38 38.00%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Squad preferences

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandos33 View Post
    So i'm pretty new to CM, and i wanted to choose a squad to stick with, and so, i want to know how are the squads, like what are your view about each squad.
    so far i got this idea from the community memes but not sure about how true to life it is

Squad-performance/cohesion-stereotype

Alpha-Average/NotGood- Frontline, randoms (red menace)
    Bravo-Average/VeryGood- Tcomms and engi, chill, (Fobbits)
    Charlie-Really good or really bad never in the middle/Good- Tank, scout, supporting (Grapes??)
    Delta-VeryBad/a bit- know for being bad, once in a lifetime they did awesome and saved the round (Deltards)

so i know i'm being very negative and thats why i made this post i want to see what you guys like in each squad and what makes you set it as your preference
    It's more like:
    Alpha: Randos, people with no squad preference and people who are very new. Maintains good squad cohesion until first contact with the enemy, at which point 40% of them charge after it and the other 60% drop their guns in fear and flee. Actual effectiveness is completely random on a round to round basis.

Bravo: Fobbits. Get assigned to FOB duty 90% of the time. Utterly incapable of doing anything else. Even the simplest of non-FOB duties will confuse them and lead to them getting squadwiped immediately. The least effective squad when doing anything other than FOB, but usually contains at least one engineer who knows how to setup the FOB properly.

Charlie: Formerly RP Squad, currently suffering from Delta Contamination. Result is a mix and match of people with 20 different emotes macro'd and people who have 20 different weapon pickups macro'd. This dynamic actually makes them surprisingly effective, since there are enough ungas to fight effectively and enough wet blankets to maintain some level of squad cohesion and vaguely guide the ungas towards following orders.

Delta: Unga squad, live only to fight. The fact that this is now widely understood as part of the metagame means that they've attracted most of the players who play this like a pure team deathmatch. Individually more skilled than any other squad, but lose cohesion fast unless the squad leader is very good. Generally either smashes the enemy quickly or is completely wiped out within 20 minutes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Delta is either full bad on low pop, correct without a good squad leader and can easily secure the victory alone if both robust marines and a great squad leader is online. I remember back in the days 20 minutes Delta majors under some squad leaders command
    The French Madmen: Capitaine Renaud 'Sierra' Chatillon

Almaric, the history teacher synthetic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh the colors in the polls are in different places.

I love this thread

and Yes, what you hear of Charlie is truth. I came in on the squad when there was a high 'robust to action' and now; the squad just keeps getting interesting people and matchups. Violet is my foundation and mood to uphold
    Ironically, the squads act a different per map too, to a degree.

But really what I realized when finally was able to SL all of them is:
    Alpha ( n.name Fenrirs )is true to name, the first ones in and should be the last to leave (See Delta ), They are something else on Ice Colony for some reason...
    When guided, boy there sense of direction is amazing. Conversely they are not too intricate unless the battle is a slow start. They will surprised you in nice ways.

Bravo ( n.name Sphinxes ) is self sustaining and defensive. Its not so much doing anything else weakens their effectiveness, its the fact they have huge cohension. They have to move like a swarm of bees. They are great with retreat coverage and working with the tank. Because of this, 'mobile' orders are awkward unless there are many different people in the squad.. Thay are nice to lead nonetheless and can be a super support squad

Charlie, hecking Kirins they are. As a squad, it TEST your ability to lead. Its the real deal because of the sheer varieties you deal with. However its the best squad to get support as a lead. Basically its a squad to be in to advance yourself. ALso its the squad that's a flip to Bravo in tactics. Charlies are uncanny: they rank in the middle for overall combat mettle, YET precision and depth is wholly their niche. This squad is a laser guided sniper shot in the fields where the loadouts and moments sync.

And dear Delta, the one chance I dubbed them Dragoons. Funny enough...RNG made the least one I could command, plus when I did - the trademark Ork-ness was subdued in a way. Yes they are the de-facto mass combat squad, and maybe with the direction they got at the time...they became this..walking bullet armor. A snapping Hydra that could repel attacks and supress corridors and advances. Maybe its keywords with the squad, but if you want to really squeeze a memorable offensive round. Try being a Delta SL, you will earn stripes for sure.
    On another note - DELTA SPECS ARE FROM THE MOON. The squads easily has the most consistent offensive streak with ANY Spec loadout. A N Y What in the world in their cyrosleep beaker? Nanomachines? ( Granted I'm talking about their balanced performance moments only ). Charlie may be precise but I have never seen the level of variety in Specs and still manages to achieve result over months. That is some seroius caliber hiding in the Blue

( The Nicknames are non-canon, Its something I do to have a connection when playing SL )

and yet there are still the embers and whispers of Eta Squad.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just prefer the Yellow paint on my armour

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Delta because I need fast paced action and quick rounds due to lack of time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the viewpoint of a SL who�s probably Mained every squad here except Delta.

Alpha - newbs, small old guard that�s mostly gone. As a SL, they follow orders extremely well.

Bravo - FoBBITs, usually easy to SL and responsive but not as good as Charlie in skill in combat.

Charlie - RP boys sometimes, usually most immersive imo. As a SL, yeah OP summed it up. Charlie either is a fluid, easily led squad that does great or we crash and burn. As a rule, they are usually easy to lead. Probably the most responsive squad to orders, provided you can gain their respect and a repotoire for that round and many more.

Delta - bunch of ungas. As a SL, they�re like a bullet. Rush is constant until they, unstoppable force, hits the immovable object. Thing is. That�s every round. Good squad or not. So sometimes they hit that object earlier than usual. As far as leading them... it�s probably similar to leading a pack of rabid attack dogs. You lead them to the scene, tell them what to hit and vaguely where and they dispress into the brush attempting to find and kill it.

Then they return either bloodied and with maybe 2 people left .. or carrying the corpses of the enemy proudly as banners.
    Last edited by Vispainius; 03-15-2019 at 09:11 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Delta gives benos more larva most rounds, or rush the queen and end the round early in the rest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I play medic main an like Delta to just keep them up an going a bit longer. Usually plenty of work to be done, i have thought though of trying Charlie for a while just to see how things are different.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a xenomain I think everyone is vastly overestimating Charlies combat proficiency. I cant recall one time ive ever been like oh no Charlies coming. I cant even think of anyone off the top of my head in Charlie who I would give extra caution to in a 1v1.

I would honestly rank Alpha above Charlie in combat proficiency because Alpha has so many nubs that they do stupid nub shit that I cant even predict and it catches me off guard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    As a xenomain I think everyone is vastly overestimating Charlies combat proficiency. I cant recall one time ive ever been like oh no Charlies coming. I cant even think of anyone off the top of my head in Charlie who I would give extra caution to in a 1v1.

I would honestly rank Alpha above Charlie in combat proficiency because Alpha has so many nubs that they do stupid nub shit that I cant even predict and it catches me off guard.
    I assume people mean squad proficiency. They do say Charlie and not Charlie mains