User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should we have a few Bootcamp days?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes we do.

35 53.03%
  • No we don't, they can learn themselves.

25 37.88%
  • Shut up moron.

6 9.09%
  • Lets just take our server off the hub like other servers for a few days.

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vote on "Bootcamp Day" for new Sseth tide players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr1lledcheese View Post
    Agreed, SS13 is about fucking up again and again until you learn.
    Yeah. Until you fuck up so bad actually trying to do your job that you get banned for it when all you're attempting to do is have fun playing the game. I've seen it happen on other servers. Some newbie who is genuinely trying to learn how to play their role gets either jobbanned, temp or perma'd because they accidentally fucked up the round for everyone, and the salt starts piling up. Cries of Bald and Greytide go wild and the only way to shut it down is to hand out some kind of ruling that makes the majority happy. Usually resulting in the punishment of a new player.

(Won't name the server for the sake of the player, but the whole event revolved around trying to learn Engineering and delaminating the SM because of one simple mistake. Turned the wrong valve for the emergency cooling process. Because of other events going on at the time, the delam resulted in the deaths of around 25 people over the course of about a minute and a half during a low-pop round...so yeah. 2 survivors total.)

I am all for the bootcamp idea. The more people have the opportunity to be taught the difficult things, the less chance there will be of an event like above happening. If we want the population, we ourselves as the players of the server have to take responsibility for actually trying to help these people. Not just pointing the way to the Wiki and say "There ya go. Read or get out."
    Last edited by Damarik; 03-22-2019 at 04:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damarik View Post
    Yeah. Until you fuck up so bad actually trying to do your job that you get banned for it when all you're attempting to do is have fun playing the game. I've seen it happen on other servers. Some newbie who is genuinely trying to learn how to play their role gets either jobbanned, temp or perma'd because they accidentally fucked up the round for everyone, and the salt starts piling up. Cries of Bald and Greytide go wild and the only way to shut it down is to hand out some kind of ruling that makes the majority happy. Usually resulting in the punishment of a new player.

(Won't name the server for the sake of the player, but the whole event revolved around trying to learn Engineering and delaminating the SM because of one simple mistake. Turned the wrong valve for the emergency cooling process. Because of other events going on at the time, the delam resulted in the deaths of around 25 people over the course of about a minute and a half during a low-pop round...so yeah. 2 survivors total.)

I am all for the bootcamp idea. The more people have the opportunity to be taught the difficult things, the less chance there will be of an event like above happening. If we want the population, we ourselves as the players of the server have to take responsibility for actually trying to help these people. Not just pointing the way to the Wiki and say "There ya go. Read or get out."
    I didn't mean for it to come off like that, new players shouldn't have to be put under pressure with no help. I'm happy to assist new players and we have mentors. All I was trying to say was that the best way to learn is on the job. Everyone else has learned without a bootcamp, so we should just give the newbies time and lenience to learn the basics.