Your Byond ID?
    spooky696

Your Character Name?
    Michael 'Bozo' Idionski

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Musely

Accused Character Name
    Rex Texas

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    23.03.2019 1:22 pm

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 14

Description of the incident:
    I was flooded with messages about the CO is dead, so I went to check it out. While moving in to investigate, there has also been an messaged sent out by a Delta trough the console, trough which he stated the commander is dead and that the MPs should step down. Once there, I spotted an MP tazing and attempting to arrest a private. Another Delta private, Rex Texas took that as a big no and grabbed his trusty shotgun, to set the man ablaze. I rushed in and pushed the marine over and then took him away from his gun.(Which he ended up getting back.) I punched him a few times for being a dumbass and in return he pulled his mini-flamethrower and has set me on fire. At no moment have I pulled my gun, outside a moment when I was already on fire, but I realised there's no point in turning this into a shitfest and it'd be better just to try to extinguish myself. No one helped me and I died. After death, he even mocked me saying that I 'became crispy'. When I questioned him why he set me on fire, he kept ignoring me, until the very end when he told me that 'I should have stepped off and left him deal with the MP.' I didn't find it funny or reasonable to be set on fire for a few punches and I sure didn't find it funny being mocked and talked to like I was stupid or inferior.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    You'll have to pull those out yourselves. I don't have the logs.

How you would punish the accused:
    A warning seems a bit too weak, since I believe this was a pretty dickish move. But I don't want him to be punished to severe either.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs will be posted shortly

*Placeholder*

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rex logging in and speaking on coms
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Rex engaging in combat with others (Rex on X attacks = white, X on Rex = red)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Spooky launching a query as to why the CO is dead
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Engagement between Spooky and Rex begins (Same as above for color codes)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Some satements from Rex

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ahelp request. Not answered
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was during a mutiny where I was stopping an MP from arresting a fellow mutineer. This guy starts punching me repeatedly, so I set him on fire too. Didn't put too much thought into it, since it was a pretty tense situation and the flamethrower shottie was already in my hand.

"Rule 14. Lethal Force - Do not attack another player without a legitimate, explainable roleplay reason that could be applied in a similar, real-life scenario. A fist fight does not suddenly escalate into a gun fight. Even if you are justified, you are still susceptible to Marine Law." He punched a guy with a flamethrowing shotgun in his hand, who'd just torched an MP. Pretty stupid thing to do, won a stupid prize from my point of view.

However, "Rule 17. Mutinies - Attacking neutral, uninvolved, or surrendered personnel is forbidden." He stopped being neutral as soon as he punched me five times in quick succession. It didn't make sense to drop my gun and start fist-fighting this random guy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before I came in there has been an announcement made by a Delta, stating clearly that the CO was dead, which to me seemed like it was over. That's why I came in the first place, because I wanted to check what's going on. The MP, the way I saw it, was trying to enforce the law AFTER the mutiny was over, since the CO died, pretty much. The way you state everything, gives me a better picture of the kind of person you are, thank you.
    Last edited by Spooky696; 03-24-2019 at 09:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a member of that mutiny, let me just say: The CO got decapped almost instantly after the start of the mutiny, and power was handed over to the XO. However, it was STILL a clusterfuck because the MPs were still trying to invade CIC well after the XO had taken command and the CO's death had been announced. The MPs would not stand down.
    I, personally, also considered shooting you for attempting to prevent us from dealing with hostile MPs invading CIC. By helping an MP who was attempting to put down the mutiny, you marked yourself as an enemy of the mutineers and should not have been surprised when one of them attacked you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was spectating and I believe the MP was arresting one of the original Mutineers for the crimes of being an mutineer after the mutiny had suceeded.

And I confirm that the MP tried to continue the mutiny after the CO died.
    Last edited by Stealth121; 03-24-2019 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Added more Facts.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems here that the MPs were attempting to continue the mutiny. Whether you were directly involved in it at the beginning or not is irrelevant. While its true, you did not shoot Rex Texas, you did take a hostile action while there was still conflict going on, namely the MPs trying to arrest the successful mutineers and storm the CIC, which implicated that you were on the same side as the MPs.

Resolved, no action taken.