User Tag List

Thread: Most awesome round / moment / comeback as xeno

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most awesome round / moment / comeback as xeno

Since we already have your biggest fuckups as xeno, might aswell have the most awesome moment.

Mine is definitely the round of Prison where I was the Queen, all of it.

The round was going pretty well, but our numbers were whittled down quite heavily, and during LZ1 FOB siege, we had less than 10 xenos.
    The marines try to push, but we hold.
    They end up retreating to come back, while I'm ovi'd up in the security dorms, that small room next to tcomms corridor.

A warrior and a drone end up grabbing and infecting so many people that the admins themselves come down and rename them Abductor and Infector, respectively.
    It was beautiful to watch, marines getting grabbed one by one, each of them added as capture to our makeshift hive.

All of the time, we were right there, but the marines failed to take us out, despite still having quite good numbers.

In the end, we grabbed enough captures, got enough xenos, and boarded the Almayer. I think we won.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a recent "red army" LV round where the queen got up from ovi and charged with 6-7 ravagers. The hive never stopped charging, and steamrolled all the way to the dropship where queen locked it and prevented even a single marine from escaping the planet. Queen launched it within a few minutes and marines had absolutely no time to breathe.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was on prison, hive got massacred it was only me (boiler), some sentinel, and symbiosis as queen left. This was before acid spray got nerfed. I was able to hold off all the marine advances through the eastern hallway into civ residence with acid spray and symbiosis doing his queen thing while the sentinel was stunning anyone we managed to drag off and beat to death. The sentinel died but symbiosis and I were able to go to the almayer after crushing enough marines on the prison station that they evacced. We went to cic and were smashing alot of marines but then symbiosis got caught out so I sacrificed myself body blocking the marine and acid spraying the only doorway to get to symbiosis (acid spray lasted a long time then). This gave symbiosis time to heal up thne he went on to massacre the rest of the marines by himself. If I remember correctly it was 40+ against 3. Acid spray was nerfed a couple of weeks later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The SD Hive a couple months back. Basically marines beat us badly on the ship so queen called us to SD and we pulled a reverse SD defense. Ungas assaulted and so many got captured the hive bounced back to like twenty and steamrolled the marines

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I once set up a Hive in Ice Colony underground Admin or something, basically smack dab in the middle of a long hallway wide open to the East and West. Xenos were being bald and not scouting so the marines got the drop on us from both flanks. We lost 3/4 of the Hive but managed to hold out long enough for us to capture and slaughter an equal amount of PFCs. The siege was relentless, with the Marines pushing hard for almost an hour straight mere steps away from the center of the Hive before we finally routed them.

I think we lost around 40 xenos total to the marine's 100, before replenishing our numbers and smashing through a near-empty Almayer.

It was a good round.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A good while ago, I spawned as a queen on Big Red, and the round seemed to be headed for disaster. The survivors were insanely robust and killed a number of xenos, to the point that they decided "hey, lets go raid the xeno hive" and considering the damage they did already, I had to throw EVERYTHING at them to take them out, which was awkward because they were just survivors. Our hive seemed to be a tad bald, and when the marines eventually deployed and began their assault on Lambda in full force, my swarm was unable to retain ground and I was forced to deovi due to the rapid advance of the marines.

I realized that all hope was lost, but rather than flee like a coward, I figured I'd go down fighting, kill as many as I can before my hive crumbles into dust under the boots of the USCM. And so we fought our last stand, coordinating charge after charge and dealing as much damage as we could, marines attacking from multiple flanks and whittling us down xeno by xeno... Surely this was the end.

But then, somehow... We managed to break the morale of the marine force, causing them to fall back and giving us a breather, allowing us to call in reserve larva and recollect ourselves after a brutal defense. When they came back, we stood firm just as hard as before, taking more losses, but dishing out plenty of pain and making their assault a hellish experience. It was a blood bath... A blood bath that I would come out on top of, much to my amazement.

Against all odds, my hive managed to survive, and we eventually pushed the invaders OUT of our caves for good, rebuilding our forces somewhat and managing to impress the staff to the point that they give me the choice of a title. So I went with "The Ruler of Dunes" (due to living on a very sandy planet) and from there, we eventually took the fight to their FoB, and then reached the almayer, where by then I had become the Ancient Ruler of Dunes, force of nature and defier of fate. If I am correct, we managed to win that round (which I think lasted 3ish hours), one of the most intense and brutal rounds of queen I ever played, and my most glorious.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had an epic comeback as a queen a while ago. Big red, lamda hive. FIVE FUCKING BOILERS. 1 Ravager, 1 crusher I think. No praes. WE had like 36 xenos, 5 bad lurkers. They all died very shortly after, even tho I gave them warding leader. Boilers are dead very quickly to a flank. I deovid to repel invaders in our beautiful lambda hive. Ran south. We were down to 15 against like 130 marines. Thankfully big red caves are pretty good and I could run a bit east and reovi. I had like 30 burrowed. I had about 10 minutes to get out 10 larva before marines pushed me once again. They started trickling in, so me and my xenos made short work of them.

After that they kept trickling in, letting us kill them and get some captures. I reovid, got more larva out. We were back to our full glory after. Then something happened that I never think I'd say: I needed another boiler. I gave a direct order for a spitter because no one ever wants to evolve to T3 when I need them to. With our wonderful boiler that didn't suck we sieged marines very hard and won. It was glorious.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One time as sentinel I neurod a marine just as he was priming a grenade. Grenade took down most of his squad.