Hunk1 - Predator Application

Predator Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Hunk1

Marine Name
    Jason 'Goliath' Williams

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Grom'kar Ha'tolk

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    No, Recently no, but I have a ban from 2018, march, for EORG and two accounts of improper escalation of events, one of those accounts is recent.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes.

Yautja Character Story
    �Youngling, You have a lot to learn.� As Grom�kar is exhorted by the elders when he was found winding a missing blade from one hunter, the elder completes, �Handle this blade at once!�

"You are too naive, you need to pray for more wisdom to S�haul." That's what they said about him, completing, �if you remain like this, the preys will outsmart you, you will never be a hunter like others.� Grom�kar always stood along with younglings and always disobeyed the elders, beliving he would turn into a hunter one day, until the moment he saw a wounded one, which was close to his clan and was always united with the elders. While the hunter was being transported, a few words were listen coming from the hunter, �I was spared, The duelist� his honor is to surpass my own honor, I must seek S�haul and the elders for more wisdom.�

Grom�kar started to pray for S�haul and started to seek wisdom from the Elders and had the chance to listen the Elder Council which he learned a lot about being methodical, patience, and the most important which came from S�haul and the Council, Planning.

The Beginning

Grom�kar was reading a book which the elders recommended about hunting grounds and stares intently at one phrase: �The base of hunting is Patience.� then his vox caster sounds with a voice from the Elder preparing to board the mothership, �Younglings! Prepare your gear and board the ship, we�ll proceed to the hunting grounds! You shall prove WORTHY of being a Hunter on this Journey!�.
    Immediately, Grom�kar jumps from his bed, and go fetch his gear, his weapons of choice, a scimitar and a wrist blade, grab his cloaking device and plasma caster and head on foot to the mothership which was a few couple hundred meters away.

While walking, Grom�kar thinks about the word planning constantly and plans his moves for a eventual fight. When reaching the Mothership, he sees the elders and knells down speaking, �A blessing from the elders to youngling.� as the elder makes a motion to stand up, �That the servant of S�haul be blessed with Courage and Wisdom, now board up, we have a travel to the hunting grounds.�

As they reached the Hunting Grounds, The elder says, �Warriors, You both should move and hunt the Lizards! Younglings, You should watch your older and learn from them.�
    As Grom�kar prepares to leave with his gear, the elder points at him and yells, �GROM�KAR! Wise is he who learns from the errors of the elders.� and also completes, �You must stay, and watch as they progress, the others, even younglings were on the hunting grounds before, you haven�t.� Reluctant Grom�kar contest the Elder�s decision, however the Elder says, �Where is the gift of wisdom that you asked S�haul?! I found this a brave action indeed, but you are unexperienced! Now stay with me and watch the hologram.�

Visually disappointed, he stays next to the Elder and watch the hologram as the Warriors and younglings progress and listen to his advices.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Grom�Kar is a Systematic Yaut'ja, very observational, believing that patience is the key to find the most honorable prey for head on combat, Brute Strength along with a few good blows is a the force he needs, Medium armor feels good for him as long he can take some damage and pursue his prey until the inevitable fight. To challenge a prey, he constantly stalks and watch carefully every single action, all abilities, in order to take as a Honorable prey for hunt or challenge for a Duel. As he never met other species than his own blood brothers, he is neutral and tend to hunt all combat able species. He patiently waits for the Honorable Hunt to be established.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    A Hunt is when a target is found and it�s deducted to have a high level of honor, and when defeated, he is simply a trophy to the yautja, showing maturity and increasing level of experience amongst the youngbloods or same rank as the Predator itself.

The Honor Duel happens when the Predator finds out that his target is worth more than prey and gives the target the chance of a Head-on Melee combat, the loser dies or can be left alive with for exchange of a trophy.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    Grom�kar is fairly submissive to other Yaultja duo his lack of experience and desire of wisdom, when in a tag with another hunter, he would be on the support role, preventing a unworthy prey to disrupt his partner hunt or Honorable duel, as he prays to S�haul for more wisdom, he would oversee his brother�s duels and learn from it, acquiring new experiences and improving himself. For Grom�kar Ha�tolk, The Honor Code take places above all.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I find out the Predator role is a interesting way of role-play and I desire to take part of this low-pop yaultja community because I found myself playing more Roleplay jobs like intelligence officer than a active action as a marine. I would like to see how my supportive role-play would fit on the yaultja and since I played once as Primordial Abomination before, I found out all that sneaking and fighting lone wanderers is very fun.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes
    Last edited by Hunk1; 03-18-2019 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Misspelling error.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story was a bit short and didn't really show your Predators quirk/traits. Your predator seems like a very cut and dry Yautja with just a dash of more caution sprinkled in however it would be VERY interesting to see a Yautja who was submissive due to lack of skill/experience and it would lead to some interesting roleplays. There were a few gramatical errors, I dove in some logs and you are not a griefer or a bad player. You logged 92 hours in this month alone so you are obviously familiar with most of the mechanics in the game. I'm going to remain neutral for now until I can get some testimony from other players in your character if you get some other predators to +1 and attest for your character I'll gladly change my answer to a +1. Neutral for now.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VossAldrich View Post
    Story was a bit short and didn't really show your Predators quirk/traits. Your predator seems like a very cut and dry Yautja with just a dash of more caution sprinkled in however it would be VERY interesting to see a Yautja who was submissive due to lack of skill/experience and it would lead to some interesting roleplays. There were a few gramatical errors, I dove in some logs and you are not a griefer or a bad player. You logged 92 hours in this month alone so you are obviously familiar with most of the mechanics in the game. I'm going to remain neutral for now until I can get some testimony from other players in your character if you get some other predators to +1 and attest for your character I'll gladly change my answer to a +1. Neutral for now.
    About the gramatical errors, i apologise for it, English is not my first language, but i do understand the issue i even used the Microsoft word on United states English to help me correcting it.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    Predator Whitelist Application

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    Grom�kar is fairly submissive to other Yaultja duo his lack of experience and desire of wisdom, when in a tag with another hunter, he would be on the support role, preventing a unworthy prey to disrupt his partner hunt or Honorable duel, as he prays to S�haul for more wisdom, he would oversee his brother�s duels and learn from it, acquiring new experiences and improving himself. For Grom�kar Ha�tolk, The Honor Code take places above all.
    he would be on the support role, preventing a unworthy prey to disrupt his partner hunt or Honorable duel - he would oversee his brother�s duels and learn from it, acquiring new experiences and improving himself - Honestly, just go observer if you want to do that.
    For Grom�kar Ha�tolk, The Honor Code take places above all. - Same for every single other predator.
    Grom�kar is fairly submissive to other Yaultja - This is not how predators work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I find out the Predator role is a interesting way of role-play and I desire to take part of this low-pop yaultja community because I found myself playing more Roleplay jobs like intelligence officer than a active action as a marine. I would like to see how my supportive role-play would fit on the yaultja and since I played once as Primordial Abomination before, I found out all that sneaking and fighting lone wanderers is very fun.
    I would like to see how my supportive role-play would fit on the yaultja and since I played once as Primordial Abomination before - it's literally just an overpowered version of rav and it has nothing in common with the predator role.
    Next up, sneaking and fighting lone wanderers is very fun - it will get boring after few rounds and we have 50 other whitelisted preds doing the same thing, there's no point of getting more
    I found myself playing more Roleplay jobs - You won't enjoy playing as a pred then.

To sum it up,
    I don't really know who you are and your app is mediocre at best, take a look at some accepted apps and then take a look at yours, it's very short and doesn't stand out in any way.

Last edited by Avalanchee; 03-18-2019 at 08:24 PM. Reason: grammar stuff

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I've seen you ingame at all, so I can't really judge your RP abilities. Your story is pretty bland, and doesn't really go in depth on your predator's personality. Your play style is just a generic Predator, and Yautja are highly competitive. There is no 'supportive-roleplay' of Predator, you're there to hunt for game, not twiddle your thumbs and be a spectator to other Predators. Just observe the round if that's the case.

Being a Prim Abom has literally zero ties into any aspect of Predator gameplay. I don't think you're ready for the role.
    The fabled WEEB

Masamune 'Nippon' Sanada

Omen - 1st Generation Synthetic

Guan Dekna - The Shorty

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchee View Post
    he would be on the support role, preventing a unworthy prey to disrupt his partner hunt or Honorable duel - he would oversee his brother�s duels and learn from it, acquiring new experiences and improving himself - Honestly, just go observer if you want to do that.
    For Grom�kar Ha�tolk, The Honor Code take places above all. - Same for every single other predator.
    Grom�kar is fairly submissive to other Yaultja - This is not how predators work.

I would like to see how my supportive role-play would fit on the yaultja and since I played once as Primordial Abomination before - it's literally just an overpowered version of rav and it has nothing in common with the predator role.
    Next up, sneaking and fighting lone wanderers is very fun - it's will get boring after few rounds and we have 50 other whitelisted preds doing the same thing, there's no point of getting more
    I found myself playing more Roleplay jobs - You won't enjoy playing as a pred then.

To sum it up,
    I don't really know who you are and your app is mediocre at best, take a look at some accepted apps and then take a look at yours, it's very short and doesn't stand out in any way.

well, the reason why i tried this approach is all the accept preds are more of the same, gets beaten up, build rage, hunts, became a hunter.(from the ones i read up). you may know me from my old alias 'Beltway' and my Military Radio chatter roleplay.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollerNoob View Post

I don't think I've seen you ingame at all, so I can't really judge your RP abilities. Your story is pretty bland, and doesn't really go in depth on your predator's personality. Your play style is just a generic Predator, and Yautja are highly competitive. There is no 'supportive-roleplay' of Predator, you're there to hunt for game, not twiddle your thumbs and be a spectator to other Predators. Just observe the round if that's the case.

Being a Prim Abom has literally zero ties into any aspect of Predator gameplay. I don't think you're ready for the role.
    thanks you for the clarification!

i will keep your words noted in case this get denied and for a new app in future. i tend to 'try' playing with spec (rolls are getting difficult this days) but i usually play with mortar as engineer and try to be part of the JTAC more than being a marine which runs, shoots and get killed.

thanks for the opinion!

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grom�Kar is a Systematic Yaut'ja, very observational, believing that patience is the key to find the most honorable prey for head on combat, Brute Strength along with a few good blows is a the force he needs, Medium armor feels good for him as long he can take some damage and pursue his prey until the inevitable fight. To challenge a prey, he constantly stalks and watch carefully every single action, all abilities, in order to take as a Honorable prey for hunt or challenge for a Duel. As he never met other species than his own blood brothers, he is neutral and tend to hunt all combat able species. He patiently waits for the Honorable Hunt to be established.
    Very basic playstyle - essentially, you just summed up what every predator does. Not a fan of this, and imo this is the most important part of the application.

This is slightly better, however it suffers from the same flaws. Extremely bland, nothing that every predator doesn't do. You don't change up anything or bring anything new to the table, you essentially just repeated to me what predators can do while others are hunting.

Comparing playing a primordial abomination to playing predator is like comparing an apple to the eiffel tower. They have nothing in common.

Speaking of your ingame presence, I've never seen you. The story I want to say is almost decent - it needs more content, but it's getting there.

This is gonna be a -1 from me, chief. You should ask in #whitelist-app-help for more reviews next time.
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoke to the player in PMs. They do have the right energy to want to be pred, but the execution needs work. Story summed up a few aspects, but didn't actually expand upon them and tell us who your predator is. I think you can do this if you find something that only your predator would do. For now -1.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aracino View Post
    Spoke to the player in PMs. They do have the right energy to want to be pred, but the execution needs work. Story summed up a few aspects, but didn't actually expand upon them and tell us who your predator is. I think you can do this if you find something that only your predator would do. For now -1.
    Apreciated on response. Will work more on a future app.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler: