Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BatteryBan - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    BatteryBan

Player Name You Use Most?
    Keagan Richter

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    N/A

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    I have received a ban this month for three hours because of some round start shenanigans.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    A BE is a tool that you should hold back on using because well if your using it the person in question most likely is committing a crime that any MP can handle if you just report it to them. But personally in the event anyone finds themselves in this case it would be to solve a problem at that instant or to prevent another problem from arising in the future such as a marine inspiring to harm someone a great amount or just harming someone at that moment (unless it�s some RP matter or there is a fair reason behind it), inspiring a mutiny, and many other harmful/major crimes. It is a tool that is not to be used romantically it�s just there to get the person outta the way as it will quickly remove a MEAN PLAYER out of the round. (It can also be used to get certain people like trolls who are just tampering with you at this point out of the game because at that point you know they want to killed.)

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate engineering staff, a Staff Officer who cannot do anything right, an Executive Officer wh
    Keagan is a rather subtle CO he deals with the big problems with the marines himself and he lets his other department staff deal with their problems with little to no interference depending on the problem. However, with his staff officers and other command staff, he is there to support them as best as he can. But when things go south Keagan values his life more than others and will attempt to flee the action if HE deems it too dangerous and will head back to a safer location such as a FOB or a group of more marines.

With a SO who is doing things incorrectly, he�d try to figure out IC if the player is doing this intentionally or if he actually is new. If the player is new he might task the XO with helping that person out or I�d just answer any of his questions that he for me whilst I remain at the helm. But with a player doing it intentionally they could suffer punish such as Neglect of Duty or Disorderly Conduct.

An insubordinate engineering team can be difficult to deal with especially since the term INSUBORDINATE can mean many different things such as the engineering flatly refusing to do their job or the engineers being a bunch of ungas insulting each other. But I would solve the issue by first figuring out which sort of INSUBORDINATE engineering team we have. If it is an engineering team that refuses to do repairs and fix the engines I might have an MP or two FORCE the engineers do the job. However, should the engineers just be a bunch of rude ungas, as long as they do repairs and have the SMEs and engines set up as well as keep up on maintenance I would not interfere with MP action with the exception of it being an emergency.

XOs questioning COs isn�t that rare of a site even I do it when I play XO. It usually has to do with the CO and XO having two different plans or which squads should do what. But as a thoughtful CO, you should most definitely hear what EVERYONE has to say, especially about how you command the battalion. Should I find myself as a CO being questioned I will answer the question to the best of my ability and should I not understand it as well as the XO I will allow them to do whatever they need to do what they deem necessary to complete what they are asking or requesting.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The job of the Commanding Officer is to lead his Marines on a grand journey through the unknown whilst keeping the round up to pace and making sure that it was an enjoyable round. He/she should do this using everything at his disposal as well as using each squad for their capabilities and using interesting tactics that will test the marines competence and the Xenos strength. However, as I stated previously the Captain should try his best to make his marines come out with a victory and at the same time enjoy the round for what it is.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    I think an interesting tool or device that could be added for a Commanding Officer or just anyone viewing a tactical map could click on a dot and be able to view that person�s helmet cam (if they are wearing any) It removes the hassle of taking a moment to find who is at the front or back lines so you can just click whoever is at the front and instantly see what their doing this would help me and many others immensely if it is to be added.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I as a player have brought upon plenty of good times for players especially with some of my more �interesting� and WACK TACTICS and I wish to continue bringing these enjoyable moments for newer people as well as providing insights on newer tactics that haven�t been tested before. I�d also see what other people are talking about in terms of tactics and play them out and see how they work for the marines.

Choose one of the following story topics to write about
    Keagan Richter sat in his cold barren office rubbing his forehead in frustration, his last desperate assault had just failed. His three Lieutenants all walked in with their heads down the one in the center of the group seemed the most obviously panicked as they stood there for a minute. Finally, after a moment of silence, the Officer in the middle spoke up, �Sir, marine squads Foxtrot and India have been decimated along with the Armored Patrol Car we sent with them. The only survivors were some of the deserters some of the MPs caught they are currently awaiting your decision on what we should do with them.�
    Keagan forced a nod out of himself and gestured for the Officers to get out of his office. I sat there for a long while in my wooden chair rubbing my fingers through my hair as I listened to the occasional POP of the mortar on the surface shooting and whatever those hooligans thought might be an enemy but I knew it was just a waste of munition. After some more contemplation and blankly staring at a map full of little notes and other reminders, I finally mustered the strength out of my slowly chilling body to get up out of my chair and put on my winter coats. It was about mid-day however it felt like it was already time to switch shifts for the night. As soon as I walked out the door I saw something that would horrify any commander I saw the marines in a state of panic they were deserting and one of them was trying to start a mutiny against me. The MPs were no help as they had problems of their own but I knew something that would grab EVERYONES attention and that was the crack of Mateba and that is exactly what came to mind as I raised it high into the air and shot it and just like that everyone stopped in their trail even the deserters. and just like that everyone was willing to comply. We gathered inside around the rather large meeting room and discussed how we will manage our supplies. At the end of it all, we came to the decision that we will only EVER fire any ammo should there be a clear and present threat to the base we also jotted down what we had left from the assaults we found out that there was: A tank that was near the front cades but was unable to move due to its engine breaking down from the immense cold, a few remaining HE mortar shells, a single generator with fuel to last about another eight hours (which we were using to maintain some of the lights and heat inside the base,) and a small rack of medicines.

