xeroxemnas - Predator Application

Predator Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    xeroxemnas

Marine Name
    John Petrovich

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Czh�cara

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    no

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes

Yautja Character Story
    The world was an indecipherable mess of black and blue; the occasional spot of bright red acting as a landmark.. The sounds of the forest were slow and distorted, and overlapped by the unusual rhythmic pounding of an alien heartbeat. A digital audio equalizer bar lowered vertically into view on the left-hand side, analysing the various sounds it detected and saved them for future study should the need arise. The black silhouette of a clawed, five-fingered hand rose into view and balled itself into a fist.

The time had come at last; another game was about to begin. Another chance to prove herself worthy of hunting alongside a clan of seasoned male warriors. To prove herself to her father, the chieftain of the brotherhood of Predators. She wasn�t going to fail a second time, else death would be her only prize. There were no shortcuts, no preferential treatment; only do or die, kill or be killed.

Czh�cara was still young and relatively new to the life of intergalactic trophy-hunting that her species was renowned for throughout the universe. But when you commit yourself to that way of life, there was no going back, lest you receive the death penalty for the shame you bring to the dignity of the species as a whole. Hunting was a sacred rite of passage, and the people of her world who were too frightened or otherwise incapable were seen as a lower caste; as scum to be spat on, reviled, and oftentimes used as forced labor. That was not going to be her destiny.

She was issued with the standard customary arsenal all her brethren brought with them on hunts: a gauntlet that had built-in serrated blades that extended for close combat; a shoulder-mounted plasma cannon for the more bothersome quarry, and a self-destruct device to be used only as a final resort to not only die with dignity, but to erase any trace of your existence so no others could reverse-engineer your technology.

She reached behind her and pulled out her personal weapon of choice: a deadly telescopic trident made from a precious metal found nowhere else in the universe but her homeworld. The device quickly extended out from both ends, and from its sides, two serrated blades snapped open to form the head of the trident itself. She examined it for any flaws or damages, to which, of course, there were none. Satisfied she had made the right choice, the weapon retracted itself back into its compact mode with loud, gaseous clicks, whereafter she promptly stored it behind her on her back.

A terrifying, animalistic roar bellowed in the distance, quaking the ground and the tree she was crouched in. She stood up on the branch and turned to face the direction of the source of such a fearsome sound. The manner of creature it came from would surely earn her the respect of her peers. And father, most of all. But game-hunting wasn�t just about the size of the skull itself; it was about how intuitive, resourceful, and capable of fighting back your foe was in battle. After all, there was no sport in going after only simple beasts who attack out of instinct alone. Your enemy had to have some semblance of intelligence and a capacity for combat.

The youngblooded Predator activated her camouflage technology, which enveloped her entire body in complete transparency. Only by moving did the shimmering of the refracted light give her position away, otherwise she was a ghost to anything with eyes to see. She effortlessly bounded from her perch; from tree to tree and branch to branch across the jungle to meet her quarry. There was no-one on this world that would be a match for her and absolutely nothing would stand in her way of honor and glory.

Czh�cara watched the pair of male figures as they trekked along dirt paths and over gnarled roots. It seemed that the older one was crippled, judging from the limp and walking staff he carried. Half-blind, too, from the fact it had one of his eyes covered. Whether he was born that way, or he sustained those injuries in battle was irrelevant. There was no pride in killing an injured elder. It was a shame that she wouldn�t have the glory of hunting two creatures at once, she thought. As tough as they may have to be to survive on the jungles of this world, endurance was not a factor her kind often considered in the hunt. No, she needed a prey who had strength and speed. A prey that could fight back. A prey that could offer her the risk and glory of an honourable death.

She watched the orange and red blobs from her perch in the treetops. The taller one intrigued her. He bore a resemblance to the other, but it was not exact. It was obviously the other�s offspring, but the difference in height was vast enough to create doubt. And there was more: the older one was strong, but the other�s strength rivaled or even exceeded her own, which filled her with anticipation. They carried bundles of broken branches and firewood as large as their companion�s torso with the ease one would use to carry a weapon.

Leaping from branch to branch, the fur-like coverings of the branches muffling her steps, Czh�cara stalked ahead of the pair. She only needed to find a better position before she could strike. An open space for a clear shot or a river where they would stop for a while. A few other beasts and creatures flickered in and out of her vision but they could be ignored. They ran from the pair, so they could not be used as a hunt.

