Steelpoint - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Steelpoint

Marine Name
    Alan Bentway

Name/Designation of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Nicholas

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    I am

Synthetic Character Story
    Clicking of boots could be heard in the distance of the darkened metal corridor, as a shadowed figure slowly advanced under the dim light and dusty air. The figures footsteps become louder and louder as it slowly advanced, with only the brim light gold beret and officers jacket being somewhat visible amongst the encroaching dark.

The apparent officer approached a door only to be halted with the sound of a click. A fully armoured marine, wielding a seemingly oversized firearm for their height, clicked their boots in attention to the officer. The officer gave an apparent half hearted nod before proceeding inside the door.

The room was even darker than the corridor, illuminated by a single light suspended on the ceiling. The light illuminating a sole figure, sitting stationary, unmoving, in the centre of the room besides a metal table, bolted to the floor.

The officer advanced to the available chair, across the figure, and sat down, producing a notepad and pen from his document pouch, alongside a rusty recorder device, before placing the recorder on the table and turning it on.

"Allright", said the Officer. "Please state your identification and name for the record".

The figure, almost as if some long hand had reached down and decided to turn him on, offered something that could be considered a smile and stated, "Of course sir, my name is Nicholas, my serial number is A16/THX5.1.11452D1".

The officer, seemingly unfazed by its ability to recite the elongated serial code so effortlessly, asked, "Please state your designation and prior assignment".

Unwaveringly, with the same smile, Nicholas stated, "I am a Synthetic of course, operated by the United States Colonial Marines". The synthetic paused for a moment, with the officer feeling it only did so to try and appear more Human.

"My prior assignment was as Technical Advisor onboard the USS Almayer." Stated Nicholas. "I was to assist an Engineering squad during a routine maintenance check of a atmospheric processor on Jericho, a distant colony".

"Thank you", said the officer. "Nicholas", the officer said almost with contempt for referring to a machine as some kind of entity, "We're here today to debrief the incident that occurred during this operation and your role in it".

The officer continues, "During your mission an incident occured when an, according to the ranking surviving Engineer, power overload occurred.". Leaning forward closer to the synthetic, the officer continued, "then during this incident, you apparently refused a direct order from the ranking marine which resulted in the deaths of most of the squad".

"Please explain your actions...Nicholas" the officer asked, almost thinking the machine was guilty to begin with.

"Of course sir.". Stated Nicholas.

"My orders from the commander of the Almayer were clear, to repair the processor and ensure its stability at all costs." Nicolas continued, "its destruction would have resulted in a irreversible decay of the planets biosphere, furthermore its detonation would have resulted in the deaths of several thousand colonists who lived within range of the processor."

The synthetics smile had long disappeared, replaced with a facsimile of concern, sadness and regret.

"When we arrived at the power room of the processor, I assessed the damage and believed we had mere moment to stabilize the power core before a irreversible detonation would begin, the squad leader disagreed with my assessment, thinking we had more time".

Nicholas continued. "Unfortunately I was proven correct, the core initiated a emergency coolant purge and began to lock down the area." With an apparently look of concern and contemplation, Nicholas continued. "Most of the squad was trapped behind a bulkhead that sealed shut, the squad leader ordered me to lift the bulkhead to save the marines, and then for us to withdraw to the dropship and evacuate."

"But you refused?" Stated the officer.

"To save the lives of thousand or save the lives of a dozen, a philosophical question of the ages, presented to me as a crisis to solve within seconds."

"As such", it continued, "I ran to the power core and attempted to repair the coolant failure, which I ascertained would prevent the core meltdown. I succeeded."

"I immediately ran back to the bulkhead, but by then the marines all had died of 4th degree burns caused by the immense heat". Nicholas, appearing greatly saddened, states, "I was extremely disheartened with the outcome, as the loss of any life is a tragic loss."

Locking gazes with the officer, he concludes, "but I accomplished the mission and saved the lives of thousands more, that is what occured sir.".

Even listening to the entire report three times did nothing to dissuade the officer. Putting down the glass of water, the officer reached across their office table and picked up a phone.

"Yes sir", stated the officer. "I've concluded my report."

"After careful analysis of all the information given to me, I believe its actions were appropriate and consistent with the standard we expect of our synthetic modules, the techs have found no fault, and despite my efforts I can't find a fault in its logic".

Dryly, the officer states. "I recommend Nicholas be returned to active service onboard the USS Almayer".

How do you intend to play your Synth?
    When I think of a Synthetic, I think of them akin to Vulcans from Star Trek, or other more logic minded species.

Unfortunately a pure 'cold, logical' playstyle is not very unique and is something practiced by a lot of Humans.

Nevertheless, my desire would be to ensure totally that my Synth remains adherent to logic and reason, when his programming allows for it.

My emphasis on playstyle would be shifted towards assisting Command and Medical, since I find those two departments among the most important to maintain, and oft are lacking in lower pop rounds. With other support areas coming after from Cargo and Engineering.

How familiar are you with support roles? (ie; Medical, MT, Science, SO)
    I am very familiar with all support mechanics the game has to offer.

For a run down for the interested. I regularly play as a Squad Medic and I have a extensive past Doctor play history.

My CO whitelist makes me very familiar with the operations of CIC and Command.

My engineering background is more limited but I have full knowledge on repairing and maintaining field and ship equipment, and I have a good base of FoB construction knowledge.

Science is currently mostly RP mechanic only, but I have a good history in RP roles so I believe I can handle anything RnD related, the rest is based off of Medical.

I often play as RO and I consider myself efficient at it.

Why should we whitelist you?
    I believe I could help bring some good assistance to the Marine side during the game to help alleviate or boost areas that are lacking. Synths strike me as the 'free agent' that can push and help in areas where needed. In the many lowpop rounds I play, I oft find entire departments faltering or unstaffed, something I could assist with.

I also am currently whitelisted as a Predator and Commander, and have not lost either whitelist, which I hope showcases my responsibility with these higher RP roles.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason?
    No.

Are you currently banned from any other servers and if so, why?
    No.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes
    Last edited by Steelpoint; 03-16-2019 at 05:02 AM.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you played support recently?
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've played several RO rounds recently. My most recent RO round was during low pop and I ended up manning CIC as well as Cargo. I sometimes also play as CO during low pop.

If Medics count then I almost always play as a Medic.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bentaway is a good guy I've seen him has several support roles before including doctor, ct and Mt and his Rp Ability is good.

I think he can be a Stupid Robot too.

+1

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nicholas, appearing greatly saddened, states, "I was extremely disheartened with the outcome, as the loss of any life is a tragic loss."

Why does he act this way?
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Synthetics are designed to mimic Human emotions, thus he attempted to do so. I imagine he's not bawling but more closer to simply looking sad.

At the end of the day, the death of any Human is something any Synth generally wants to avoid (Unless your a certain David model)
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 - Why do you want to become a synth?

2 - Are you allowed to help the xeno's as a Synthetic Survivor?

3 - You're working on the FOB, suddenly you see a marine being dragged away, what would you do?

4 - Are you allowed to drive the tank? What about CAS?

5 - You're at the front, the Captain is badly wounded and gasping, an SL just died and a Medic is in pain-crit but his life isn't in danger. How would you solve this problem?
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedroca2lucas View Post
    1 - Why do you want to become a synth?
    The Synthetic presents a unique job and a higher roleplay opportunity in a game that is usually set hovering between low and medium roleplay. While there are definitive restrictions on conduct as a synth I am nonetheless interested in the role due to the duality of also being able to be a 'free agent' in helping out the Marines in a multitude of support roles as required by the round, and the opportunity to engage in unique roleplay.

2 - Are you allowed to help the xeno's as a Synthetic Survivor?
    No, that would be suicidal. Though I am free to assist any faction (initially) and even be antagonistic to the Marines, siding with the Xenomorphs would be against the rules and frankley it'd be against common logic.

3 - You're working on the FOB, suddenly you see a marine being dragged away, what would you do?
    I would attempt to render aid to the Marine by attempting to drive off the attacker, I'd only do this until the xenomorph choses to retreat or is incapacitated/terminated, in which case I'd drag the marine back to friendly lines.

4 - Are you allowed to drive the tank? What about CAS?
    I'm not 100% on the regulation, but a Tank is primarily intended as a weapon of war, being a weapon I'd avoid driving it at all costs, I may drive the tank IF it is behind the frontline and I am asked to return it to a rearguard location and not to take it to the frontline in any capacity, in the same way a Synth might be transporting firearms for cargo.

For CAS, I would not be able to fire any Dropship weapons in any capacity, outside of perhaps a flare launcher. I would be fine in flying a Dropship, just so long as I don't open fire.

5 - You're at the front, the Captain is badly wounded and gasping, an SL just died and a Medic is in pain-crit but his life isn't in danger. How would you solve this problem?
    Assuming I have a basic medical kit at my disposal, I'd give the Captain an emergency Dexalin+ injection to stave off death, quickly move him just behind the frontline, then I'd administer a Dexalin and Inaprovaline pill to the Captain to stabilize him. Once the Captain is stable, I'd give the Medic a Tramadol, perhaps a Oxycodone injection/pill, then return to the Captain, I'd stabilize his wounds and administer medications.

Once the Captain is in the healing process, and assuming I am in a safe (FoB) location, I'd begin the resuscitation process on the dead SL. If I am not in a safe location I'd prioritise the wounded Captain to return to safe territory, I'd encourage the Medic (who should be on oxycodone) to walk back to safe territory as well with me, taking the dead SLas well if they are able. if I am too far from friendly territory I may request MEDEVAC for the Captain.
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going back on the third question. what would you do if a marine was being dragged away but there are three xenomorphs there, one runner, a ravager, and a warrior. You are alone.
    Kaitlynn Lawson The Captain: https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18802
    Alicia The Motherly Synthetic: https://cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=17406
    Ja'akir Aki The Messenger of the Gods: //showthrea...or-Application
    Staff history:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may be synthetic but I'm not suicidal.

I would render the best aid that I can depending on the circumstances, but self preservation must be followed. I am not a SS13 Silicon which must sacrifice myself, with an overwhelming amount of xenos there is little reasonable chance I could save the Marine. Thus I would have to disengage.
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de