User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Limiting Mentor powers

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny how mentors like SailorDave have been caught and confronted multiple times but still retain their position.

I fail to see the lack of context, a clique of staff throw a piss fit whenever they don't get their way.

I can't help you can't police your staff if you're not willing to hold them accountable.

Hmm just for sake of date and context? What was Dave up to 12/31/2018
    Last edited by bobatnight; 03-20-2019 at 12:03 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I�m going to say now unless this https://gitlab.com/cmdevs/ColonialMa...note_149247481 has already been implemented then from being an admin just a few weeks ago it does not leave a log in game. Unless you�re talking about the JMP command which is entirely different. Or if you�re talking about server logs it does there, but that�s not an active way of trying to catch people abusing aghost.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know there is a log that shows up in the LOGs itself.
    No idea if admins can see aghosting however. I think reducing even more powers that mentors have is just asking for them to not even apply as it would be almost impossible to do a job unless you ghosted for a round.

Ruining any mentor's fun and making it a completely boring task to do when you have to quit your round just to help someone.
    Last edited by Aceluke; 03-20-2019 at 12:30 AM.
    Characters
    Alex Rossfield - Marine Roles
    Luke Diamond - Captain
    Lukas - Synthetic
    Alex Rossfield
    CM History
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a strong opinion either way, but I will note that the few mentor ahelps I've had to handle back when I was staff on another server didn't require the use of aghost. It really wasn't all that hard to help people without watching them. If you needed to physically see what someone was talking about in order to help them, consider using msay to ask staff if they can put you back into your body when you do ghost.
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator

Event Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm just for sake of date and context? What was Dave up to 12/31/2018
    There's something helpful!
    thanks. I'll go look.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kineem View Post
    I don't have a strong opinion either way, but I will note that the few mentor ahelps I've had to handle back when I was staff on another server didn't require the use of aghost. It really wasn't all that hard to help people without watching them. If you needed to physically see what someone was talking about in order to help them, consider using msay to ask staff if they can put you back into your body when you do ghost.
    Most of the time I'd agree but it's useful during the times where you're not given enough information which can be figured out a lot faster if you see the situation and cut out the tedious questions.

Compare
    Warrior: "How come I can't use my abilities?"
    Mentor: "Are you on four legs? Are you hovering over the marine with the mouse and then middleclicking?"
    Warrior: "I'm on four legs."
    Mentor: "You can't use your abilities while on four legs."

to

Warrior: "why ability no work"
    *jump*
    Mentor: "you need to be on two legs"

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howd that turn out Jerk

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have information pertaining to what you believe is a breach of staff P&P, or rules, create a staff report and report the incident and provide constructive criticism.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah just police your mentors lol don't they have a manager?

Event Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobatnight View Post
    Howd that turn out Jerk
    Went through a month of logs and looked up ~1500 instances of aghosting in December of 2018, including the 155 total incidents of all staff using aghost on the reported day in question.

That's how it went.

Always been policy to not disclose if/how staff have been disciplined outside of removals, and then only that a removal has occurred if that is the case. Just like we don't generally talk about people's notes or bans except with them and in the case of appeals.

If the subject of an investigation, or staff who were punished, feel the need to talk about it; it's on them whether they want to do so or not.