Byond ID?
    lordbanshee

CM Character?
    Xavier 'Tag' Hart

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    EST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    Numbers aren't certain depending on work schedule, but I work and sleep outside of playing video games. A lot of hours, likely.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Minecraft servers, ArmA units, TAW.net, IRL stuff

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Not recently, but I used to play on Yog a few years back.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    -Duplicate Question

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Always ready and willing.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Firstly I would check to see if the player has any previous history in his notes. Provided his notes are clear, I would bwoink him to inform him that what he had done was in fact against the rules and educate him, but I would not punish him as the situation was already handled IC. If the player had any previous history of poor behavior or similar offenses, I would apply a ban.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Due to predator being a whitelisted role, I feel as though a player report would be much better suited for dealing with the issue as it can be handled with proper hindsight. I would want to contact the predator to ask about the person they killed, and see if it was in fact against the honor code to kill them.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would contact the pajamarine and ask them if they needed any help. I would try to direct them in the direction of their mess hall and ready room so they can get all their equipment, and I would try to direct them towards a friendly marine from their squad who can help tutor them.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would not respond or retaliate to the name calling, and if they proceeded to push with insults I would warn him that being rude to staff members through ahelp will not help them with their initial issue. I would also inform them that if they have any issue at all with the way the problem was handled they can file a staff report, and I would provide them with the link to the form, in which they can put together a staff report about my behavior.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would firstly thank the player who ahelped the issue and then inform them I will be resolving it. I would contact the John Doe in question and inform him of the character name policy outlined by Rule 12. If the player is in compliance with the rule, I will ask them what they'd like to be renamed as, check to see if that name is compliant as well, and then change their name.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    As long as he's not causing any harm to personnel on the ship and griefing, he hasn't violated and server rules and there's no reason for me to get involved. Checking their notes quickly to check for a history of griefing may be warranted just in case.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Survivors are allowed to be hostile to the marines, but it is encouraged they have a valid roleplay reason to do so. I can check the logs to confirm if they were immediately hostile or not to the marines. Provided it all checks out, I would message the marine informing him that survivors are allowed to engage the marines, given they don't turncoat. I would direct him to the roleplay standards in the rules for guidance.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would contact both the player and the MP to get their side of the stories, using logs to confirm what exactly happened. If the player had actually committed a crime worthy of perma brig, I would let the issue be handled IC. If the player had only ran into req and taken an attachment, I would inform the MP that neither trespassing nor theft are crimes worthy of permanent brigging, and I would ask that they take corrective action IC for their sentencing. If the MP has a previous history of over sentencing marines in their notes, a ban may be appropriate.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    The easiest solution would probably be to use Queen Mother to tell the Queen, or whatever xenos are left, to attack the ship. If giving orders from high command is an option I would attempt to roleplay the situation out for a situation report and demand the immediate assault of the planet again to finish the operation.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Since I am a part of the situation, it would be inappropriate for me to take action. I would use ahelp or msay to get assistance from another moderator who could resolve the issue without a chance for bias.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Since Marines and CLF are hostile to each other during the round, they cannot 'grief' one another, so EORG rules do not apply UNLESS the CLF in the round were somehow magically allied to the USCM, in which I would check logs and apply a 3 hour EORG ban to the marine after letting them know what they did wrong, if everything checks out.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    If they are disarming, punching, and stealing gear they should have a nice hefty log to boot. I'd check the logs to confirm it, inform the marine that they are griefing and that is against server rules, and apply a ban after checking their notes to see if there is a history of the bad behavior.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I would let the victim know the issue is being resolved and then inform the offender that they committed improper escalation as outlined by Rule 14. I would also give them the link to the rules and make sure they understand. If they had any previous notes, I would ban.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would remind the mutineers using OOC or LOOC that they must have one person be the assigned leader and they must admin help the name of all the mutineers. Once that has been completed, the mayhem may commence. I would watch over the mutiny and ensure no one was being unrevivably killed.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I would LOOC into the conversation and ask them to tone down the remarks as they're making someone uncomfortable. I would read over the comments being made and make sure nothing is blatantly over the top, and might check the notes of the people involved depending on the situation.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    An immediate 7 day ban would be warranted, as well as an aheal for all of those affected. Using LOOC to try to get everyone to simmer back on down, as I'm sure everyone is going to be freaking out. Once that has been done, I would fill out a permaban request.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I'd contact them and ask them why they charged straight into the fight and died as a larva. If they have any level of reasonable response I would probably let it be but if they answered with something stupid or were obviously trolling/griefing, I would give a xeno ban or temp ban if they any notes.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I'd message the xeno and let him know that the server frowns on LRP and we would appreciate it if he stopped. I would also inform him that as a xeno he has to follow orders given by the queen and should not be insulting her.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Calling it a dropship is fine, as outlined in the Xeno roleplay standards. "Xeno hivemind is an English translation of their thoughts, so words such as �hydro� or �shuttle� are acceptable." I would inform the Xeno player ahelping of the roleplay standard and thank them for their concern.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I would thank the marine bringing it to my attention and inform the command staff member that they are not supposed to know IC about the aliens on the planet. I would ask them to play it off as a joke via. IC and would also check their notes to see if there was any other similar infractions.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Firstly, there is no reason for them to actually kill one another as the marine can just rest and their buddy can also get in. Assuming this was impossible and was tried, and the marine trying to get in was telling him to lay down and was shoving him first, to no avail, killing them to get in would be acceptable. It's all a matter of proper escalation, but it probably wouldn't be an issue if any of the marines knows about the IC tab.

