Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CM-SS13-Logger - Separate and highlight your log

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CM-SS13-Logger - Separate and highlight your log

Good morning soldiers!

At times it can be hard to keep track of the log. Between radio chatter, combat messages, emotes and other noise, you may miss the one or other important instruction or chat message. Because of that I would like to present to you a tool that will help in getting your log sorted and allows for highlighting of important messages, like ones containing your name.

This tool uses the built-in log functionality of the BYOND client, no binary modification, injection or other modification of the client is being made. You won't get any additional information out of the game using this tool, it is simply taking the existing log file and displaying it in a more readable fashion. At the moment it is not considered cheating or against the rules but this may or may not be subject to change in the future.

(Apologies for not removing/censoring any names in this screenshot, if you find yourself say hi!)

The tool comes with a default configuration that I have tried to setup in a way that it can be used by marines and should contain all important messages. Changing the behaviour of the tool is possible but requires knowledge about regular expressions and may only be for advanced users, however the configuration files can be shared between users. I would like to compile a list of configuration files for different roles that would show and highlight messages depending on your job, so if you're experienced with regular expressions give it a go for your role and post your configuration in this thread for other users to use.

At the moment this tool is in a pre-release state, that means I have not done extensive testing and it may contain some bugs or not display certain messages. There is a fallback window available that shows all messages that have not been displayed elsewhere but for now I would recommend that you still use the BYOND chat in parallel until I can make sure that no messages are missed. You can help me by simply using the tool and replying to this thread if you find anything that is missing or can be improved.

I would also recommend that you use this tool in conjunction with a second monitor as it may take up a lot of space but can also be used on top of BYOND.

If you got any bugs, issues, ideas or questions feel free to post them here or in the issue tracker on GitHub.

Enough talk, here's the meat:

GitHub (source & readme): https://github.com/Gachl/CM-SS13-Logger
    Pre-Release v0.0.0.5: https://github.com/Gachl/CM-SS13-Log...r-v0.0.0.5.zip

Thank you for your attention! Carry on.
    Last edited by Runkwand; 04-08-2019 at 02:54 PM. Reason: added v0.0.0.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very useful, thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha me as XO telling alpha to get on their SL. Typical!

Sounds cool, would love this for CIC
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMandrake View Post
    Sounds cool, would love this for CIC
    if you could send me a log from a CIC round then I can try and make a settings file for CIC use.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Runkwand View Post
    if you could send me a log from a CIC round then I can try and make a settings file for CIC use.
    Honestly the radio tab would be sufficient, just to quickly check squad comms since I keep all 4 on. I would just need another monitor heh
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have some space to spare on the game client you can set the window to stay the topmost and use it on a single monitor. A single window doesn't take up that much space and fits pretty well.

This option in v0.0.0.3:

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    While use of external tools is not allowed, we can let this one slide

Until we get this IN the chat thingy by itself

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also you code well in C#

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    Also you code well in C#
    *blushes* thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This seems like a godsend. But being a staff I must inquire do you pull any information from users/hidden shit in it? Otherwise this would be nice to have while playing as a medic.