User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: There needs to be a player limit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From NZ.

150+ gets very laggy for me. Though it's a bit worse than that might sound - recently I've been noticing an extreme sort of lag above and beyond the usual, with rubber-banding and major issues with clicks not registering at all. Even before that, highpop was unplayable for me as a direct combat role. Unless I was feeling especially indifferent towards accidentally shooting people in the back, that is.

I have a few suggestions up on the git for lag-reduction options - periodically deleting bloodstains, gibs, rubbish items etc, which IMO might become necessary sooner rather than later.

One issue with the proposal for expanding dropships, medbay etc - what about lowpop? There aren't always enough people on at some hours to make full use of existing facilities, and in expanded ones they'd rattle around like a dropped HEFA in Briefing.
    Last edited by Vanagandr; 03-23-2019 at 05:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah this is pretty easy. High pop is absolute cancer of an experience for people who know what CM13 was like before being a turn-based strategy game. Cap it at 150-175. maybe even 200 if you REALLY want those extra baldies, or split the server. Otherwise things might just get worse.

I agree tho we have to wait and see if the population goes back to normal. Maybe after a week. Still game is unplayable now.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have some huge optimizations ready. Let's see how it works after merge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't get to play without the optimizations, but with them it's still laggy as heck with ~150 - 250 players. It actually feels worse than what I remember for the trijient dam tests with similar numbers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    player limit would be cancer.
    What if you, an average CM player that loves the game couldn't play because of shit like Sseth's video bringing a hella lot of guests to play on the server? you would regret having the player limit, instead, just get the admins to check often and when we hit a considerable amount of people(200 at max) just take the server out of the list on the hub, simple as that, you can still join via discord(ask for the ip), forum or even the replay buton. That would be a solution and a really effective one in my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More players the better. Devs will fix lag till there's no way to fix it. They are good boys and girls working hard. I don't like the idea of limiting the amount of people we could have it once. The cluster fuck is fun.
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterClould View Post
    More players the better.
    More blood for the Blood God.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More players are fine, the new Trijent Dam seems served to cater towards high pop rounds which in of itself indicates we're in a good position.

Now it would be nice if we had a more dedicated low-pop map.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, i am experiencing way too much lag from this game and its not my own internet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah Bruv. There is no need for a hard cap.

CM is perfect at 150-200.

200 there may be *tiny* lag but that�s just optimization.

250 is uber high pop and possibly the only point a hard cap may be necessary if only for optimization.
    300 there�s a shot ton but for obvious reasons that lowers as people die. Oh and that�s rare as fuck.

CM is great in part cause of our pop. There�s no waits to jump in if you are first joining a round (read not dead or joined already). People involved also makes it more fun.

Low pop is old CM.
    Old CM of low pop is gone.

You�ll never see lower than 90 except at wierd times from my experience.

@rors has a good point. He�s like 2-4 post above.