Gil Sybilia
    Their BYOND Key
    Dubszor
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    During the whisky outpost round
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Enforcement of the rules.
    Description of the incident
    It was an event on WO and I had been on the front lines as a smart gunner pretty much the whole round until we were being pushed back to the spawn area. I was limping and very hurt after just coming out of basic medical care so I was looking for medical supplies or a medic to heal me. I walk up the stairs and swap places with an engineer and then limp into storage, they then chase me down and say "You know what you did" and start beating me in the head with some metal so I back off and pull out my gun and say "I'm warning you" they refuse to stand down and hit me again so I shoot once or two, then tell them to fuck off, which they say something along the lines of "Your bullets don't do shit" then back me into a corner and start whipping me in the head, pretty sure breaking the bone, so I start shooting in fear of my own life since I had no where else to go and was already dying, sadly this decaps them since I had been aiming for the head most of the round. This is where the moderator steps in with a normal question of why I did so, so I explain my story, they end up telling me they know how aggravating it is when someone stops you from building, which isn't a reason to start following and attacking an already hurt marine especially while xenos are charging closer, I end up getting a warning and the person who started the fight gets off scot-free to my knowledge even though they needlessly attacked me by hitting me in the head and I'm 90% sure it was with metal. The admin hands me a quick slide of escalation Punching > melee weapons > shooting, but there was already melee weapons involved so I was forced to fight back with lethal force since they showed no signs of stopping, even after the first bullet which was a warning shot. The ticket ended with "Thank you and have a CM day!" which nobody wants to hear, that's more salt in the wound if anything. And it's even worse is that the first mod stopped replying after that and a senior mod came in and defended them, pretty much just a rinse of what I was already told. This conduct is absolutely unbecoming of someone supposed to represent the community.
    Evidence
    I didn't take screenshots because this was a few hours ago
    How you would punish the accused
    Just a slap on a wrist

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You pushed the engineer.

The Engineer then punched you several times.

You responded by blowing them away with a shotgun.

Just because its whiskey outpost doesn't mean thew rules get suspended. You were told NUMEROUS times that the action taken was not going to be changed then and there and you continued to go on and on about not breaking the rules despite breaking the rules very visibly.

You broke the rules very plain and simple and didnt like the answer given, having been there to witness it i fully stand behind Dubzor's actions.
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure they were hitting me with metal sheets and I shot them once with the sub machine gun and warned them to back off, they started whipping me in the head breaking my skull, not once was a shotgun used in that case
    Last edited by Carp; 03-23-2019 at 08:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had situations like this previously, where players have gunned down one another over pushing an Engineer and so on. However, the entire thing on Whiskey Outpost was, from what I saw, near entirely instigated by the Engineer. I'm a player, however, and don't have the insight that an admin would have with logs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs :

Spoiler Spoiler:

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yo. Yeah, i believe i am in the wrong here. Didn't see them hit you with the screwdriver. I already PM'd Grimcad, so this'll get resolved quickly.
    Last edited by Dubszor; 03-23-2019 at 09:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubszor View Post
    Yo. Yeah, i believe i am in the wrong here. Didn't see them hit you with the knife. I already PM'd Grimcad, so this'll get resolved quickly.
    I can understand everyone makes mistakes, and I�m happy you can admit you�re wrong, like I said I don�t want you to get punished for this other then a bit of a heads up to be thorough with complaints since people might not report it here and be stuck with an incorrect warning.
    But @Taketheshot56 seems to be intentionally backing up people, without checking the logs for himself. This could potentially damage a players record, or, in worse cases, get someone banned entirely. It shows they would rather take someone�s word instead of doing the research and quickly sifting through logs. There�s no way to tell if they�ve done this before or if they will do it again but that�s really really bad to do. For the actual guts of the ticket, I tried to show a high amount of restraint for shooting but my hand was eventually forced when they showed no signs of stopping at all.

Also "[18:53:40]ADMIN: PM: Dubszor/(Bjorn Sigvaldsson)->The slippery carp/(Gil Sybilia): They punched you because you kept bumping them while they were building cades.
    [18:54:59]ADMIN: PM: Dubszor/(Bjorn Sigvaldsson)->The slippery carp/(Gil Sybilia): Well, to be fair, it is very aggrevating when someone bumps you as a engi. Also, they said you did it multiple times." isn't the most salad reason to start beating on someone who's wounded, and best to not take the word of someone over logs.

And lastly nobody should ever be discouraged to make a report if they feel like they've been mistreated because that's how abuse slides unnoticed and thrives @Taketheshot56
    Last edited by Carp; 03-23-2019 at 05:08 PM.

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Also "[18:53:40]ADMIN: PM: Dubszor/(Bjorn Sigvaldsson)->The slippery carp/(Gil Sybilia): They punched you because you kept bumping them while they were building cades.
    [18:54:59]ADMIN: PM: Dubszor/(Bjorn Sigvaldsson)->The slippery carp/(Gil Sybilia): Well, to be fair, it is very aggrevating when someone bumps you as a engi. Also, they said you did it multiple times." isn't the most salad reason to start beating on someone who's wounded, and best to not take the word of someone over logs.
    The thing is, we don't get logs when someone pushes someone, or the server would die ten times over from all the work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubszor View Post
    The thing is, we don't get logs when someone pushes someone, or the server would die ten times over from all the work.
    Once again, it's best to not take ones word for it if there is no proof for it, that's like the classic "My kid didn't hit your kid my kid is too good to do that" kinda stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posts are removed when they don't actually contain anything of what was seen, players are allowed to post in reports to add what they had seen. Anything outside of that can be removed, if you don't have something to add that you witnessed then don't post at all.