User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Muqtada Al Sadr - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Muqtada Al Sadr - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    MuqtadaAlSadr
    Character Name?
    Robert Archibald
    Type of Ban?
    Permanent Ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Do not remember.
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent
    Remaining Duration
    Permanent
    What other servers do you play on?
    /tg/, Lifeweb
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Banned one no other servers.
    Reason for Ban
    M16DEC17 - ERP, Low RP, generally bad behavior, ban evasion.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    Wanted to to link previous thread, could not find it.
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    I was banned during December of last year for "ERP." I made a joke after killing a queen where I exclaimed "SPRAY ME HOT ACID CUM" in response to being sprayed with acid blood. Admin asked me about it a month after the fact, and I acted pretty poorly in response by trolling the admin who contacted me. I posted a ban appeal thread apologizing for acting poorly towards the admin and Apophis75 reacted very negatively towards my CKey and told me to "fuck off" in the ban appeal thread. I figured after thaty point that I would simply never be able to play CM again. A few months afterwards I experienced a power outage, registered a new account on BYOND on a separate computer to see if the fact that I had a new IP due my router recycling was enough to evade the ban. I played for a few minutes, never actually participated in any rounds, and after playing on my regular account I discovered my new one was caught by the same ban, so I dropped it. This was about 8 or so months ago.

So, there you go. I'm sorry that I couldn't provide more information about the ban, but I couldn't find anything.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After being banned for ERP and then being told off by Apop because your ckey is the name of a terrorist you then come appeal again and admit to making a new account to get around the ban.

Don't know what you expect from this but it's gonna be a big fat -1 from me.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you get another server to vouch for good behavior? ERP bans are some of the most serious, but it's been a year. I'm neutral unless you can get a vouch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to -1 this due to the nature around this offence and the fact you blatantly admitted to ban evading knowing full well you were banned even if you did not participate in the rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found my original appeal thread: https://cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=15834&p=174370 Really sorry I didn't include it in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumdor View Post
    After being banned for ERP and then being told off by Apop because your ckey is the name of a terrorist you then come appeal again and admit to making a new account to get around the ban.

Don't know what you expect from this but it's gonna be a big fat -1 from me.
    In my first appeal thread, my ban was evidently upheld because of my CKey. I didn't receive any commentary at all on my explanation for the ERP ban, so I figured that any future appeals would be denied based on my CKey, even if my explanation for the ERP ban was accepted. So when the power cycled on my router, I took it as an opportunity to ban evade since I figured playing with a new IP/Ckey was the only way I'd ever be able to play again.

It was stupid and I wish I had just made another appeal instead of acting on assumptions, but I can only own to the fact that I did it. I hope the amount of time that's passed can make up for it, but if my appeal is rejected because of it, I'd accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaperx15 View Post
    Could you get another server to vouch for good behavior? ERP bans are some of the most serious, but it's been a year. I'm neutral unless you can get a vouch.
    I've played on /tg/ for a long time, but it's been a while since I've really been consistently active there, but I'll ask. If nothing else, I posted a link to an appeal I made on /tg/ back in 2013 in my first appeal thread, and I honestly think that was the most recent ban I've had on any SS13 server except for CM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizari View Post
    I'm going to -1 this due to the nature around this offence and the fact you blatantly admitted to ban evading knowing full well you were banned even if you did not participate in the rounds.

I haven't bothered trying to appeal the ban for as long as I have since I figured I earned the extra time for trying to evade, so I had to bring it up here. As far as the ERP ban goes, I think I explained myself as well as I possibly could in the first appeal, so I'm sticking by everything I said there. I hope that's okay.

And since I'm being honest about bad decisions, I made this thread last night when I was really drunk. It's why I had so much trouble finding my first ban appeal. Whoops.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ERP and your CKEY name have not convinced me.
    I don't think you would contribute anything to our community

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -1, why would you name your ckey after a terrorist, other than to troll that is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
    -1, why would you name your ckey after a terrorist, other than to troll that is.
    I've had this CKey since 2010. This is the only server where it's ever been a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by captainyankee View Post
    I don't think Al Sadr was ever branded as a terrorist. He lead a militia that was opposed to US forces in Iraq. Also, today he's a member of their parliament, so he's decidedly not a terrorist.
    An Iraq War veteran and Army Colonel wrote a very good article in support of Al Sadr which more or less falls in line with my personal views about the guy. https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/06/18...aqs-best-hope/ I encourage everyone who's had a say on Al Sadr's character to give it a read, but I'm not sure this is really the place to argue it, so I'll leave it at that.

Anyway, unless there's a major change of minds, or a willingness to allow me to use a new CKey, then it seems very unlikely I'll be getting unbanned. If that's the case, would it be possible to have this thread deleted after the fact?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muqtada Al Sadr View Post

I've played on /tg/ for a long time, but it's been a while since I've really been consistently active there, but I'll ask. If nothing else, I posted a link to an appeal I made on /tg/ back in 2013 in my first appeal thread, and I honestly think that was the most recent ban I've had on any SS13 server except for CM.
    Which admins/mods do you know on /tg/? When did you start playing? Have you played under any other ckeys while there?

I still know a few people from space detroit and I'll talk to them to get your notes from there.