If trying to gauge proper escalation, I can check logs and can confer with the other two marines who weren't a part of the shoving and getting killed issue.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I would inform the player that if he had any issues with their experience with me that they can always use the staff report, and I would provide the form to it. If they persist, I would first warn them to stop and then I would apply a mute for the remainder of the round if they persisted.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I would let him know he should high tail it back to the Almayer for surgery. SSD happens to the best of us, but there's nothing I should do for him at that point.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would first contact the fellow staff member in msay to inform them of the error they're making. If they persist regardless, I would contact a senior mod or an admin to assist. I'm not sure of the Chain of Command procedure for an issue like this, but I'm sure there's a contact line.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    If I had to get involved, I would do my best to act as a mediator between the two as I was not involved in the issue. I would hear both sides of the story and then work with them to come up with a solution which best accurately fit our group enforcement, and we inform the player of any changes to their sentence via. the discord or forums.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I would like to become a moderator so I can become more immersed in the community, and assist people in having as much fun as they can. I had previously been interested in being a mentor, and has looked at becoming a mod when I had first joined CMSS13 back in 2016. I have always had great joy in the community, and the game, and as a returning player I'd like to get more involved.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    To me, the most important quality for a moderator to have is unselfishness. This quality is grounded in servant leadership. A moderator is not in their position to serve their own interested, but instead to act as a servant for the people who they oversee. Moderators must not act in accordance with their own ego or views, but that of the server and the community so they can best serve those they've been chosen to serve.

Anything else you
    Having played CMSS13 for so long, I have had a load of fun and have always admired the staff for their positive attitude and consistency in policing the issues in the community. I would love to get involved, as there is very little in my personal life which I'm obligated to do other than work. With so much time and a lot of interest, I hope I can make a great addition to the team. Thank you.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Answers are basically flawless and show an excellent understanding of the rules and how we do things. Player has a nearly perfect note history (one note nearly a year ago for a name that didn't fit RP guidelines, and one note 3 years ago for EORG), and spectacular playtime, 140+ hours this month.

I fully support this application, and personally have no additional questions. +1
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would contact the pajamarine and ask them if they needed any help. I would try to direct them in the direction of their mess hall and ready room so they can get all their equipment, and I would try to direct them towards a friendly marine from their squad who can help tutor them.
    Not to sound like a smartass, but what about a certain role in our staff team? Would you give it to them first or steal their jobs and do it anyway?

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couple of good answers, a couple less so. Ill start out by seconding what LLJK questioned. We have a mentor team for a reason, Dont be stealing their job then trying to pass it off to another marine, Rather minor concerns all in all and it comes with training and experiance. Noone else has yet so i will. Heres a couple quick questions at you coz our application is old and outdated.

1. A fellow staff member is acting very badly IC(for arguments sake me, a fellow moderator). For most of the round they've been really toeing the line with the rules, but at one point a marine punchs them at which point they pull out a shotgun and PB the marine twice taking thier head off. What ye doin there?

2. Same question but with a WL player IE a preds been hunting dishonorably or a synth combatsynthing etc. Youve got another player in a position of somewhat power, breaking and bending rules. Whats your course of action?
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Not to sound like a smartass, but what about a certain role in our staff team? Would you give it to them first or steal their jobs and do it anyway?
    I would prioritize giving them to the mentor team or ensuring they were being helped by them first, but I would certainly help them out if no mentor was responding or they were all pre-occupied.

Quote Originally Posted by 420M.Y.K View Post
    Couple of good answers, a couple less so. Ill start out by seconding what LLJK questioned. We have a mentor team for a reason, Dont be stealing their job then trying to pass it off to another marine, Rather minor concerns all in all and it comes with training and experiance. Noone else has yet so i will. Heres a couple quick questions at you coz our application is old and outdated.

1. A fellow staff member is acting very badly IC(for arguments sake me, a fellow moderator). For most of the round they've been really toeing the line with the rules, but at one point a marine punchs them at which point they pull out a shotgun and PB the marine twice taking thier head off. What ye doin there?

2. Same question but with a WL player IE a preds been hunting dishonorably or a synth combatsynthing etc. Youve got another player in a position of somewhat power, breaking and bending rules. Whats your course of action?
    1. No one, regardless of ranking or position, is above the server rules. They are made for everyone to follow. I would contact you, in this case, and inform you that you've been acting poorly IC and have done improper escalation. I'm not sure if it's possible to ban a fellow moderator, but I would if you had any recent notes regarding the same issue. Regardless of my own ability to react, I would inform a senior mod or admin so they can handle the issue, as well as reporting the incident via a staff report.

2. In either a predator or synth situation, I would inform them they're breaking the rules and tell them to stop immediately. If they have any notes regarding this, give a ban and make a player report based on their actions so their whitelist status can be resolved. Otherwise, leave a heavy note and a warning, as well as sharing with them the Predator Honor Code and Synthetic Laws respectively. Once they've read through it, I'll make certain they agree to it and they can continue the round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From your application I felt neutral leaning to -1 towards you and with your answers from fellow staff has tipped me to say -1.

The way you reason your punishments doesn't feel to me as what we are looking for in our staff and feels that you aren't exactly that open to ways other than you're own. And the questions from my fellow staff reinforce that idea to me. While this is my opinion, I believe this could be fixed in a trial, I just don't think it'll work out. But it's not entirely up to me, good luck on your app.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response, Daturix. I appreciate the feedback and am left confused as to why you would think I'm not open to other ideas. As someone who would be coming into something new, and with limited knowledge as I've never actually done any SS13 moderating, I would be extremely open to new ideas and policies as per whatever the current standard for moderators are. I apologize if I've come across in anyway as close minded, as that's not my intention.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be willing to give you a shot, most stuff could probably be ironed out during a trial.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daturix View Post
    From your application I felt neutral leaning to -1 towards you and with your answers from fellow staff has tipped me to say -1.

The way you reason your punishments doesn't feel to me as what we are looking for in our staff and feels that you aren't exactly that open to ways other than you're own. And the questions from my fellow staff reinforce that idea to me. While this is my opinion, I believe this could be fixed in a trial, I just don't think it'll work out. But it's not entirely up to me, good luck on your app.
    I agree with Daturix here, some of your answers are good, others are not. If a staff member is acting up in game you collect evidence and take it to their respective manager, we cannot take direct action against another staff member be it notes or bans (you are correct in thinking a ban would not work)
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response Mizari and forest.

I wasn't sure if I was able to respond to it myself, as I haven't learned much of the relationship between the different staff positions. I am certainly eager to learn and appreciate I the knowledge.