User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Muqtada Al Sadr - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The player in question had a pretty bad run of bans and notes back in 2013/2014, but I can confirm they've played pretty consistently with no incidents of note the past few years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What ckey or ckeys were you using in the attempt to evade?
    Aside from that I don't care too much about your ckey, but ban evasion and erp are about the most serious offenses you can manage on the server.
    Last edited by Solarmare; 12-31-2018 at 06:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by starmute View Post
    Which admins/mods do you know on /tg/? When did you start playing? Have you played under any other ckeys while there?

I still know a few people from space detroit and I'll talk to them to get your notes from there.
    While I've been playing for a long time, I've never really participated much in /tg/'s community outside of just playing a lot. I think many of the current admins would probably recognize me, but I'm not sure if anyone would be able to give more detailed feedback than the notes summary that Arianya gave, so I think that will have to suffice. Thank you both for going through the trouble, it's very appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Solarmare View Post
    What ckey or ckeys were you using in the attempt to evade?
    Aside from that I don't care too much about your ckey, but ban evasion and erp are about the most serious offenses you can manage on the server.
    The only CKey I attempted to evade with was RapInfluencedAggressor. The registration e-mail for that CKey is from Feb 14th, so that's around the time I tried to evade.

Also, I mentioned in my first appeal that the line that got me banned for ERP was made under the assumption that it counted as marine bravado described in Rule 1, but I haven't really had any direct responses to that. What are your opinions?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muqtada Al Sadr View Post

Also, I mentioned in my first appeal that the line that got me banned for ERP was made under the assumption that it counted as marine bravado described in Rule 1, but I haven't really had any direct responses to that. What are your opinions?
    Since Arianya was able to vouch you've been good and you've been banned for over a year I think that its good grounds for a appeal. HOWEVER ban evading is never good. I'm on the fence honestly.

Regarding your post

ERP is NEVER acceptable even in jest. Its one of our core tenants, written into the rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by starmute View Post
    Since Arianya was able to vouch you've been good and you've been banned for over a year I think that its good grounds for a appeal. HOWEVER ban evading is never good. I'm on the fence honestly.

Regarding your post

ERP is NEVER acceptable even in jest. Its one of our core tenants, written into the rules.
    Yes, I definitely took it too far with that line. I hope that violation in particular can be taken as an unintentional fuck up, but I know I've really made myself out to be untrustworthy by intentionally evading the ban that resulted from it. Still, I hope the amount of time that has passed and my lack of fuck ups on other servers can be acceptable witnesses to the fact that I really don't want, or plan to repeat past violations here or anywhere else.
    Last edited by Muqtada Al Sadr; 01-01-2019 at 09:58 PM. Reason: edited for better emphasis

Whitelisted Predator Skysoldier's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, this is interesting, I wouldn't care too much for the ckey, so I went through and looked back into your logs and the perma-ban.

Your general reaction to the ahelps are generally in trolling levels, then you admitted to ban evading which at this point wasn't even a considered rule break.

But generally other than these mistakes and the time, I'm somewhat willing to support you for a probation despite your previous attitude and really, just saying you made this appeal while drunk is kinda off putting but whatever.
    I'd give in my benefit of doubt that you at least changed your attitude and hopefully won't repeat these low tier sexual remarks and LRP.

+1

Also, no, you may withdraw the appeal, but we won't delete it, it's marked forever now and considering you also admitted to ban evading, we'll keep that in mind.
    Marine: Musica 'Ham' Howard/Pred: Etka N'thal'eyal

Trial Moderator>Moderator>Trial Admin>Admin>Senior Moderator>Santa

You only live once, think about what you are doing, what you can do, what you will do. Don't make mistakes or regret your decisions, you will only ever make them once every time until it's over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skysoldier View Post
    I mean, this is interesting, I wouldn't care too much for the ckey, so I went through and looked back into your logs and the perma-ban.

Your general reaction to the ahelps are generally in trolling levels, then you admitted to ban evading which at this point wasn't even a considered rule break.

But generally other than these mistakes and the time, I'm somewhat willing to support you for a probation despite your previous attitude and really, just saying you made this appeal while drunk is kinda off putting but whatever.
    I'd give in my benefit of doubt that you at least changed your attitude and hopefully won't repeat these low tier sexual remarks and LRP.

+1

Also, no, you may withdraw the appeal, but we won't delete it, it's marked forever now and considering you also admitted to ban evading, we'll keep that in mind.
    Thanks. Only reason I would want the thread to be deleted is for privacy reasons, since I didn't know if you guys needed the thread to stay up or not for logging reasons, but it's not a big deal. I haven't given up on this appeal yet, since I still really want to demonstrate in-game that I can be much more suitable player than I was a year ago.

edit: Since it's been brought up, the way I acted in admin PMs is the infraction I honestly find the most embarrassing. I think I totally failed in making the transition from a medium RP server to high RP, and I tended to get waaay too upset over being contacted about RP issues. I hope it doesn't come to it if I get to play again, but thinking back on it kind of makes me want to get bwoinked just so I can be appropriately responsive and pleasant to compensate for being so obnoxious and combative in the past.
    Last edited by Muqtada Al Sadr; 01-03-2019 at 10:50 PM. Reason: edit so I don't have to double post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you could be given a second chance on probation but thats up to the Managers. +1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll be fine on probation to be honest, as for the ckey I don't really care just due to the fact its the internet and people tend to do things like that. However I really hope you know that the LRP has to stop and the attitude you pertained towards staff members in the past. +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi_Gzz View Post
    You'll be fine on probation to be honest, as for the ckey I don't really care just due to the fact its the internet and people tend to do things like that. However I really hope you know that the LRP has to stop and the attitude you pertained towards staff members in the past. +1
    Absolutely. Experience has proven that it's a just waste of everybody's time to act as antagonistic in AdminPMs as I did. I really dread the thought of being such a pain in the ass again, I've already caused enough trouble as it is. My interest in playing CM again is to just have fun and to be a fun player that everyone else can enjoy, and I don't want to prevent anyone, staff or player, from being able to enjoy themselves.

As far as RP goes, I think it's been clearly demonstrated to me how not to go about it successfully, at the very least. I remember before I got banned, my character essentially boiled down to "annoying shitposter but in the aliens universe whoa!!" which was a really lame gimmick, so I've really been interested in doing better than that, rather than just repeating the same lame schtick but within the rules.