AchilliesWolf - Predator Application

Predator Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    AchilliesWolf

Marine Name
    Achillies 'Autumn' Compas

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    A'dti S'atara

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    No, I have not been banned to date.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes, I am familiar with the code and intend to follow it.

Yautja Character Story
    As I surveyed the training area from atop my vantage point on a tree thick with vines, I spotted four unblooded beginning to gang up on a single opponent. The training area itself was located at the edge of a jungle, with its north, east, and south dense with jungle, but it's west revealing a large cliff at least two kilometres between it and the ground. There was a trail that led back to the main tribe to the southeast, but at night it was quite dangerous to be upon. The runt only require minimal effort to deal with, yet from what I could tell, the young one had been trying to provoke all of them to fight him because no one believed the runt to be capable to defend against anything, let alone a Vy'drach which the five unblooded below were training for with 2 metre long sticks while the runt had one which was half that. The small one, which was the title most gave him, had eventually proclaimed that they were all cowards and were too afraid to attack him because they believed that they would lose, and the lot of them had been there for the past two hours training. Knowing the group, I knew they could only take so much during those two hours before they would think to be rid of him.

I slowly made my way down the thick trunk of the tree by the vines that were hanging off it, but while I was making my way down the leader of the four unblooded in all but title swiftly closed the gap between himself and 'small one' and lifted him up by a thick strand of his hair. Ta'stap was his given name, but most referred to him simply as Stomp because he wasn't quite light footed, and when he walked it sounded as if he never knew the ground could hold his weight, so when he walked he usually made holes in the ground where he once was. By the time I arrived to intervene Stomp was threatening to throw him off the cliff and be rid of him. I informed Stomp and the rest of his small group of followers that the time for training was over for their group and that others needed to use it, upon which Stomp was pleased to go, but he needed to persuade the rest of his followers that it's best they part from the small one. As loud as Stomp stomp's where he could forever be showed to reason and wouldn't give in to anger unless it was under constant provocation.

The small one began to thank me, but I informed him that he best get lost as well, for I may have stopped him from disappearing that day but it doesn't mean that I look at him as one of importance. The Small one, like myself, was one born of a mother and a father, yet unlike him, where he had both his parents to utilize for 'support' if you could call it that, I had just my father. My father didn't stay for long after my birth though, and my mother had died the day after I saw my third rotation of the moons during a hunt. Eventually, the small one parted from me and began to head back to the village as I made my way to my petite shrine. A centre for learning.

With my mother dead and my father lost to me amongst the stars, I was left in the care of my brothers and sisters of the clan.Thanks to them, I learned of the gods,along with the histories of our people and the stories of our forefathers. Yet among all those gods I found two to be the most interesting. Nytara, God of Creation, and the Demigoddess S'ahul, Goddess of Wisdom and Courage. From an early age, I knew there was more to life than simply hunting for glory and renown. I believed that honour was the most valuable aspect in our society, one which could be procured from a path of science and study. Thus, in that mind set I went forth, trying to learn as much as I could about anything and everything within the galaxy. For instance, finding out how we became so technologically advance if all we focused on was hunting.Yet the answer to that has only been speculated. Either someone bestowed upon us the tools to hunt throughout the galaxy or we had obtained this knowledge ourselves when we weren't solely focused on hunting. Some believe we were made by what the humans call the 'Engineers.' Or that we were given these tools by them. The truth might never be known. Knowledge doesn't come just from books, but also experiences. Lest that be from the loss of loved ones, the death of a clan, studying one's body while it's still alive... amongst other things. That's the path I believed was right for me. A path of knowledge, yet also, a path of hunting. But for what I hunt for differs from others. While I hunt for knowledge, the majority of others hunt for renown. To have a place and a clan of their own.

So that is where I find myself. I know that others may find it strange that I find knowledge to be among my top priorities, yet, if we became more technologically advanced... We might discover a better prey then the xenomorphs. One which is even fiercer to fight. Or... we could possibly create one. A being as cunning as humans, as agile and numerous of the Xenos, and as strong as a Yaujta. a being which could surpass maybe even us in combat and skill. Yet, the creation of a being which could cause us to go extinct would be against everything I have been taught, yet the path of faith and the path of creation cannot be intertwined for long. For one may create a being that the gods never intended to be made, and thus, bring a curse down upon themselves and their kin. The reason I chose this path I believe was because I realized from an early age that life is a small flick in the span of the galaxy, and one can leave it just like that. Like my mother. Thus, I believe I owe it to her to find out why life occurs this way and why we don't simply live forever. Yet the most challenging thing I find to deal with is the Yautja who find my path... distrubing. Thus the reason I took an oath of silence, unless I was permitted to speak by the Clan Chieftan or it is a life or death situatuion. Fore if you never speak, then one may never learn what you do and what one has become...