My command staff is as worried as I am right now I cannot be a hero I need to preserve these people for as long as I can or until god I pray that the messengers I sent out survived and were able to forward my message for help. And it was just now there was an immense amount of hollering as a red light lit up the sky everyone in the base looked up in terror everything was silent for a moment before shots started coming from every side. My god they were every where as marines dropped faster than pests in the sight of an exterminator. The white phantoms that looked us dead in the eye had planned this assault from the beginning the tank at the front was sabotaged so on it�s first shot it gave way to a massive chain reaction due to the ammo racks exploding. And when everything seemed grim we heard it and just like when the flare was shot there was silence and this time it was a terror for the white menace for you could hear the roar from a mile away of the jet engines of those mighty USCM helicopters and planes. And as fire and explosives rained down on the enemy in the forests all it did was provide us with a blanket of safety for as more and more marines unloaded from those helicopters and the rest of us at the base got to evacuate we know that day we had won against the UPP Battalion the �Red right hand� on the planet the marines of that day now call the Cause for Hope. The messengers really did get the message out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The app's spelling, syntax, and grammar are bad. I don't know if you can still edit your app, but proofreading ASAP would be a good idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been about eight hours ish without any corrections, so I'll go ahead and give my opinion.

Neutral

On the basis of your personality, you seem like a nice fun leader for the Battalion to have, but I am not fond of the general lack of professionalism which you've portrayed with the 'wack tactics.' That's a personal grievance, and not something I let sway my vote. Overall, your leadership has been competent and well directed despite the gimmick.

Your opinion of the BE is something a lot of applicants share, in that it shouldn't be used. Developers never add something to not be used. You didn't really explain what you believe the difference between a BE and Regular Execution is, and I'd like to hear that explanation.

I'm not sure I quiet understand your meaning behind 'Subtle CO' but I think it means that you will let people generally handle themselves. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    While being hands off is generally okay, you must understand when it is a good idea to back off and when you need to be on top of things. Having a CO to give direct guidance is the reason the CO is there. You are the leader of the entire USS Almayer and are responsible for their actions.

I'm fine with your reasoning behind each of the individually laid out issues, and I like your understanding of the Insubordination difference. Insubordination certainly is a big word for a big issue. Understanding the level behind the insubordination and knowing if it's more than just that is important.

Your explanation of their job is fair, but more could explanation could have done well. Nitpicking, honestly. Trying out the new tactics and adding fresh gameplay is always fine in my books.

As for your story, this was the hardest part for me to get through. You had a SUPER jarring change from third to first person which left me confused. The writing is relatively poor and the sentences are hard to read. Aside from the overall writing, the story has very little dialogue and does not describe your Captain to be the same sort of person you've laid out in your previous answers. Your firing of the Mateba and immediate compliance seems far fetched for this server, but maybe your Captain has disciplined his mean better. The passage of time in the story is very off putting, as I wasn't sure WHEN I was.

Definitely improve on the story in the future, if not for an application, just to improve your writing abilities. I'm assuming English isn't your first language, and that's why I've decided to stay neutral despite the issues found in the app.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordBanshee View Post
    It's been about eight hours ish without any corrections, so I'll go ahead and give my opinion.

Neutral

On the basis of your personality, you seem like a nice fun leader for the Battalion to have, but I am not fond of the general lack of professionalism which you've portrayed with the 'wack tactics.' That's a personal grievance, and not something I let sway my vote. Overall, your leadership has been competent and well directed despite the gimmick.

Your opinion of the BE is something a lot of applicants share, in that it shouldn't be used. Developers never add something to not be used. You didn't really explain what you believe the difference between a BE and Regular Execution is, and I'd like to hear that explanation.

I'm not sure I quiet understand your meaning behind 'Subtle CO' but I think it means that you will let people generally handle themselves. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    While being hands off is generally okay, you must understand when it is a good idea to back off and when you need to be on top of things. Having a CO to give direct guidance is the reason the CO is there. You are the leader of the entire USS Almayer and are responsible for their actions.