She�d found her prey, and all she had to do now was wait.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Czh'cara seeks to prove her worth to her fellow hunters by securing a prize from a truly worthy and dangerous foe. Obviously this does not include injured or unarmed opponents as outlined above. It is her objective to weed out the strong from the weak so that only the strongest of the strong may be valid as prey in her eyes. Czh'cara is by no means perfect however and has a dire fear of failure as she knows of the consequences it will bring for both her and by extension her family.
    In terms of gameplay I want to make good use of the yautja translator in order to gather information on potential targets so I may deduce who the most dangerous fighter is of a particular force so I may challenge them.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    Honor duels are exclusively done with melee weapons. Only a predator can initiate the the honor duel and must provide the opponent with a melee weapon. An honor duel is only for exceptional cases where a human or another opponent has proven themselves to be almost predator-level in fighting skill.
    A hunt can only be done on worthy prey, as in no wounded or unarmed prey, with all of the appropriate weapon restrictions as outlined in the predator code of honor.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    Treat them with the honor and dignity that they deserve. Obviously, youngbloods are going to compete with one another to prove their worth, but it shouldn't lead to huge squabbles and should be a friendly rivalry. Being relatively young, my predator would obviously seek to learn from the more experienced elders.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    A change of perspective, mainly. Playing a human every round gets tiresome and being able to play as a completely unique and independent faction is of interest to me. Also being able to influence the round in subtle and and indirect ways has always appealed to me. I am an extremely responsible person and by no means immature. Unfortunately I work both a full time job as an accountant during tax season and I am currently studying for the CPA exam so my time on the server recently is not as plentiful as I would've wanted it to be.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't say I've ever seen you playing.

Czh'cara seeks to prove her worth to her fellow hunters by securing a prize from a truly worthy and dangerous foe. Obviously this does not include injured or unarmed opponents as outlined above. It is her objective to weed out the strong from the weak so that only the strongest of the strong may be valid as prey in her eyes. Czh'cara is by no means perfect however and has a dire fear of failure as she knows of the consequences it will bring for both her and by extension her family.
    In terms of gameplay I want to make good use of the yautja translator in order to gather information on potential targets so I may deduce who the most dangerous fighter is of a particular force so I may challenge them.
    How does this make you different from a cookie cutter Predator?
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattAtlas View Post
    How does this make you different from a cookie cutter Predator?
    I do understand that this part of the app is a bit brief in comparison to the others. The reason I had for this is that I feel much of what lets a predator have an impact upon a round is through emergent gameplay. It is a bit cookie cutter indeed because I intend to observe thoroughly before making an action. This is reflected through my character's personality as she has failed in a hunt before by being too reckless and obviously does not want to repeat the same mistake twice. Through past failure my character has learned to be far more patient and observant. That being said, Czh'cara is not above taunting foes or intentionally creating obstacles in order to lure out opponents so that they are forced to fight on her terms rather than on theirs. I do intend to have a style of play that is highly interactive with both the marines and the xenomorphs as to not simply be a passive observer.

I also feel it would be interesting to give advice to other youngbloods so that they do not make the same mistakes that I did as it is very common for youngbloods to be overtly aggressive which can has lead many an overconfident one to their death. When hunting with others I would keep a close eye on them and keep a contingency plan if things do go south. Essentially I would have a character who thinks several steps ahead unlike the average youngblood who tends to rush into things too quickly, ultimately leading to unwanted consequences.
    Last edited by xeroxemnas; 03-19-2019 at 01:09 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely no idea who you are.

I suggest you join the discord if you aren't in already and get known a bit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, Looked at play time. You took a break December and January. and you have been around since October(no logged activity in September or August so taking an assumption). October and November you average 25 hours per month. Feb and march has an average of 33 hours. (Numbers may not be 100% accurate.) I dont really know who you are man. but you do have SOME playtime under your belt. although my playtime this month alone nearly matches four months of your playtime.
    Last edited by VortexGaming; 03-19-2019 at 02:00 PM.
    Kaitlynn Lawson The Captain: https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18802
    Alicia The Motherly Synthetic: https://cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=17406
    Ja'akir Aki The Messenger of the Gods: //showthrea...or-Application
    Staff history:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have a note for improper escalation this month.
    You are not eligible for predator at this time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    You have a note for improper escalation this month.
    You are not eligible for predator at this time

Yeah, this settles the deal for me. You shouldn't be applying for Predator with notes like that on the same month.

Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, if you have a note within the last month it's going to be a - 1 from me as well.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll go ahead and deny this now, as I can assure you that your app isn't gonna be strong enough to overcome the negative note you had. Use the whitelist help channel on the CM discord to help improve your app for the future. Also, you'll want to make a name in the community as with 2 post on the forums and possibly not even in the discord, the only internatcions anyone will ever have with you is through the server, which isn't gonna be the easiest way to make a name. Take what you've been told here and learn from others when making your next application. For now, this is denied.