    Slavor

Discord ID?
    Slavor#7326

Marine Name
    Slavor 'Communist' Vlan. I mostly play marines.

Other Whitelist Applications
    None

Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Ivan

What is your Synthetic's Personality?
    Ivan is a captured UPP synth re-programmed for USCM use. Other than knowing russian, Ivan is like any other synth exept for being somewhat low quality and completely loyal to USCM. But because it's core programming being anti-capitalist, it's views for Weyland Yutani is unchangebly opposed.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I do like the idea of being a synth and nearly having all the skills to do medical, engineering even command. I think it is really interesting and I would like to give it try at the least.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
    A working Joe cleaning around the FOB while we already evvacced and xenos ignoring it just for RP.

Synthetic Character Story
    Ivan is made in Xiang Colony. Because of the UPP's poor resources Ivan made in a very long time to make. Lots of the Ivan's parts stolen from Weyland Yutani factories but some parts like it's face is made by UPP. His speaking is like every other synth. Like the famous quote Ivan always says: "Lets see what you broke again."

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I am experienced with engineering. There might be thing or two I might not learned but I know all the basics and some advanced stuff. I can make FOB's, I can repair APC's, Activate Comms, fix M2C's and more but I never tried to make a airlock door before.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I didn't look into much into command but I have experience with being SO and SL.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    The medical is my favorite. Unga needed? I can prepare, Cryo juice? I got it. Patient's heart gone? Let me get my surgery tools. I also can prepare all the special medicines such as MB,KD,IA,D+ from mind but sometimes I need to look at wiki for some unused recipies such as ATD.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I can send FOB drops, I can prepare magazine boxes, I can order stuff and I know how to use BM but of course as a synth I would never use.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    When I am stuck in a dead end and xenos attacking me or when I am trying to drag a wounded and xenos trying to attack me while I am doing so.

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Discord Ban Reason
    -

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I am really exited on how it's gonna be.

Synthetic Council Member QuickLoad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Slavdor, thanks for your interest but there are some complications with your application.

First off, these are considered 'old' forums and we have moved to a new spot found here: https://forum.cm-ss13.com/c/whitelis...pplications/14

Secondly, your application appears to make several errors when it comes to what is required of a Synthetic. For starters, your synthetic's quirk! Consider asking yourself this question: What is the reason my Synthetic is operating on the Almayer? Chances are, a hacked UPP synthetic would NOT be pressed into service, and having one which goes against Weyland-Yutani would be problematic with relations on the ship generally speaking. There is absolutely no reason the USCM would choose to operate a 'low quality synth' when they have dozens of better options.

Also, your story is extraordinarily short and doesn't seem to really show how Ivan would interact. The biggest concern here would be the content of your story - I love the imagination you have here but it's quite strange for a UPP Synthetic to be utilized by the USCM, especially if one was retrofitted of stolen parts.

Next, I think you probably know this but part of being a Synthetic means you are comfortable and knowledgeable in all parts USCM. This includes experience with command roles. I think your engineering and medical experience is good(but still needs vouching obviously).

My advice to you is that you review some of the accepted applications to get a feel of what the standard is, then think of something you're passionate about and have it be your synthetic's quirk - within reason. After that, craft a story which shows this quirk in use! With that portion of the app complete, every Synthetic is an experienced player which knows the ins and outs of essentially every critical USCM role. Becoming experienced and receiving vouches helps in that portion of your experience. Keep that enthusiasm going! Best of luck to you

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incorrect forum, closing application.