User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Experiences and interactions with the Ssethtide (New Players)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Experiences and interactions with the Ssethtide (New Players)

Does anyone have any interesting experiences and interactions with the Ssethtide?

Here are my favorites

I late joined about 5 minutes into a round to see an undressed squad marine dismembering another marine in the hallway with a machete. I walked up and said "You must be new", to which he replied "Yes".
    I preceded to tell him he shouldn't do that and right after he was either instantly slept or disconnected.

After that mess, I entered Charlie prep and came face to face with a Bravo squad marine who was asking how to use the equipment closets and how to shoot.

It's been rough boys but there are actually some newbies who are generally interested in learning and playing the game correctly; and I've enjoyed helping them along.

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i play a lot of combat medic and doctor.

so 2 or 3 rounds ago i lost an arm, and i had to teach the doctor how to insert it back "loocly"

and other round i had to teach the chemist to put pill in bottles

he named the bottle (medicine) (bottle of pi)

.. and also i asked for keloderm and he gave me that 30u bottle of liquid once, was at least funny, he learned tho now he will not make mistakes anymore and we got a new player.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mentors got some pretty funny things to tell.

My favorite was the group of 5 naked marines fighting eachothers in cryo with their armor/M41 mags/Buckshot box, I was laughing so hard I couldn't even mentor them properly. Just imagine 5 cavemens fighting naked in a spaceship

However, we have a lot of players willing to learn and play the game properly which is very good.
    The French Madmen: Capitaine Renaud 'Sierra' Chatillon

Almaric, the history teacher synthetic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And entire squad worth of medics refusing to treat marines because FF was so high that they has almost depleted all there meds before the fog had even dropped on LV.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite was a delta engi trying to gear up, but couldn't figure out how to put clothes on. After a few moments of guiding him, he said "whoa cool thanks!"

I laughed both cuz the response, and imagining a world where a marine wouldn't know how to get dressed. Good stuff
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's difficult to play.

Between the powerpoint slideshow gameplay due to playercount later on, all the FF on the marine side that's almost unavoidable, important marine roles being taken by new players and the metric ton of xenos that spawn in relation to marine numbers that are balanced to compensate for there being MUCH fewer xenos, it's hard to enjoy a round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I could, I'd buckshot them before deployment to save the round.

besides that, a fresh out of the boat marine stumbled upon me and sticked to me like a puppy and he really tried to RP so I respect that, I teached him the ropes and basics and told him to read the guides. Hope he sticks around

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    taught a few marines the ropes, was a ton of fun, but we had a round in which me and one other marine became assistance officers, and I felt like a tour guide, which was kind of funny, but it wasn't really feasible as they were all at different levels of familiarity with the mechanics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure one of them got Survivor's Guilt when they tried SO and everyone died.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suffering
    2 FPS
    382 tons of shrapnel
    Netspeak

CMs in 2019