User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Experiences and interactions with the Ssethtide (New Players)

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One that sticks to mind when I was running the medbay was a doctor wearing an apron and a chef's hat trying to amputate a marine's right arm with a bayonet because he 'asked for a shiny new robot limb.' Upon questioning his usage of the bayonet, he complained that there were no other appropriate tools nearby while standing next to a surgical tray.

Another more light-hearted one was when I had the opportunity to IC mentor a player who clearly did not know the game's controls, leading to me spoonfeeding him rations while yelling at him to say that he was 'a slack-jawed baby who's too wet behind the ears to feed himself.' I think I later saw him playing normally so my advice worked somehow.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Literally watching Alpha fall to pieces each time it gets a crewie SL. God speed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After getting back onboard and heading to charlie prep to restock on ammo, I found a naked guy wielding a carbine and a knife. After he asked for help I mentored him icly and even took him to the firing range. Then the alamo got hijacked, so I decided to evac him.
    I ended up jynxing the dropship crash, so we had to run to the upper floor. New guy didnt know how to, so me and another marine went down to save him, finding him being chased by a crusher. When I tried to launch the pod, the crusher got in and the pod exploded, a disappointing ending.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Brad I helped a shit ton of new players. There was a guy named "Pizza Pasta" who I guided to alpha prep to get geared up, then some doctor with the name "numongous higger" came in and started beating him with a flame thrower, I stopped the mad doctor who was admin slept and then an admin bwoinked me to ask if I could to take him to cryo. Pizza Pasta at that point wanted to figure out things for himself and I let him be. Also an MP made me help a bald CT and by the time I left he was vending attachments like a pro. Then he decided to shoot up req and got brigged. Also I got this medal. Medal.jpg
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I�m playing CMP almost right after the review video came out. One of the admins or maybe mods tells me �good luck� so a little into this round I am ignoring all the bodies in the halls. I hop on a cam console And switch to cryo just to witness a bald MT beat a bald marine who just woke up with a light tube. A little later on the camthis MT DECAPS the same marine with a light tube

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So that explains the losing and lack of coordination as of late....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SunaLova View Post
    So that explains the losing and lack of coordination as of late....
    We actually managed to win two rounds today with a good amount of resistance from the Xenos, I think the worst of the Seth fans are gone now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibble View Post
    We actually managed to win two rounds today with a good amount of resistance from the Xenos, I think the worst of the Seth fans are gone now.
    Yeah I haven't been randomly ffed waiting for ds or at req in a few days, so hope this is true. Some of the new people I've seen at least try. Had an amazing round two nights ago with Lauffer as CO, and newbies in alpha actually did shit (the red menace as Lauffer called it). Bravo was full of new boots last night during a windhealer round and it was genuinely my favorite cm round in a while. I'm just doing my best to make rounds enjoyable for the new people I see that want to try. Haven't played xeno since the sseth video so dunno how they are faring
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's always pleasant to see newbies blossom, slowly but surely.

That or seeing them achieve hitherto-unknown levels of baldness.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spawn in as Alpha Smartgunner, I line up at the RO line. The Line takes incredibly long levels of time....The time is 12:28...briefing has been concluded, and I reach 3rd in line thank god....I wait 3rd in line for 8 minutes.....eventually I reach 1st in line and I order a BFA, 2 grenades and 3 M39 AP rounds....the RO asks, what is the M39 AP? -immediate red flag- eventually he couldn't find it and I say fuck it, just give me my grenades......he goes where? I point to the box of M40 HEDP behind him, he goes away....comes back and I point to it again, he goes to the box and says how do I open it....
    I RP dying inside as I start dying inside IRL....this goes on for a few minutes...trying to LOOC him on how to use a box, bear in mind there is a fuck off cue behind me aswell.
    Eventually I give up, and go without attachments....I deploy at 12:43.