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    A'dti, is one who investigates and stalks his prey over running in and simply attempting to kill his intended target(s) without planning. He is also more inclined to think heavily on his actions over simply running in, attacking everything in sight. Knowledge, in the sense of your prey, is a very important concept. One which is much more important to gather than easy prey. Since a large body count of lesser beings and a small body count of higher beings may be equal in weight, larger beings can see you be given much more respect. Where you try to take down prey tougher than most prey. Not to mention the possible havoc that could be caused resulting from the death of one who is currently ordering their troops. To kill these worthy prey, information must be gathered to assist the Yautja in their hunt. Thus, I intend to play them in the sense where they don't eradicate everything they see but instead aim for prey which is worthy enough for possibly a duel of honour or to be made the last survivng opponent during a hunt. Thus, hunting those which can impact the many, over hunting those which can only impact the few. Or in the opposite sense, hunt the many which can impact the few, over hunt the few which could impact the many. One results in the many becoming un-organized while the other results in the few becoming ruthless.

Along with that, A'dti rarely speaks and will state his agreement or disagreement with differentiating shakes of the head. For instance, nodding or shaking his head. The times at which he does speak would be those he believes to be important, where the result of him remaining silent can impact the life of others. He is also quite bookish and will usually reserve himself from others to either pray or to learn what he can of the species he is currently hunting. Lest that be from their anatomy or their psychology. He'll try to Learn everything and anything that he can use to his advantage while hunting his prey.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    An honor duel is a fight to the death between two combatants. One whom is the challenger, who is a Yautja, whilst the opponent is a being that the Yautja deems worthy enough to fight in a duel between just the two of them. But it must abide by the Yautja code of honour in the sense that the opponent is worthy prey. The challenged, if they do not have their own m�l�e weapon, must have it be provided by the Yautja and it must be up to par to that of the Challenger. The duel may only be between the two of them and no ranged weapons can be utilized.

On the other hand, a hunt can have multiple participating Yautja if the one in charge of the hunt allows them to participate. It can also consist of multiple preys that have been deemed worthy, but unworthy prey may reveal itself during the hunt. Yet they do not need to be terminated in a duel of honour. A duel of honour can happen within a hunt but a hunt within a duel of honour may not. Usually, a duel of honor within a hunt is when the prey hunted by the pursuer is seen as one with a cunningness higher than the rest of his comrades. And skill that is almost close to the Yautja's own. A hunt may also use the full arsenal of the pursuer as long as it falls within the bounds of the code of honour. For instance, a Yautja cannot use their self destruct simply to get the prey which is overwhelming them away, then turn it off moments later. A hunt's prey must also be one that the Yautjas deem as a challenge. So a hunt cannot be for deer, like in our society. Instead, it would be like us hunting a tiger, or a Yautja hunting a xenomorph. If a Yautja is hunting a prey which is not a challenge to the Yautja's skill, then that hunt is deemed unworthy.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    A'dti isn't one who talks for the most part. Usually, he keeps to himself, and when it's utmost required will speak. Otherwise, he will simply allow one to continue talking, only saying something when he truly has something to say. He mostly registers the current situation in his head, trying to find the most efficient and honorable path which can bring him and his brothers and sisters victory. He won't support other Yautja blindly in their actions and before a hunt will usually say a prayer to the gods, praying for a successful and knowledgable hunt.

It does best to always process and think about one's action and reaction to an event, especially in the case of humans, fore, we as a species, are much more economical in our decision making. Using opportunity cost in our daily lives. Meaning A'dti and his brothers and sisters will also be using it. The cost being the benefit of doing one thing over another. For instance, breathing over not breathing, and so forth. Thus, he puts himself in the shoes of his prey, thinking whether or not it's more beneficial to hide or to fight.

Along with that, A'dti believes that not everyone deserves respect since respect is but one side of a coin. With honor being the other side. One that A'dti find more valuable. If they are honorable and have proven so, then they shall have his respect. Especially if they respect their prey. Otherwise, he will only hold contempt for them.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I would like to be a Yautja to discover more of the game in the sense of the paths that can be taken within it, but also to see more than the standard, marines vs aliens type of experience. When a Predator is hunting it's prey, depending on the prey, people either intervene or stay as far back as they can. If the Predator is going after the Queen or Empress of the Hive, then the Xeno's will be more inclined to defeat it than the marines would be, while if the Predator is focusing more on the Commanding Officer of the Marines... Then marines would be more inclined to deal with the Predator once it's intentions are known. Both of those targets could have major outcomes on the whole game, especially if one side has the upper hand then suddenly loses it's CO or Queen which could cause instability within a team, perhaps even making one team lose the advantage and go on to completely change the course of the game. Along with that, I find it would be an interesting Role playing experience to be a predator. Being there simply for a worthy hunt over being there to upset the natural balance of things.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've clearly put effort into your app but once again I've never seen you before and I have absolutely no idea who you are.

I didn't read the whole app but from what I saw, your playstyle is very generic, we have 50 other preds doing the exact same thing round after round.

Give us a proper reason why should we whitelist you.

Till then neutral leaning negative

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you start playing on the server recently, your game time shows only 40 hours since about the beginning of march and nothing before that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Did you start playing on the server recently, your game time shows only 40 hours since about the beginning of March and nothing before that?

I've played the game before this year, I believe about a year ago, but I was unable to remember that one's password so I got stuck making a new account. And I can't for the like of me remember the username of the account. But since the last time, I've played I suppose it would be recently.
    Last edited by AchilliesWolf; 03-21-2019 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Not AS confusing for who it was for.. But still rather it be clear.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I absolutely love how your character questions how the Yautja came to be as advanced as they are. I would hope your character continues on with searching for answers to questions like those. My main concern right now is how little you have played and how little I and the community knows of you. Tell me why you should be whitelisted when many others before you, with sufficient stories and RP capability, but little play time, should be whitelisted?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchee View Post
    You've clearly put effort into your app but once again I've never seen you before and I have absolutely no idea who you are.

I didn't read the whole app but from what I saw, your playstyle is very generic, we have 50 other preds doing the exact same thing round after round.

Give us a proper reason why should we whitelist you.

Till then neutral leaning negative

Looking back now, I see that the reason I gave for wanting to be whitelisted was quite generic since the majority of people say they'd like it for a different roleplaying experience or to increase the enjoyment of others. Along with that, the playstyle for most is; attack their prey, stalk their prey, aim for the largest prey, et cetera. So both those things were, no matter how descriptive, still remained generic ideas.

Of course, like everyone else, I would want to be whitelisted to give a different view of the game and increase the enjoyment of everyone else playing. Yet, for the most part, that is what everyone else plans to do. No matter how you word it, it remains the same. In all honesty, I want it for the experience and the challenge. A challenge which tests one's skill in multiple areas, or at least as much as it can without it being within the real world. This role could challenge multiple skills which one would utilize in daily life; the possibility of telling a story, making yourself a person of your imagination and successfully fulfilling that role. Or even being able to think on a dime and make split-second decisions which can have multiple outcomes overall. Some for your benefit, some for the benefit of others. Those skills are tested throughout the game from any point of view. Yet I believe that predators have much more options in those scenarios.

In the sense of experience, I don't mean just for playing as one, but also the experience along the way. Like writing this application and learning how the amount someone knows you can impact the choices they make. With this game, I find you're able to use knowledge from the real world to predict one's actions within the game. Meaning, you technically should be able to do the opposite, for people are people are people. You'll always have those who are jokesters, followers, leaders, et cetera... Every type of personality out there can probably be seen within this game. A game which joins multiple people together. To learn more of the way these actions and the reactions to them, one would have to see it from all angles. Yes, I may not have been in this community for that long of a time, yet it's not impossible to understand right from wrong, left from right, how to act, and how you shouldn't act. But it does make sense how the amount of time you're within a community affects the choices made.