I'm fine with your reasoning behind each of the individually laid out issues, and I like your understanding of the Insubordination difference. Insubordination certainly is a big word for a big issue. Understanding the level behind the insubordination and knowing if it's more than just that is important.

Your explanation of their job is fair, but more could explanation could have done well. Nitpicking, honestly. Trying out the new tactics and adding fresh gameplay is always fine in my books.

As for your story, this was the hardest part for me to get through. You had a SUPER jarring change from third to first person which left me confused. The writing is relatively poor and the sentences are hard to read. Aside from the overall writing, the story has very little dialogue and does not describe your Captain to be the same sort of person you've laid out in your previous answers. Your firing of the Mateba and immediate compliance seems far fetched for this server, but maybe your Captain has disciplined his mean better. The passage of time in the story is very off putting, as I wasn't sure WHEN I was.

Definitely improve on the story in the future, if not for an application, just to improve your writing abilities. I'm assuming English isn't your first language, and that's why I've decided to stay neutral despite the issues found in the app.
    Alrighty hello I've finally had time to get on and respond to what you have said. For now I'd like to ignore all things regarding my grammar and my story.
    When I say that Keagan plays out a more subtle CO I mean he does not like shoving his head where other COs might go such as resolving issues with the engineering team I would A. Allow them to (potentially solve the issue) by talking to the CE or whoever is causing the commotion however should the problem start interfering with my operation or with others work that is when I will step in to give my voice on the issue. And yes whilst constantly giving orders to marines is good every now and then there are rounds where command is incompetent or the marines are doing their own thing and they come out with a victory. A great example of that was the first ever ground side victory when strains first came out and it was during a mutiny which during a normal round would almost guarentee the death of every single marine but because THE SLs were competent enough they crushed the benos which really goes to show that an SL has a wider and bigger understanding of what to do in most scenarios than an SO sitting up in the Almayer could.

And for the difference for a BE and a normal execution. For me as I have stated before a BE is a tool that will instantly get a player out of the round potentially for things that marine law would say otherwise would say not to this typically has to do with things like constantly harassing the CO or another person of importance. Whilst a formal execution is usually against a serious repeat offender or someone who is being charged for a capital crime (or some other crime's maximum punishment)
    I think I've covered everything in your question. EDIT (If I could rewrite the BE section I would because now that I actually think hard about it the more useful it sounds especially with this new highpop and new players that may or may not be there to mess around)
    Last edited by BatteryBan; 03-20-2019 at 05:06 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1

G'day, CO'd you the other day and put you through hell but the way you handled it IC impressed me alot. Really showed your competence for RP in a heated situation and I think thats indicative of a creative and good player.

As for your XOing, I don't think you did bad at all but I think you could make some improvements. Make more heavier usage of announcements, you can pop one off every 60 seconds and in my opinion you should always announcing whenever your giving a squad order even if its something small. If it's been a while since your last announcement and theirs no fresh orders to give out then just do a fluffy announcement to boost morale and let the marines know that you still exist.

You should also try to maintain good rapport with your SO's as they are your hands and eyes, I'm not sure exactly what went on in the CIC but when I got back some of the LT's seemed to be pissed off over you. The orders you gave out to the marines weren't super unique but you checked all the boxes and you were able to adapt to the situations. I also like your answers on the application and you got a healthy view of what BE's are meant to be. I know what you mean by trying to be a subtle CO who lets people do their jobs, but you can still let them do their jobs while talking and making sure everyone is on track. SO's already have a quite boring job so its nice to communicate with them even if its just fluffy RP talk.

I'll chuck you my +1 because I think you show more promise in the RP and "fun and interesting" department than the majority of XO's and most the CO's we got as well. Just be a bit more of an active communicator with your ungas and I think you could be one of our better CO's.

Good cripple duel we had aswell, your sacrifice to the grenade spirits is what helped us achieve a great post boarding victory! (I think I got it recorded too haha)

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna go neutral on this one for now.

I want to see more of you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bancrose View Post
    Gonna go neutral on this one for now.

I want to see more of you.
    Sorry for the late reply here and sorry if you don't see as much as you'd like I just find myself not able to play over the week. So once again sorry for that inconvenience.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah im sticking to neutral

don't see you much when i play so can't formulate an opinion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sorry but I simply do not recognize you, so I cannot confirm or deny your ability to play as Captain. Your application suffices, but I need to see how you actually play.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry, but i'm going to have to say -1 to this one. I haven't seen you enough ingame as XO/SO/etc. especially since this app dropped for me to make a good call on this one.

You're not a bad dude, and the app isn't too bad either.

But because I haven't seen you enough in these roles recently and no one has been able to vouch for you, i'm going to have to say no on this one. Play more XO/SO/etc. for some time, and come back in a month with a good app and i'll be more then happy to see you accepted then. But for not,

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Pred App that is now null lol
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler: