Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whiteflicker - Moderator Application

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok,
    I don't fault you for having standard ban times wrong as our public CoC is somewhat outdated, however handling issues you are directly involved with is a given.

Whilst I am fully confident you would do fine as a Trial Moderator I am of the opinion that the mistakes I see here are of a caliber that needs to be highlighted and addressed first.
    Last edited by forest2001; 03-21-2019 at 03:52 PM.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you fell into the trap of long time player, but most of your answers I think are a bit wishy washy.
    You've been around on the server for a bit, so I think this could work and we could hammer all these issues out with a trial.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteflicker View Post

I'm sorry for giving off red flags. I'll keep it in mind that I, obviously, need to steer clear of personal bias.
    This. This singlehandedly lost any chance you had at a + sorry bud. Staying away from personal bias is one of the biggest things we as staff need to do. Now i don't know whether you actually thought we are allowed/meant to be bias or you are being smartassed about it but either way its enough. I was unsure of somethings when i applied for mods and thats ok, but if you dont know before you even THINK of applying for staff that you have to remain unbiased at all times which includes not handling things you are involved with then honestly you shouldnt apply. Dosent matter if you are the only staff on and you get removed from the round for something you dont handle it, and frankly shouldnt WANT to handle it.

-1 sorry my dude
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 420M.Y.K View Post
    This. This singlehandedly lost any chance you had at a + sorry bud. Staying away from personal bias is one of the biggest things we as staff need to do. Now i don't know whether you actually thought we are allowed/meant to be bias or you are being smartassed about it but either way its enough. I was unsure of somethings when i applied for mods and thats ok, but if you dont know before you even THINK of applying for staff that you have to remain unbiased at all times which includes not handling things you are involved with then honestly you shouldnt apply. Dosent matter if you are the only staff on and you get removed from the round for something you dont handle it, and frankly shouldnt WANT to handle it.

-1 sorry my dude
    Ok,
    I don't fault you for having standard ban times wrong as our public CoC is somewhat outdated, however handling issues you are directly involved with is a given.

Whilst I am fully confident you would do fine as a Trial Moderator I am of the opinion that the mistakes I see here are of a caliber that needs to be highlighted and addressed first.
    I respect both of your opinions, but admitted and NOT CONCEDED that I did not already know that Moderating a server such as CM13 required as little bias as possible for the purposes of maintaining professional etiquette, this isn't something that is hard to learn within the first minute of being in the staff team by virtue of being taught and told it is so.

I know for a fact that if I encountered a Player I particularly disliked, I would not take up the responsibility of handling them -- and would delegate it to a more neutral person so that tempers don't escalate the situation. And of course, I would ahelp if someone were to shoot me or make a rulebreach on MYSELF, because punishing players who have straight up done things to me specifically is, in my mind, poor form when there's a team of other people who can do so.

However, as a moderator witnessing a blatant rulebreak that is affecting many people besides myself, given the fact that it's evident and merely requires me to check the logs to ensure it was that person who, infact, knocked all those player out of the game in a way that renders them un-revivable; I thought that even though I was directly witnessing it in the game, I could investigate, question, and, if necessary, punish the person; using everyone's judgement if necessary as, again, everyone in staff can see the conversation.

Implying I do not get upset, in which case I might whine in staffchat and ask for, say, another moderator to handle it while I, the medic in the game, handled the fallout IC; especially if IC is getting particularly heated and busy.

I understand that what I said can be miss-interpreted, but context matters. It's not all black and white. I am not eager to abuse my powers, I just want to make sure the game remains fun for everyone.

I am willing to elaborate on things, if there are questions.

Once again I'm sorry if my attitude seems bad from the get-go. I assure you that, when In doubt, I will ask questions.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, I don�t know you too well myself, but I know you�ve been around for quite some time, so you know how things work. While there was initial hesitance from staff, and maybe some still about a few of your responses, hearing your side of things via your responses on this thread, i�m fully confident you can make a great mod. People make mistakes, and I get that we�re not all perfect. However, as mentioned, that�s what the trial period is for. I sure as hell wasn�t perfect or all knowing when I first started, and I don�t believe any staff has been from the get go. Heck, you can see it on my old app, I didn�t know the answers to a few questions asked.

We have more then enough senior mods as well as normal mods to nudge you in the right direction, and given your mention of not being afraid to ask for help, I�m not worried so much of that aspect. Again, you�ve been around for quite some time, don�t have a terrible note history, and have been relatively active since your return. I can feel confident in giving you my +1 with all the aforementioned out of the way. If ever you need any help, assuming you get the spot, i�ll be around if ya need it and so too will the rest of staff.

The ONLY worry I have, which has been addressed already, is that after the criticism received on your app you seemed to take them rather personally. While I don�t fault you for it as this process can be a bit stressful, I do feel as though that may be something to work on in the future. I don�t mean anything by it, and hope you understand where i�m coming from.

+1, I hope to see you as a Tmod here soon.

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Pred App that is now null lol
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are a former staff member who left in good standing while I was still on the team. So that is to your benefit. Your answers to the questions were a little bit spotty however. True this is exactly what the trial period is for, but what is slightly more concerning to me is your general lack of play time. You are only coming back to the game after an extended leave. I would suggest waiting a month or two, keeping your hours up and then reapplying for staff at that time. For now, I am going to be denying this. But I look forward to re-reading an application from you in a few months time.

Denied.