User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelpoint - Synthetic Application

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, +1 Everything seems alright to me.
    Kaitlynn Lawson The Captain: https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18802
    Alicia The Motherly Synthetic: https://cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=17406
    Ja'akir Aki The Messenger of the Gods: //showthrea...or-Application
    Staff history:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story is well written, has a good amount of dialogue, your answers look good to me, the quirk is okay, you have two other whitelists and I have seen you around. I'm confident you can handle this whitelist.

1+
    Max Judge, the 45 year old slightly fat man with an unfitting action hero name.

Fred, the worrisome synth.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can you elaborate a little on your quirk, if you have one?

I haven't seen you play doctor or engineering roles, but I have seen you play a good bit of req, private and medic.

Patient comes in dead with a bunch of toxin damage, lungs popped/damaged and his arm necrotizing. How do you fix him?

How to deconstruct a damaged/broken APC? not repair it, just deconstruct it. I would respect if you knew it from heart, but not needed, doesn't matter if you switch around a step or two.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Step by step of being a Doctor? Administer the poor corpse some dexalin and innaprovaline to keep them stable when they are revived, toss in a dose of dylorv to regress the toxin damage. Add peridoxin to the mix to halt further organ damage/shenanigans. If the auto surgeon is free, I'd place them in there and set it to work on repairing the patients damaged organs, removing the toxin damage and surgically cutting off the necrotic flesh. Failing that, I'd locate a medical doctor and handover the patient and their situation to them (pref while the patient is in a cryotube), recommending the surgical course of action to take. Or if the MD's are busy/dead I'd perform the surgery myself, in order of repairing the organ damage first.

Step by step of being a Engineer and breaking down a APC? Honestly it's a action I can't really explain off the top of my head since I've done it so many times its more automatic. But considering anyone can read a wiki, this question seems a moot point since I have no way to prove my efficacy in engineering on a forum where I have unlimited time to respond to a question.

In terms of my recent play time. I usually main Medic (when I don't get spec). I generally start to gravitate to other support roles such as CO, RO or even Doctor when the pop starts falling, or if I feel like a change, and those departments start to get empty. I'm more likely to go RO since I find that role far more engaging. Doctor is a role in high demand but I find it repetitive, I enjoy custom mixing meds however. I admit my Engineering play time is very low but the core basics of Engineering and FoB construction are something I understand sufficiently, if I end up getting a HPR I oft get a mini-engi kit to assist in FoB construction.

In terms of a quirk, as I mentioned earlier it's more just remaining very logical to a fault. I understand that's not really a unique quirk, but I personally find the idea of a 'quirk' in a synthetic to be entirely antithesis to the concept of a synthetic that is designed to blend into Humans seamlessly, if synths were programmed with a odd quirk they'd stand out far easier. In Alien and Aliens, the two major Synthetic characters were utterly unidentified as Synths until pointed out (in the former when he tried to kill Ripley, in the latter when we were told he was a Synth and the main character had no idea they were a Synth).
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelpoint View Post
    -snip-
    Autodoc should only be used for broken bones or in cases where there are 5 patients, 4 surgery rooms, the last guy goes in the autodoc. It simply is too slow with repairing organ damage compared to a human. It's bad practice to steal jobs from everyone as a synthetic, but in this case when its life and death. The Synthetic is the superior choice for doing the surgery with CMO skills and while your choice sounds good on paper, don't bother in actual gameplay. Necro is terrible thing and more so when its so bad that they have 200 toxins. Best patch it up quick.

The wiki is slightly wrong with APC deconstruction, which I wanted to see if you would correct. But hmm, fair enough.

Quirk thing is fine. Sounds good.

I'll remain neutral and see what the other council members have to say.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've answered every question greatly and I'm fine with your quirk of just being a calm, nonthreatening, logical being that portrays themselves that way. It's good to remind ourselves of the classics and not to stray too far away from the baseline.

+1, I'd be glad to have you aboard.
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm willing to give you a shot, good luck!

+1
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck! +1
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah i think we can work with this _1

Good app, answered community questions well. Your story is well written, and I like seeing Alan Bentway.
    I've been holding off on posting because I'm a lazy bitch, and I'm glad to see you've waited patiently. +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's always good to see someone withstand the question after question from Jakk, and although, like Vamp, I haven't seen you play doctor much, you seem to know what you're in for. Maybe play a little bit of the doctor role as well, as it isn't that hard of a job. Overall, i'll be dropping my +1, good luck.