Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SolubleWhenWet - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    SolubleWhenWet

Player Name You Use Most?
    Jason Hakim

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    No bans.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    Battlefield Execution is something to be reserved for the integrity of the corps standard of roleplay, and to protect the marines as a whole.

If somebody calls me a gay nazi or something, I'll just have an MP deal with it. I'm not lowering myself to that kind of level.
    If somebody says to me "Fuck you Captain, I'm not deploying." you'd better believe he's going to be made an example of; we don't even know what we're up against yet! If he said that to me after the deployment, it would be a completely different story, no one has ever faced an alien and lived to tell about it yet.
    If they try to assail me physically, its not a BE as much as it is self defense, but I'd like to get the point across to not fuck with the USCMC, so I'd announce it as a BE anyway.

The BE removes somebody from the round with far less roleplay and flair than a regular execution, it mirrors the circumstances that warranted it in the first place. Abusing this privilege nullifies any meaning the BE may have had, as a CO can't go around literally decimating his staff. He has more important things to be doing, like running the operation.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate engineering staff, a Staff Officer who cannot do anything right, an Executive Officer wh
    Insubordinate engineering staff would lead me to speak to the Chief Engineer, and if that's not helpful, I'd speak to the MPs to round them up, and I'd speak with the engineers personally in the brig.

A staff officer not being able to do anything right, even if its somebody who is particularly known for their inability to do anything, I would still try and show them the right way to do things.

An XO, my 2nd in Command, questioning my orders in front of the crew isn't appropriate. He's there to help me get things done, not belittle me, so I'd have to reprimand him privately. Afterword, I'd do my best to present a unified front.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The job of the Commanding Officer is to coordinate the marines and hopefully succeed at the operation involving the colony.
    In a meta sense, you are the platoon's mascot, and you're there to set the tone of the round's interactions.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    As a synth player, probably a shared Discord channel with synths so CO whitelistees can stop meming them and they can better understand eachother's roles.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I'd like to have fun, memorable rounds with everybody, and I'd like to set a higher standard for roleplay.

Choose one of the following story topics to write about
    This is a little diddy about my character becoming a Captain.
    Captain Jason Hakim reaches downward, fumbling for a nonexistent reclining lever on the side of his seat in the CIC. "Damn these seats. And this desk too, I really oughta get that robot to reconfigure my center console, having all these computers is insane."
    He stares into the top of his Blue Souto can, longingly remembering his time as an officer. His career was uneventful, marked with fortunate interactions with the Admiral in his sector, whose kid went to the same Elementary school that Jason did on Luna. He remembers his time before the Almayer.

"How the hell did I end up on this ship, in the middle of nowhere?" remarked Commander Jason Hakim, on the USS Dresden. "Your coffee, sir?" Jason grinned handing it to his superior. "Thank you, Number 1. I didn't come here simply for pleasantries."
    Hakim started to wipe his brow, nervous that Admiral Chalmers found out about the HEFA mishap in the cargo bay of his ship. "Your service has been unremarkable, to say the least, and I feel we can change that. The Dust Raiders haven't been responding to High Command, so we'll need to send another platoon in to get the job done. Its a lot of colonies in the middle of nowhere, and they're a bunch of real American patriots out there. We're worried they might have grown a bit too patriotic."
    "You think the CLF was involved?" bluntly states Hakim.
    "We can't exactly be sure. We'd like to send a platoon to investigate, but the Captain in charge of the ship we'd like to send was killed in action."
    Jason adjusts his shirt, "Sir, are you suggesting.."
    "We'd like to present you command of the ship this platoon resides on, the USS Almayer. She's got a lot of character. Are you ready to lead the men on board to save American futures?"
    Commander Jason Hakim stands up with Admiral Chalmers, shaking his hand, saying "Yes sir, it's an honor sir, truly! But uh, erm, what platoon will I be leading?"
    "Ah, a wise man to ask. They're a real merry band, some of the USCMC's finest. They're the 2nd battalion of the 4th brigade, the Falling Falcons."

An alert shows next to his digital clock, nearly noon. Ah hell, another colony is sending a distress. Which sons of bitches was it this time, Jason wondered. "Semper Fi, fellas. We'll be holding a briefing shortly. Get your shit together, we've got a reputation of response faster than Earth's Detroit police to maintain."

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering when you'd finally put this out, I've addressed to you before why I thought you'd be a great fit for Commander whitelist. You put in A LOT of time as an XO and SO and you've not really ever caused problems in those roles before, and your notes will prove that. You're respectful and a very good roleplayer, the story you wrote just goes off to prove that.

Enjoy this nice +1 chief.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of our better synths and better leaders
    +1

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your application is what we'd expect from someone seriously applying for Captain.

Also, took a look at your synth application too get a better understanding on how that went for you.

Don't really know you personally but from what others have said about you-you're a good lad. +1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not much more to say about it. Lumdor and Bancrose summed it up nicely.

+1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's still an officer as Captain. Other than that and similar nit picks, good app and neat story, and it's no secret I think you're qualified to handle the RP.

+1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great guy. +1

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hakim is a SOLID staff officer/XO someone iw ould really love to see as CO. Also your story is great!

+1

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'll don't have a lot of interactions with you icly, but I'll know you are a competent leader and i would be happy to have you has captain. +1 from me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    already got three +1s from the councilmen. lookin like a whitelist to me, so congrats brother. i'll keep it short, but for anybody looking to give a bastard a -1, swerve outta this thread. this man don't deserve it.

no doubt he'd make a great commander. he's been playing command for a long long time, is HRP as fuck across all roles, and has been playing for a while now too with activity on discord to match. an okay app. story is short and sweet, pleasant to read.

the only question that's really gotta be asked is what took you so long, captain?

+1
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator