User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help as a frontliner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would start as play defender/crusher and just focusing on helping with tanking bullets for boilers and other xenos.

Then I would move to runners as a flanker to learn the clickety clack, avoiding big fights if at all possible. Runners melt to concentrated firepower before you can blink.

Afterwards, moving to other T2s and T3s could work.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reuben owen View Post
    deal with trying to 1v1 lone marines far from anyone else til you get the better of them (wounding them + getting away counts as getting the better of them, if you cant manage a kill) most of the time as lurker and some of the time as runner

then try the frontlines
    just recognize the fact that you'll die a lot, it happens to the best of us
    it happens to the t1/2 because they're weak, and it happens to the t3/queen because they get targeted more

CONTROL YOUR BLOODLUST - people tend to get cockier after doing a lot of damage and start to take more risks with their health and positioning, usually leads to big dead, try to heal all the way after every engagement (there are exceptions to this, like following the queen when she screeches, but for new people its a good guideline)

you can also play as crusher, since they don't really rely on click based actions, merely good positioning and you can still damage marines tons running them over, disarm/harm/grab is nearly irrelevant to them (don't try to disarm a marine to stomp them unless you absolutely have to) and if you're near water don't be afraid of fire

dont use hotkeys or macros
    at all
    learn 2 love your mouse

It's usually trying to click on them amidst all the action is what I find very hard. So far I've just been playing Warrior and doing alright in 1v1 circumstances, I tend to kill the guy easy enough. Fucking with groups of people using hit-and-run tactics is still difficult.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GenocideCrusader View Post
    It's usually trying to click on them amidst all the action is what I find very hard. So far I've just been playing Warrior and doing alright in 1v1 circumstances, I tend to kill the guy easy enough. Fucking with groups of people using hit-and-run tactics is still difficult.
    As a warrior you have a 1-click = dead ability with lunge. Until it's adjusted, you should make judicious use of it.

Don't grab marines in a group, but if someone's isolated enough, it's a guaranteed kill or capture, and the person you grab can do literally NOTHING about it. I personally find it a lot easier to track sprites moving vertically, so I adust my own positioning in accordance with that.

Also remember that every marine capture = 1-5 xenos, and every xeno is worth 2-3 marines. A single capture is like killing 2-15 marines by itself. Any time you're able to capture a marine, you've helped to massively turn the tide in your sides' favor, and warriors are exceptional at captures because they can literally grab and vore before the stun even wears off on the grabbed marine. Just make sure that you open the egg up before spitting them out on it so they can't play insta-buckshot memes on you. Or else get good at re-grabbing them.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just git gud man
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho