User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visible Server Experience

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Visible Server Experience

Howdy folks. It's apparent to me, especially after today, that we don't have a good way to show if a member is new or old simply based on their name, rank, or anything generally distinguishable with their character. I'm sure this has been talked over in the past, but I think it's especially important for us now more than ever.

One possible fix is to include the initial join date of the player in their flavor text by default. Another possible fix is to have the player, is a PFC, be a PVT if they've picked the role while under a certain number of hours playtime. Anyone have any other possible solutions, or is this something anyone else would like to see?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been discussed before. May cause issues within community due to predajust? Fuck that word.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As stated by Daturix. if added (if you even can) may create Elitism in the community and elitism is never good for any community.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The community is already elitist and with good reason. New players will more often than not FF you to death and not even have the common courtesy to try and save you.
    If I could see that some random guy wasn't a complete baldy who will kill me first chance he gets I would atleast bother to hang around him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be for making rank reflect accomplishments/time played. That way new players can't go doctor, SL, or any role that needs someone competent in it for the round to be fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordBanshee View Post
    Howdy folks. It's apparent to me, especially after today, that we don't have a good way to show if a member is new or old simply based on their name, rank, or anything generally distinguishable with their character. I'm sure this has been talked over in the past, but I think it's especially important for us now more than ever.

One possible fix is to include the initial join date of the player in their flavor text by default. Another possible fix is to have the player, is a PFC, be a PVT if they've picked the role while under a certain number of hours playtime. Anyone have any other possible solutions, or is this something anyone else would like to see?
    This is a tricky issue, but one thing we could do is at least lock command and MP roles until the player has a certain number of hours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daturix View Post
    Been discussed before. May cause issues within community due to predajust? Fuck that word.
    Prejudice is the word, and yeah fuck to that shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Visible rank would only breed elitism, of which there is already too much. Fuck that shit.
    Let relationships and trust breed organically between players.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ask someone what year it is IC. If they know they've at least read the wiki and are probably semi competent.
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just look at their hair man