So, in summary, I don't just want to be whitelisted simply to increase the enjoyment of others and for the pure experience of playing as a predator. I'd, of course, like to increase the enjoyment of everyone else in the game, but that's not the sole reason. I'd like to be whitelisted to test skills out that are used in daily life by everyone. How one person reacts to a situation from another. Something I'd be able to see from anyone in the world in any situation. And to gather experience from those actions from this game and be able to relate them when something of the sort happens in real life. Of course, not in the sense of aliens and warfare, but in the sense of how these people act.

I would say otherwise of how my character would play, but that would be going back and adding onto my application unless of course, I have permission to do so. Thanks for giving what you did read a read.
    Last edited by AchilliesWolf; 03-21-2019 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Confusing for who it was for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
    I absolutely love how your character questions how the Yautja came to be as advanced as they are. I would hope your character continues on with searching for answers to questions like those. My main concern right now is how little you have played and how little I and the community knows of you. Tell me why you should be whitelisted when many others before you, with sufficient stories and RP capability, but little play time, should be whitelisted?

Thanks, I'm quite curious myself on how that came around. Very curious if it'll ever be answered.

I've said a bit regarding why, but not much that goes in that direction.

With someone with little play time compared to others, it would seem that I'd just want to get the role to play it for a bit then just leave after getting my fill of it. That's something I never intend to do, in any matter. Why I should be whitelisted above others... That's a trickier question. Of course, in a fair world, everyone would be whitelisted for the position, no matter their playtime or their ability. Yet it's not a fair world. I intend to become much more active within the community itself since I only recently started playing CM again. Yet the reason, with so little play time, I should be accepted over others... I intend to make others playing the game have the best experience they can while playing but I don't intend to overdo it. Where I have a choice between not killing myself which results in a good portion of marines living to not, and my gear being taken... I'd take either option, depending on the circumstances of the game. Since CM, in general, is the ocean. In may look the same above the waves, but below... it's ever-changing. No two parts of the ocean are the exact same, just like CM. So, to change the game, I'd pick any options which fit within the rules of the game itself and the rules for playing as a predator. And since the code of honour can be broken in certain cases, I might even use that as a possibility to the game. Predators aren't gods, they do make mistakes after all, and they could perform one in which they fail in activating their self destruct. Or they could succeed. Just like humans can do. Where one could have more experience in one thing but act like a fool, then another comes along with a good portion of experience but doesn't act the fool. The one who gets the job or station is up to the one deciding and depending on the station, it will most likely go to the lesser experienced, but more mature person.

In all, I'm here to have fun, like everyone else who plays or watches the game. But the enjoyment of everyone within the game I find is one which is more important than making sure my character survives the whole game. If I need to play a coward, I'll play the coward. But if I need to play the sacrifice, then I'll gladly play it. Whichever increases the enjoyment for all. Those who didn't get it before me, but have played longer, of course, have a reason behind it; a poorly made application/generic one, trolling or meming within the game, or simply not acting polite. One thing I never intend to do is act out of turn, no matter what it is. If it's someone killing my character via friendly fire, so be it, it happened. All part of the game. If you can't deal with that, then, of course, you can't deal with the role. I intend to act the best I possibly can while remaining in character. But also remain mature within the game and not do something as a joke which could screw with the whole game like going into CiC and killing everyone there or something of the sort.
    Last edited by AchilliesWolf; 03-21-2019 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Found it confusing who each reply was to.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you've fallen into the trap of good/great application but unknown player.
    I'm going to reserve my vote pending more feedback from other predators/players

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If its a good app its a good app. Voss wasnt really known as much when we whitelisted him and he had no other whitelists to prove himself but we still took the chance for him. I think I can +1 this but I swear to god if you make me regret this.
    Kaitlynn Lawson The Captain: https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18802
    Alicia The Motherly Synthetic: https://cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=17406
    Ja'akir Aki The Messenger of the Gods: //showthrea...or-Application
    Staff history:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't actually say I don't know you since I'm actually only active on the forum although your Story was good aswell the app.

Your Answers are good and I liked your Response to avalanche.

I think you can have a shot, just like voss did.

+1.

Posdata: Also you said that 1 year ago you used to play on another account but you lost the password, did you told the staff about this? Usually having more of 2 accounts are a banneable reason for obvious reasons, though you lost that first account so I don't see a problem on it.

After all a good app, but seriously notify the staff about your account change and why so they can Translate your notes on your actual account.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by edgardo; 03-21-2019 at 05:31 PM.